Question of the Day, August 11, 2010

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Without hesitation provided we have ships that can move much faster by then. I want my wedding and honeymoon in a different solar system!

I love space.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Considering the physical exams needed and the fact for all the fun involved you just spend days in a tight, closed environment without being able to go anywhere really, i don't think it would be worth the time and effort.
As much as space travel sounds awesome on paper, reality is less colorful and a lot more harsh. I'd go crazy after 8 hours of being stuck in a big floating can. Poke me when we have awesome intergalactic cruisers with whole deck dedicated to recreation of earth nature life with trees, grass etc.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
If I had an unlimited amount of money (i.e. spending money on this wouldn't stop me spending money on something more useful) then yeah, why not. If it was 'go into space or buy something useful', then no.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Fuck yeah!

Always wanted to see the planet from above. It must be gorgeous!
Also, to be able to see so many stars with the naked eye must be a mind blowing image as well.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
YES! And while they're at it, hurl earth into the sun aswell!.....oh wait, i actually can't afford it, JUST KIDDING FOLKS!!! HARHAR! *tiptoes away into a dark alley before the torches and pitchforks rise*

wkrepelin

Apr 28, 2010
I wouldn't go into space until the technology was much better. If we were in a star trek or battlestar glactica type civilisation then sure otherwise I don't think I'd be up for it.

Verkain

Sep 5, 2004
Without a doubt, yes.

Even if I could only afford the trip up and they left me in orbit to die I would consider it worth the trip.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
No, because apart from the zero-gravity aspect, the reality of space travel would be pretty boring to me, and even zero-gravity would become annoying after a while (around about the time I needed my first space-dump).

Also, I'm not sure if I want to experience that life changing moment when I look upon our planet from space and feel all that awe and insignificance, because once experienced it can't be un-experienced, my concern is that it would affect my ability to relate to people on my return and leave feeling alienated and aloof.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
That would be a colossal waste of money, I assume it would be very expensive, and even if not I dread to think of the carbon foot print of a round trip to space. It would be a stupid, irresponsible and foolhardy thing to do.

Lexxi64

Aug 10, 2010
Nah. Never really thought about going into space, never wanted to xD If I had enough money to go up into space, I'd spend it on something else.