Question of the Day, August 11, 2010

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I would definitely go into space if I could!

I can only imagine what it would be like...
Well, I'm sure that it would be fun!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Continuity said:
That would be a colossal waste of money, I assume it would be very expensive, and even if not I dread to think of the carbon foot print of a round trip to space. It would be a stupid, irresponsible and foolhardy thing to do.
And yet, I would still do it.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
nope, it's still too early and the tech isn't that great. there's just too much that could go wrong right now, i'd rather just be happy on Terra and live it up with my (what i assume is) absurd cash to burn.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Furburt said:
Yep. I've always loved seeing the big picture, and you can't get much bigger than that.

I wonder if they'd let me come on drunk. That'd be interesting.
That would be awesome!

Wait! What if they let you go into space stoned! And then film it so you can watch the hilarious results when you come back.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Lizardon said:
I've been facinated with space since I was a kid, so if it was within my price range I'd take a trip up.

It would be a great conversation starter if nothing else.
"Hey, how was your weekend?"

"Oh, it was great I sa-"

"Oh yeah?! Well I went into motherfucking space!"

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Continuity said:
That would be a colossal waste of money, I assume it would be very expensive, and even if not I dread to think of the carbon foot print of a round trip to space. It would be a stupid, irresponsible and foolhardy thing to do.
Haha, Stupid and Irresponsible? You do know that they actually offer these trips to people that have the money right? (I heard somewhere it'll cost around 20 mil, but i'm not sure which currency)

no one really

Nov 18, 2009
No. Even if it was free I wouldn't do it.
Not because I might die and not because I'm afraid. But because it looks really, really boring. (sounds, anyway)

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
My brain has built this defense of a mental block about anything having to do with space. If I look at a picture of space, I have to take is as I would a painting. The reason for this is when I think of space and all its vast emptiness, I get an extreme feeling of fear like I am both falling and drowning. So, no, I would not ever pay to go into space. If it ever became necessary for us to go into space, they'd probably have to do like they did on A-Team and knock me out first just to get me on board the shuttle.

MongoBaer

Jun 17, 2010
Why not?

I think you could prove/disprove a lot of things to yourself if you went up.

As for the costs, If you want spaceflight to be a feasible thing then you need to find a way to monitize it. It's the whole "If you build it, they will come" arugement.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Nah, never been interested in the development of space 'travel'; i'll be when we are able to travel to other galaxies with all the neat little hibernation thingy working properly.