Question of the Day, December 21, 2010

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
MentalBakura said:
Give me a fully remade current-gen Final Fantasy VI, and I will forgive Square-Enix for everything. Even FFX-2!
While I didn't actually find FFX-2 as bad as everyone else, I agree with what this guy is saying...but if you can't do VI at least do IX.

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
I've given up on Square Enix remaking any Final Fantasy that was in 3D. They've remade enough, it's time for them to move on.

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
How about "none"? Can we have a completely original and creative game from them for once, please? Do we seriously need a slightly shinier version of games most of us have already played before? What is the point, honestly? As far as I'm concerned, for me the last good Final Fantasy was 6, and I never have nor do I intend to play a remake of that.

This is why unless this company stops milking the cash cow of past successes and relying on fans to throw money at safe nostalgia we'll never get anything decent out of them that doesn't follow a formula. Let's turn all that talent and creativity I'm sure they have into creating something new instead of rendering Rosa and Cecil's twu wuv with newer pixels over and over and over, please.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Can they just stop milking the franchise... and let it die
(yeah i said it, i hate FF)

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I have to say FF7. Its not because im one of those fanboys who has Cloud posters on theyer walls, or owns half a dozen action figures.

Its just, when i think back on my favorite FF games, 7 does stand out the brightest.

Mostly because of Barrett. Barrett was a beast.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Is it really a shock which one's winning...

I'm not a big Final Fantasy person, but if they redid VII, I might be persuaded to play them again, as VII was incredible.

fu3lman

Nov 17, 2008
FF6 seriously, it should have been it's own damned franchise.

If you didn't vote for it, you never played it to any credible extent. It's a gaming masterpiece in every sense of he word. Screw all the others, they aren't even in the same league.

I implore you to go play FF6 to completion on any platform you can find it on. You can hold me personally responsible if you end up not loving it.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
If anything, Final Fantasy VI. That was the best of the Final Fantasy games and you know it. Yes, VII was good, but VI was the absolute best in the series.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
FF XIV. They really need to make that one again. The current version just isn't good enough. Just rip off current MMOs. It's not original or creative, but you'd have a better game.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
C95J said:
Pirate Kitty said:
None.

Less remakes. More future greats.
Agreed, no remakes please :/
Agreeing to your agreement. Either a Final Fantasy game without the sterotypical-ness, go the Monty Python route (something completely different).
I guess I am forced now to agree to the Monty Python route, because anything which goes down the same road as Monty Python has to be good.