Question of the Day, January 20, 2011

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I have a DSi and a DSiXL because my dad did not know they were so similar (I got a DSiXL for christmas)

soo I will not be getting one. also I don't have the disposable income right now. dam school!

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
In Japan, its being sold for about $300. Not 300 yen, but $300 USD in yen.

Honestly, I want the system because of portable OoT and SNAKE EAAAATERRRRRR!

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Since the Aussie dollar is almost at parity with the US dollar, if I only had to pay $250 US for the thing, I'd be very happy. I paid $230 or $240 AU for my DSi, and thought it was a pretty good deal at the time. Even $300 AU would seem perfectly reasonable. The DSi XL's RRP is still $300.

If they price it above $300, I will whinge and sulk and wait for a good sale price. (If I were a betting woman, this is the outcome I would put my money on. Oh well. Still plenty of excellent DS games I haven't got around to playing...)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
No. One of the managers at my work said that his friend at Gamestop told them their computers said $1,000 for it, when they were taking preorders before the price was announced. We didn't expect it to be that much, but for the new technology, around $500 wouldn't have been surprising.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Well, it's cheaper than I thought, but still pretty pricey. But I'm gonna get it, maybe not on launch, but probably within the month or so, once a few of the games are released.

bulldogftw

Jan 4, 2011
I just ordered a 3DS because i never played games like ocarina of time and there being ported to it.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Funny thing is, people are constantly complaining about the price of hardware for a nice gaming PC but the same guys shell out 60 bucks for a new game or 250 for a damn 3d toy. It just boggles my mind.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
It's a little too expensive, but I won't be buying one at launch anyway. I plan to wait awhile and take advantage of a nice bundle offer. I only bought my DS two years ago!

Woem

May 28, 2009
It's cheaper than I thought! But I own a PSP Go as well so I'm not sure if I'm a good reference.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Are you kidding? That's way cheap! /sarcasm

Sorry, I trolled my answer. Sounded way too sarcastic of a question. Systems are always expensive... While handhelds have usually been cheaper, I cant be surprised at it's price mark; it's 3D!!

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Too much for me. If I played my DS all the time I'd maybe be able to justify it....but $250 is too rich for my blood at the moment. Sorry Nintendo, I like the hardware quite a bit, but I won't be buying one.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I personally think it's a bit too steep for Europe. However, I'm American, so I'm fine with the planned US price. And considering what comes with the machine, it's definitely a step up from the DS in terms of overall value a purchaser will be getting.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
Well, it's cheaper than I thought, but still pretty pricey. But I'm gonna get it, maybe not on launch, but probably within the month or so, once a few of the games are released.
I too think it's a bit expensive but cheaper than I expected: as a gamer I expect to be ripped off like a new car buyer so I guess that's not saying much.

I'm probably not going to buy the first one: I'll need to be really impressed. But I probably will buy the update version that follows.

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
$250 would be too expensive for a handheld gaming device under any circumstances, but this is also Nintendo we're talking about. Six months from now, the company will be releasing another version of the DS with some other gimmick and another ridiculous pricepoint. Nintendo's turning into Apple.