Question of the Day, July 20, 2010

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Robot. As far as I know Dopplegangers wind up being evil a lot so that won't do and and if I have a clone it will raise of the question of which one is the real me. A robot can be programmed to do my bidding and Can easily be distinguished from me so I'm going with that.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
A clone. Robots tend to malfunction and a doppleganger could be a real douche and make my life a living hell. If the clone has all my memories and emotions then it probably wouldn't be any fun, but if he just looked like me and had a blank mind to begin with then i could have some interesting plans...

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Robot, cos then I could change them into a female, and it'd be awesome and stuff.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Probably have to go with a robot, with the clone everything is the same, so if you get sick with a life threatening disease, chances are they will too, plus the robot would make a wicked awesome security system. :3

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Robot.
But a REALLY well done one.

...I won't get into what I'd like a robot for.

I'm a lonely guy.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
A clone or doppelgänger will try to kill you, fact.

Robots can have loyalty chips implanted, and come with cool accessories. My robot will have a built in cooled and ice chipper, cocktails on the go.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I'd get a robot version of me, then we would work on being able to build an army of clones, which I would probably start organlegging. Clones don't have rights, they don't have souls. Even in the dystopian future of Shadowrun, they're legal but without legal rights.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
I would go with a robot because robots can be turned off and don't need food.
A clone would need to be fed and if I tried to get my clone to rake the grass off of the lawn he would be exactly like me and would not want to do it. A robot however would do what I ask without questioning me (I would be sure that this robot would not become self-aware.)

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
whats the differance between a clone and a doppelganger? anyway ROBOT I CHOOSE YOU!

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
A robot!

Me: Robo! Make me a sammich!

Robo: You're terminated, fucker!

Me: NOOOOOOOOO! *splosh*

... I die a lot in my fantasies.
This is an innacurate image, this is the more likely scenario

Me:Robot make me a sandwich
Robot: Make it yourself.
Me: Sudo make me a sandwich
Robot: Ok.

teletran3

Sep 10, 2008
Robot for sure. You don't have to worry about it killing you and taking your place or complaining about equal rights for clones.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Hubilub said:
A robot!

Me: Robo! Make me a sammich!

Robo: You're terminated, fucker!

Me: NOOOOOOOOO! *splosh*

... I die a lot in my fantasies.
I'd have it running Ubuntu

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Dopplegangers can change into anything. Even if its true form looks like me, I could get it to turn into whatever the hell I want it to.

Sep 8, 2008
could i harvest the doppleganger's organs when i got sick? then clone, absolutely clone.
even if it does get my memories or personality this is probably the best option. if it does have my personality this is still probably the best option, because robots and shapeshifting assassins trying to kill you are much nastier than a clone.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I don't always like myself, I cannot conceive of a world where there was more than one of me.