Question of the Day, July 27, 2010

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
The occasional grinding can be nice. Especially if you've got a nice group dynamic going, and if you run into a surprise now and then. Too much of it gets old quickly, though.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
elexis said:
where is the "No, I play EVE" option?
Pretty much this. I don't play anyother MMO and you don't have to grind to level up... it does it all for you. Unless you're trying to do higher level missions, but that's not boring.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Sometimes all you need is something pointless and gindy to put your head on straight...

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
It's funny, because as I've got older my attention span has grown when it comes to things I previously found boring like art, film and literature, but my attention span for gaming has contracted massively, to the point where ANY grind instantly puts me off a game. I used to be able to tolerate it when I played old school RPGs like Pokemon and Diablo, but as soon as I got into WoW I just instantly became averse to it. I made about four characters of different classes: every single one of them I gave up on around level 36, where the grind became really noticeable. MMOs padded out by grind are the most masochistic form of entertainment I can think of, where it's literally a competition to see if you can stave off boredom longer than the other guy to be the first to hit the level cap/get the achievement/gather enough badges or whatever. It has the opposite effect on me, because as soon as I see guys run past me who've submitted to the grind and are now decked out, I feel like switching off the game and doing something worthwhile like learning how to make a really good souffle.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Every game is grinding. Life, in general, is grinding. Especially when it comes to studying or working.

Seeing how I'm still here and not interested in killing myself, yeah, I'd say grinding is okay.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I like grinding occasionally, but doing it for too long makes me want to inflict bodily harm upon myself. I have nightmares about grinding the same Owlkin in Winterspring from level 54 to level 60 on my Warrior back in 2005. It took me almost 2 whole weeks, playing 3-5 hours a day.