Question of the Day, June 22, 2010

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
PlayStation Move looked pretty good and the price is quite right so I guess that one.
As for Nintendo 3DS, colour me apathetic. Microsoft Kinect also doesn't look to exciting.
And I already have an Xbox.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
My 360 is fine, but I'd probably switch to the slim if I could afford to.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
None of above, neither is particularly interesting nor needed from my point of view. I'd rather save up for better tablet or another screen.
Then again I'm PC gamer, all those toys by default hold no value for me. Give me decent games instead.

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
I will probably be getting the 3DS or the new Xbox slim.But the Xbox is higher on the list, because I want to play Gears of War.I miss my Xbox after it got stolen :(

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Im not really eggar to get my hands on any of these // I already have a 360 and a ds, I dont want a PS3 or a Kinect so this question doesn't apply to me

-M

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
wooty said:
The 3DS for me, just seems a fair bit more potential and fun for this. Nintendo usually always deliver when it comes to handhelds.
I would have to say this too. I've never been disappointed by a nintendo console; I might be disappointed by the software offerings from time to time but the machines themselves are always well made and not ridiculously expensive.

I might pick up the new 360 if it really turns out to be rrod proof and doesn?t have some other disastrous hardware problem.
As for the motion controllers, I might get the move (I already have the eye) if there are any games I?ll want to use it with and if I end up getting the 360 slim, I would get the kinect if they have any good sparring software for it.

So while I might get all of them, the only one I definitely want is the 3ds.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I wouldnt mind getting a slim if I got the chance. That would be pretty cool...otherwise the DS is a safe second option!

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
None of them! I haven't touched my 360 in months and no upcoming games look to change that, I don't play handheld games, and I'm not interested in motion control!

I have no idea if I'm the minority or wether there are others who feel this way.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
f) None of the above.

The motion sensors are a giant gimmick, I haven't felt any kind of interest in Nintendo for a good 10 years now (at least), which was around the last time they did something good, and the current generation of consoles still doesn't justify their price IMO. If I was given a choice of one of those for free, then the 360 Slim, without a doubt... As a purchase, I'll save my money.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
where is the none option?

Jaredin said:
I wouldnt mind getting a slim if I got the chance. That would be pretty cool...otherwise the DS is a safe second option!
you have a SLIM chance of getting one

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I guess the 360 Slim, but I want to be able to transfer my save files (like Mass Effect) over to it, but I don't know how or if it's even possible. So that's one of the reasons why I'm going to wait.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
My answer totally wasn't among the options, my mind was somewhere else when I read the question.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
3DS looks the best of all the options. I mean 360 Slim is good, but i have no need to replace my Xbox. And like other people said, Kinect and Move are gimmicky Wii impersonators (although they could have a few good titles, it will never justify the price tag). 3DS looked like a solid piece of hardware, so if I bought any it would be that.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
None really, but would go for the 3DS before any of them. Don't own a 360 and don't ever plan on wasting the money on one, and could care less about Move since I have a Wii.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Jedoro said:
I don't think I'll get any of them, but if I had to I'd get a 360 Slim. The Elite I have works fine, so no need to replace it.
Konrad Curze said:
Not a single one of them. The only thing that even slightly interests me is the new 360 but in a console that already has major issues with overheating, making a slim version just seems, well, kinda friggin retarded.
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
If i had to choose, then it would be the 3ds, but i don't really want any of them. I'd rather just save my money and spend it on new games or upgrading my computer or something. None of them offer me anything i really care about so i won't buy any of them..
zala-taichou said:
None of those, but if I really had to choose I'd go for the 3DS. No contest really. It was the only one that looked like it had a future.
Vinticore said:
If I've got to choose; 3DS for the sole reason that my old DS is running out of juice
Otherwise, quite meh.
thenumberthirteen said:
5: None of the above. I'm slightly interested how the Move turns out as I think you really need buttons to do motion controllers well.
Keava said:
None of above, neither is particularly interesting nor needed from my point of view. I'd rather save up for better tablet or another screen.
Then again I'm PC gamer, all those toys by default hold no value for me. Give me decent games instead.
midnightalone said:
Im not really eggar to get my hands on any of these // I already have a 360 and a ds, I dont want a PS3 or a Kinect so this question doesn't apply to me

-M
Frequen-Z said:
None of them! I haven't touched my 360 in months and no upcoming games look to change that, I don't play handheld games, and I'm not interested in motion control!

I have no idea if I'm the minority or wether there are others who feel this way.
Caliostro said:
f) None of the above.

The motion sensors are a giant gimmick, I haven't felt any kind of interest in Nintendo for a good 10 years now (at least), which was around the last time they did something good, and the current generation of consoles still doesn't justify their price IMO. If I was given a choice of one of those for free, then the 360 Slim, without a doubt... As a purchase, I'll save my money.
Seems like we're not the minority after all... Or if we are, we're quite vocal.

Jandau said:
Gee, is anyone even remotely suprised by the results of this poll?
Hiphophippo said:
pretty unsurprising poll results.
I am. I'm somewhat surprised people actually want Nintendo's latest gimmick/cash cow. Admittedly the whole "portable game console" phenomenon sort of misses me entirely. Unless you're regularly stuck on a flight for over 5 hours I don't see much of a point to owning one of these. Even then I'd prefer a laptop... Can't think of a single portable game in the last 5 years (or, come to think of it, ever) that seemed even mildly appealing, and I don't see what's all the fuss over the 3DS...