Question of the Day, June 7, 2010

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Handsome Dead said:
BRIAN BLESSED

It would be the best film.
Wrong. It would transcend film entirely, elevated to the glorious perfection of the visual arts. We may as well blow ourselves up after that. There's nothing left to accomplish.
We need to find his agent's email. NOW.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Kim Kardashian is not a star in any sense of the word, has little acting experience, and is pretty much a reality TV hack. It should definitely NOT be her.

Megan Fox is an okay choice, whatever people think she's not really a bad actress, the question is, is she really the right sort of actress for such a role?

Allison Carrol is English, she's the person who does all the motion capture and everything for Lara Croft in the games, and she has gymnastic experience, as well as the right look for the role. She's easily the best choice of the three, provided she can get the acting right.

Overall though, the actress has to be English since the character is also English (Angelina Jolie is a great actress and I really like her, but whoever cast her originally in the films should be shot). She also has to have good acting experience, the right sort of physique and athleticism to handle the role, and have some experience in similar roles. Personally, I'd say Keira Knightley (oooh, controversial). She fits pretty much all the rules I just listed and she's a great actress, so she could probably pull off the role quite well. For the same reasons I'd also have Rachel Weisz as a choice, again, she's a great actress who fits those rules perfectly :).

So yeah, I say either Keira Knightley or Rachel Weisz.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
I'm gonna have to say Yvonne Strahovski, with brown hair though, a blonde Lara wouldn't look right

Shimoku

May 21, 2009
Justin Bieber ;)

I agree with tkioz; put Jolie back in Lara's outfit and I'm all good.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
DaxStrife said:
Other (please specify):
NO ONE. Does anyone seriously think we'll ever make a good movie out of "Tomb Raider" who isn't 14 or a Hollywood studio producer?
Only one thing could represent Tomb Raider at this point: A corpse.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
coldalarm said:
Valkyira said:
Allison Carol definitely.

She's English, she's trained in gymnastics, she's already done a lot of work for Tomb Raider.
Not to mention she's actually roughly Lara Croft's size, physically. And by that I mean her build, not necessarily her height.

Megan Fox on the other hand, is talentless, over rated and probably couldn't pull off an English accent.
And she doesn't look like Lara.

And Kim Kardashian is just a slag. Made famous by... well you all know.
I lol'd. But she doesn't look like her, either.
Agreed on your first two points. I can't agree on the third because I don't know who Kim Kardashian is.

Could someone clarify that bit?

OT: Allison Carol, as a 100% yes.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Trivun said:
Overall though, the actress has to be English since the character is also English (Angelina Jolie is a great actress and I really like her, but whoever cast her originally in the films should be shot).
While I don't condone violence against filmmakers (even Michal Bay), the people who may claim the blame for choosing Angelina are the Casting Directors. In this case, the notable Hubbard family is responsible.

I will also disagree that she was poorly cast - it made for a more successful movie overall, rather than completely relying on the game's fanbase to generate interest. While this may seem like a bad idea initially, it's comparative success over other videogame-based films like the Resident Evil series, Bloodrayne, and Max Payne makes it worth "selling out" in this particular case.

We didn't get the "Indiana Jones as a girl vs. a T-Rex" experience I would have liked, but the first film still stands as a pretty solid adventure movie, if a bit dated. I'd even go as far as to say it's better than "Indiana Jones and his kid find aliens." I'll take a crappy UK accent over CG monkeys any day.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Megan fox is on this list? How did that happen? Oh, right, transformers.

Jessica Alba gets my vote.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
That gal who played Sarah Palin in that awesome DvD.

But, since she is probably not the best actress(Although she was great as Sarah Palin,) I'd say Carroll.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Kim Kardashian, way hotter then the other two AND the Lara Croft movies are NEVER about acting or action scenes or anything, it's all about the big tits and tight suits

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
Croft is a Bland an uninteresting character, Fox is a bland and uninteresting actor. Its perfect.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Hawkeye16 said:
Croft is a Bland an uninteresting character, Fox is a bland and uninteresting actor. Its perfect.
I just joined this thread to say pretty much the exact same thing.

Lara Croft is nothing more than a pair of mammary glands and tight cargo shorts. Put the franchise out of its misery already.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
Rhona Mitra and she won't even have to fake the accent. I've always favored her over even whats her name from the first movies.