Question of the Day, June 9, 2010

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
I prefer Audiosurf.
It has to be the most innovative music game I've played.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
None of the above. Instead, I vote Tap Tap Revenge 3. It's a near-perfect little iPhone game, and easily the best game on it in my opinion.
You sir, are a brilliant human being :D
Tap Tap Revenge 3 ftw!
Indeed.

What difficulty do you typically play on? Which are your favourite tracks?

Me: Fireflies (Owl City), Nothing Left (As I Lay Dying) and Tap Tap DomiNation on Expert :D

They aren't necessarily my favourite songs, but they're brilliant to play.

EDIT: Holy shit I just got the global high score on Nothing Left! I am now a very happy person.

Crap I misread it. It's still a good score though.

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
It's the game in which I sit down and play piano :) It's fun, and the controller has an amazing 88 buttons!! Also... I don't have a PS3 or Xbox, so anything else is kinda out of the question...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
From the options for me has to be rockband...good for party play and even better when drunk!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Rock Band, easily. It's got a good variety of available music, the different instruments offer unique ways to experience each song, it's generally not generally finger breakingly difficult, and it doesn't go out of it's way to be "Xtr33M!1!!" like GH does at times.

fishman279

Oct 29, 2009
Tharwen said:
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
None of the above. Instead, I vote Tap Tap Revenge 3. It's a near-perfect little iPhone game, and easily the best game on it in my opinion.
Tap Tap Revenge 3 ftw!
Indeed.

Me: Fireflies (Owl City), Nothing Left (As I Lay Dying) and Tap Tap DomiNation on Expert :D

EDIT: Holy shit I just got the global high score on Nothing Left! I am now a very happy person.

Tap Tap Domination is epic on Expert. I used to play it on hard but I prefer it on extreme now for some strange reason. My favourites are Gives You Hell (All-American Rejects); Call Me When You're Sober (Evanescence) and Sweet Disposition (The Temper Trap). I like a few others but those 3 stand out ;)

I seem to be the only person I have met that can play on expert with 2 fingers.

rowan-thats-me

Jul 23, 2008
It's all about beat hazard, a wicked game, cool idea, but next they need to make a 3d free running squence type game that changes with the music, that would be awsome!

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Just drops into the river of other people who got here sooner, but yes, Audiosurf. (other)
3 words "Your...own...music".

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
Tap Tap Revenge 3 ftw!
Indeed.

Tap Tap Domination is epic on Expert. I used to play it on hard but I prefer it on extreme now for some strange reason. My favourites are Gives You Hell (All-American Rejects); Call Me When You're Sober (Evanescence) and Sweet Disposition (The Temper Trap). I like a few others but those 3 stand out ;)

Wait... two fingers? But how?!? No-one can move that fast!

fishman279

Oct 29, 2009
Tharwen said:
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
fishman279 said:
Tharwen said:
Tap Tap Revenge 3 ftw!
Indeed.

Wait... two fingers? But how?!? No-one can move that fast!
Yeah, that's the reaction I get from most people until they see me do it ;). I never liked using my third finger (I must've practiced with it on medium for weeks...) so I just gave up and did it with two. It took a while to make the jump from hard to extreme but it was worth it. I rarely get 100% using 2 fingers on extreme though, that must explain it. I'm not going for a world high score or anything, I just like playing the game occasionnally taking up a few challenges. Nothing to get excited about, trust me :p

I also like using Tap Tap Studio. If you've not heard about it, you can basically create your own tracks with the songs on your iPod. I must have about 300 songs on that thing by now, it's brilliant.

s_glasgow99

Jan 8, 2010
WTF happened to Amplitude and Frequency. Harmonix's originals. They were great, and Frequency has some great freeplay modes.

SomEngangVar

Sep 23, 2009
Frequency. Amplitude. Audiosurf.

Frequency and Amplitude>>>>>any game ending in "Hero" or "Band"

And what's better than playing your own music in a game?

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
Guitar Hero. Beatles rock band takes individual award cos there is not one bad song but overall guitar hero wins.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
Eleuthera said:
What? No Audiosurf?
I thought the same thing! Between all these "X" Heroes and Rockbands, Audiosurf beats them out of the water.

OT: I also got audiosurf on a super sale so I got it for 2 bucks on steam >.> For me, clearly the price paid to fun had ratio is outstanding.