Question of the Day, June 9, 2010

littlerob

May 11, 2009
The best music game? Music 2000, of course.

Man, if only I could find anywhere that still sold Music 3000...

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
While I never played it, and a big "Fuck You!" to the mandatory-Steam for that, AudioSurf looked pretty cool since it let you use your own music for gameplay. I'd love to see it ported to a console but it'd invariably be DLC, which I loathe, so that'd still rule me out.

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Nothing beats rocking out with your friends, and Rock Band did that first (and arguably best).

DJ Hero is a second for me, though. That game is so fun, and has some really good music.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Wow, not even a mention of DDR or the Bemani series that practically created the genre as we know it? That's pretty myopic.

I was a pro at DDR until the arcade in town closed down. I still tool around on StepMania every now and again, but nothing beats the feeling of tearing up the pad with a bunch of people you don't know.

Getting to know them is fun, too.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
the only music game i ever cared about or whole-heartedly attempted was DDR. guitar hero and rock band are good for playing when drunk for lulz.

also, Donkey Konga.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
...long-awaited sequel to DJ Hero...
Didn't the first only come out a year ago? And wasn't it not that well received?

And my vote goes for Rock Band, the series that does music and band centric games right.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
I don't own it (yet), but I have played it, so I'm going to go with Beat Hazard.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
As much as I love me some Guitar Hero, I think I'm more likely to get the next Dance Dance Revolution title. I was all into it during high school and I miss that game to an extent. Favorite song was Butterfly ^^;

I love me some Guitar Hero too, as I said. I think the second was my favorite. Good track list and it wasn't impossible to play on expert.

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
Aylaine said:
I keep hearing about Beat Hazard, and seen that you got a demo off of Steam in IRC yesterday. What's it like?
It's like Asteroids meets Audiosurf, but more importantly, it's like one of those games you absolutely need to get right now.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
Well, you know why I took Singstar even though I can't sing and normally hate Singstar? Because, once a month, a few friends play it together with me. Wich means, we drink a whole lot and then try to sing. It's fun.

(Also, first post. Hi everyone, or "Moin moin!" from this cursed place called "Lünen". If my english isn't perfect, well, I'm German. Tell me and I'll learn.)

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Only music game I could afford.

Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 3 [http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/435422]

tl333s

Nov 17, 2009
What, no DDR? No Beatmania?

You people who think the music gaming craze started with Guitar Hero have a lot of exploring to do.