Question of the Day, September 22, 2010

Criquefreak

Mar 19, 2010
Celebrities should not have MMOs and I'm ashamed for game designers everywhere as well as game publishers because this is the worst idea I've heard in a long time. I feel very sorry for the poor level designer getting the odd and random task of trying to design something as random and haphazard as this.

One of the primary things that every game and every element in a game should be tested against is "Is it fun?" as well as "How is this fun?". The whole idea reeks of tasteless memorial rather than actual, plausible game. Are we already trying to make the King of Pop spin in his grave?

Now, the idea could be risky but innovative with quite a lot of tweaking. Drop the whole single pop star angle and go generic music themes for levels/worlds. Character creation could allow for diversity in musical styles, appealing to a potentially wider audience than just fans of a single musical artist. One thing it's got that's actually appealing is the whole solutions via ANYTHING OTHER THAN VIOLENCE, the games industry is epically plagued with that poor, lazy design.

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
The Jersey Shore cast. The game would be so dumb it would be a complete success.

... or William Shatner.

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
It depends how sexual the Lady Gaga one is....

Otherwise, the Beatles should get one. Think of how many trippy ass dungeons could be made with the Magical Mystery Tour!

And I've said for the longest time that there should be a Bruce Springsteen video game (not an MMO, but it might work) where you have to fight your way out of Jersey and rescue the girl you love and such. Because let's be honest, everyone needs to fight out of Jersey. And there could even be a bonus level where you get to be the Big Man (Clarence Clemens for those of you who don't know).

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
Kitsune_Bi said:
David Bowie, but only if he was all dressed up like the Goblin King Jareth from Labyrinth.
I completely agree. Better yet, a Labyrinth MMO featuring everything awesome about that movie from David Bowie to Jim Henson's puppets (I hesitate to call them Muppets in the case of Labyrinth).

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Hwoof said:
Justin Beiber. It'd be dedicated to killing him. Many many many times. His weakness is in the autotune
"Justin 'Beebz' Beiber -- the love of teeny boppers and losers everywhere -- was not what we thought...
For Justin was something else, other then human.
An alien -- sent deep undercover -- to brainwash the human population, turning them against their own kind.
You, and a few more survivors of the Beiber Fever must combat this plague, and restore humanity..."

What do you think?

OT: Bruce Willis :D

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
TheComedown said:
Other, only because there is no None option, and of all the people in the world to base an MMO of those are some of the worst. I would sooner rip out my eyes then even sit through a trailer.
My logical side agrees with you, and that your post being the first post too, should be tread/

But then right after you I see this:

GamesB2 said:
Chuck Norris the MMO.
That would just split my sides with laughter to play. I'm not thinking a game where you create a character that lives in a Chuck Norris world, but a game were everybody is running around as Chuck Norris.

"Chuck Norris, we need you! Help!"

"I'm Chuck Norris!"

"No, I'm Chuck Norris!"

"You two are fakes, cause I'm Chuck Norris!"

"Well I'm more Chuck Norris than any of you!"

The Chuck Norris comes in to play his own game, and nobody believes it is him.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
TheComedown said:
Other, only because there is no None option, and of all the people in the world to base an MMO of those are some of the worst. I would sooner rip out my eyes then even sit through a trailer.
My logical side agrees with you, and that your post being the first post too, should be tread/

But then right after you I see this:

GamesB2 said:
Chuck Norris the MMO.
That would just split my sides with laughter to play. I'm not thinking a game where you create a character that lives in a Chuck Norris world, but a game were everybody is running around as Chuck Norris.

"Chuck Norris, we need you! Help!"

"I'm Chuck Norris!"

"No, I'm Chuck Norris!"

"You two are fakes, cause I'm Chuck Norris!"

"Well I'm more Chuck Norris than any of you!"

The Chuck Norris comes in to play his own game, and nobody believes it is him.
See there is a problem there, the real Chuck Norris would come in round house kick all the avatars into oblivion and leave ever player holding their stomachs in pain. There is only one Chuck Norris, Playing such a game would be dangerous to your health.

Blasphemous Rex

Better Than You
Jul 26, 2009
Not a very good selection pool this time around. I went with "Other". Too bad I don't know which "Other" I'm talking about.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Poomanchu745 said:
This has to be the dumbest question ever.
I thought so too, but if you think outside the box on the question, it isn't really dumb. I think the choices given are crap.

Yes an MMO just about a celebrity is stupid. It would be better to think of a celebrity and then think of a major role that they played in a television series(movies wouldn't work because there isn't enough story, unless it was based on a book), then have and MMO about that series and of course have that celebrity used as a model for his or her parts in the game and use his or her voice.

I don't agree with the poll choices, because they are narrow. They only deal with Singers/people in the music biz. Seriously, even with my favorite bands and singers, their isn't anything interesting enough about them, or any singer for that matter, that would constitute an MMO. There is just no story and world for it, and since it is an MMO, you wouldn't be playing as the celebrity.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Gary Busey. So much crazy shit would happen.

He knows what class you are. And he sees into your soul.

http://waxturds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/busey.jpg