Question of the Day, September 25, 2010

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
As much as it pains me as a PS3 fanboy, Halo seems to have the best/most memorable theme

Dr. Feelgood

Jul 13, 2010
Isn't it obvious?

Brutal Legend has the greatest(and to me the most memorable) soundtrack of any game I have ever played.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
CUnk said:
No mention of Morrowind? Who can forget when that first trailer got released?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J4F3bs3Pk
Halley M said:
Chrono Cross
Both are not modern enough. It's about modern games here.

It has to be Portal, MGS, Katamari Damacy or maybe Final Fantasy X.

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
I don't know how many pages has gone without more than 1 person mentioning SMG1 or 2's OST.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
I can't believe this thread was made and God of War wasn't on the list. Best soundtrack ever made, and most memorable theme ever!

Demon's Souls was also epic, and I still have some tracks stuck in my head.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I choose other and I refer it to Banjo Kazzoie Nuts and Bolts. Say what you want about the game, or about Rare but you cannot deny that Rare makes beautifully orchestrated music.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Ontoue said:
D: No love for Shadow of the Colossus?

And these two have a completely different style from the rest.
With an Organ!
Slow-paced and ominous.
Whoa! The dark horse wins it!

We're talking about memorable here; in a crowded room with songs from every one of these games playing, the Shadow of the Colossus ones would catch my ear for sure. They're in my head, forever.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
While I like the Portal theme... it has only one real song that sticks out in the minds of people. For me, however, I like music from the following modern titles:

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and a handful of songs from other Sonic titles, Metroid Prime (just the whole trilogy), and Left 4 Dead 1 and 2...

... The last two just make sense since the music is important in paying attention for Special Infected. The Tank theme alone is always stuck in my head.

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
Bloodstain said:
CUnk said:
No mention of Morrowind? Who can forget when that first trailer got released?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J4F3bs3Pk
Halley M said:
Chrono Cross
Both are not modern enough. It's about modern games here.

It has to be Portal, MGS, Katamari Damacy or maybe Final Fantasy X.
Metal Gear Solid came out in 1998. Silent Hill, 2001. Morrowind, 2002. Kingdom Hearts, 2002. Katamari Damacy, 2004.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Must say out of all of those, MGS is the only one that stood out and stuck in my mind (ie is most memorable) enough that I could call it to mind and try to hum/whistle/beatbox it out loud.

Though as that - apart from background atmosphere vibes - only really played over the start/end credits, or whilst some red-flash action was going on, Portal's also in with a shot. (Was originally discounting it as, even though EVERYONE knows Still Alive, all you get is the tune over the credits)

Mar 16, 2009
Brawl. Cheating a bit, but remixed and amazing compositions of all the best music video games have to offer (plus tracks original to the game itself)? Yes please.
The game itself was lackluster, but the soundtrack blew me away.

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
Silent Hill 2 for me. Even though Kingdom Hearts is my all-time favorite game series, SH2's music was incredibly deep and emotional. "Theme of Laura" is definitely one of the best songs ever in a video game. The song sounds both uplifting and depressing at the same time.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Well I can see Portal winning this because of the end credit music, however for the best musical score it has to be Halo hands down.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Homeworld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzo4ONrI8n8

That is all.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
"This was a triumph..."

Katamari was annoying, Kingdom Hearts was interesting, but not as much as Portal. Others I didn't really play so...