Question of the Day, September 27, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 27, 2010

EVE Online creator CCP is trying its hand with vampires by revamping the classic Vampire: The Masquerade [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103767-CCP-Teases-New-Vampire-the-Masquerade-MMOG] videogame into an MMO. Did you play the original Vampire: The Masquerade? What changes would you like to see in the MMO?

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Yes and Bloodlines is easily in my top 5, though it was a year or two ago so it had the unofficial patches to fix it up.
Redemption was too buggy to play when I tried though :x

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
wheres "no but i want/will"?
no offense meant, but some of the options on these polls are "yes i love it" or "i ill die a thousand deaths before contemplating it"

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Yes I have played it. Shame mine was really buggy (even after a lot of patches) and it deleted my saves a few times and I came up across bits where I was unable to continue.

I wouldn't like it to be in an MMO, too much grinding for my liking but I would like to see it pretty much the same with lees bugs. That was my main gripe with it. That and also combat that wasn't so clunky.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
Where's the 'yes, it was Awesome' option?
I call biased poll.

Bloodlines is one of my favourite games of all time.

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, I did play Redemption. A mate of mine absolutely raved about it and to hear him go on about it you'd think it was the best thing since sliced bread, but I think I must have played a different game to him because my reaction after a few hours of play was somewhere between "Ok, bored now" and "Meh". Plus I'm not into MMOs, so I think this is getting mentally filed under 'avoid'.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Redemption or Bloodlines? Played both, completed the first couldn't complete the second, it was way too buggy. Shame really.

Drakey

May 17, 2008
Oh!! I voted hell yeah, and Fuck it was awesome! Because when we sat around the dinner table with pencils and erasers talking about the goth world and double checking our actions in the guide books, we had a hell of a time!

Sry, thought this about the ORIGINAL

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Why isn't there a "Yes, and I loved it" option for this?
Because Vtmb is one of my favorite games. There was little about it that I didn't like.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Original as in? Pen and paper or the V:tM - Redemption / Bloodlines?

Played pretty much all incarnations of World of Darkness so i'm quite looking forward to see how the MMO will turn out.
I'm curious how they plan to implement feeding and generation progression, since fluff wise a vampire had to drink blood of a more powerful one to be able to evolve further, and will there be some sort of feeding grounds, with random human npcs respawning so you can refill your blood pool? What about the whole -masquerade- thing, how will you keep your nature unknown to them? Will the city's/regions prince be an NPC, GM or player?
If it will be actually based on V:tM and not V:tR will there be a faction vs faction element between Camarilla and Sabat ? What about Independent clans like Assamites, Setites and Giovanni?

So many questions and i doubt we will see any answers within next months.

weltraumaffe

Mar 22, 2010
Ok i only know to Vampire Games (Redemption and Bloodlines).
and they are both NO mmo... so why the last answer? is there a vampire mmo i don't know about?

Nemesha

Jun 23, 2009
Bloodlines was awesome, I must have played the story through at least 3 times.
There where only two major flaws:
-lot's of bugs
-terrible terrible combatsystem

I can't really imagine an MMO from this game. It had a dark atmosphere within a few cities. Not an entire world.