Racists boycott Thor movie because of Idris Elba playing a god

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Wow. I guess it's a sign of the geek-dominated times when even hate groups need to focus their wrath on FRAKKING COMIC BOOK BASED MOVIES. These cretins have, by some miracle, made themselves look MORE pathetic. I wasn't aware that was possible.

doctorjackal777

May 25, 2009
When you're working with actors and you want to pick the best performance for the roll you're not going to put skin color on top of the list if you can help it. If the races match up then coolio, but I don't think it should be 100% necessary for it to. Obviously that doesn't mean you should cast the wrong race just for the lulz when there's someone perfectly qualified for the potions who matches aesthetically. YOu need to decide which actor will portray the character the best, and then pick that person regardless of their skin color.

Any of you guys remember Bruce Almighty with Jim Cary? God was black in that movie to, and it was awesome!

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
As a person who is of Norwegian descent, pays close attention to it, and is also a lover of Norse mythology, I'd like to note that I don't give a flying flip whether Heimdall is black or white. I just want him to be good. That's all. This group, the CCC, won't do any harm at all. They're just bigoted supremacists.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I can understand being annoyed that they're casting against what the character is suppose to be. I'm barely a comic reader, but still Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury bothers me but its not like Iron Man or Hulk are straight interpretations of the comics on the big screen just a general idea. So long as said actor does a decent job, it really doesn't harm the movie or the mythos really.

And honestly, is anyone going to walk into Thor and expect straight up mythology? I was a Jim Carrey Mask cameo....

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
WanderingFool said:
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-??. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:?. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .?~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ?~,_. . . ..?~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .?=,_. . . .?-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~?; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .?=-._. . .?;,,./`. . /? . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..?~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-?
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Behold the power of PICARD!
^win

Yes norse gods weren't black. Comics however take liberties with the whole "god" concept and as such aren't subject to mythos canon. And Marvel literally wrote the book on retconning anything, anywhere, anytime. So, yes these guys are racists and idiots. I just hate the fact that conservatives get a bad name from the extremists. On that note, to liberals who freak over conservatives who paint muslims with the terrorist brush, mind you that not all conservatives are racist fucks so put your brushes away as well.

Giovanto

Jun 3, 2008
My question is; who cares? They're a bunch of racists. No one cares what they have to say or how they feel. Their opinions don't matter.

brumley53

Oct 19, 2009
5 bucks says that the rest of the cast isn't of a complete nordic decent, therefore they're all wrong.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
I love how this is announced as though it's suprising or real news. Extremist religious groups boycott videogames and do their DAMNDEST to pass laws to ban them from store shelves, and we always sigh and move on when that happens. But a racist boycotts a movie with a race they don't like playing a popular character is suprising? come on . . . can you REALLY say you didn't see this coming? it's the same reaction this racist would have if a black man was to play Jesus in some random movie . . . or better yet, an ACTUAL mid east native. Racist groups boycotting black actors is NOT SUPRISING. Nor should it be worthy of press. Ignore them people . . . ignore them and you steal their power FROM them. Give them press, yell and scream and spread the word about how OFFENDED you are by them, and you make them FAMOUS.

Ever wonder how creatures of misery like Paris Hilton don't vanish, but keep getting MORE rich? it's not because she's brilliant with business . . . I tell you that. It's because every time she does something idiotic, it gets MAJOR PRESS. This makes people look her up, and that in turns makes her lucrative to the press. And since her image is being used . . . she gets royalties.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, by being so active about giving a shit that some racist group does something they'd be likely to do no matter what . . . you're making them MORE LIKELY TO DO IT AGAIN.

shinigamisparda

Nov 21, 2009
Now don't hate me, but I myself was a little upset when I heard Thor was being played by a black guy. Not because I have anything against other ethnicities but instead because I like things staying as close to the source material as possible. But then again we as a people, especially American's, seem to have a subconscious tendency to do things the way they were done before, and considering that most of the world was dominated by white European elitists that means using more white males than anything else. So, after very little thought, I can say I'm happy with a little ethnic diversity that goes against the source material, especially in this case if it pisses off a hate a group.

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
It seems out of place for a black man in nordic mytholigy. And some people up here still pratice worship of those Gods, they might take offence. In general it´s a bad idea to stray from the original material.

Actually having read alot of Norse Mytholigy, im NOT gonna see this movie. And only because i know it will NEVER honor it´s roots.

AND Thank you Marvel for the mass rape
of my culture and roots.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
If I was a god, Norse or otherwise, I'd be pissed that someone said I had to be white.
I'd be like "*****, I'm a god. See me now, my skin is gold, no wait silver, no wait translucent"... Not only that but I'd be able to pull off the ***** part cos I'd be Samuel L Jackson.

Oh and if we're talking about taking liberties? Lets talk about his belief that America is a European country... I'm pretty sure there was a big fight about you guys not wanting to be British. Strike one.
You're in North America and not Europe. Strike two
... I can't think of a third strike that is relative to the point. But then Europe didn't invent baseball did we.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
Dear Americans,
We Europeans can be quite proud to not be you but that is just because of the unfortunate few who let your side of the Atlantic down. I know that every one who I have met here visiting has been not the least bit loud or obnoxious.
In every country there are individuals just as ridiculous as these guys or the WBC or the PTC or whatever.
It is not your fault that you good people get lumped in as a country with the morons and I will try and rememeber that whenever I post.
Sincerely
A European.

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
It actually DID kinda rub me in weird way, the Norse gods were all white, and this seemed a little off. Then people like this started whining and boycotting and my first thought was "Leave 'em all in!" If these people are going to get all pissy, then I say more power to the filmmakers.

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
The United States a European country?not in this life time.
um..CCC...that's the reason we became a separate country. To NOT be European
and what's all the crap about how the United States should be Christian?
racist white supremacist idiots