RAGE QUIT!!!1!11!! >:(

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
I never really rage quit too bad, it's usually just more a deep sigh, some grumbling, and turning off the console. Well one day, my brother was watching me, made a snide comment, and that was all it took. I exploded in a fiery assault of words and hits. I'm pretty sure I dropped the F Bomb at least 10 times.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
I rage occasionally in multiplayer, but I correct myself quickly by taking a deep breath or just reminding myself that everyone dies in video games. It's also important to not let yourself get too sucked in to the game, otherwise you'll start taking it way too seriously and flipping your shit every time you die. I've never gone to the point where I break or throw objects, although I slammed my desk once when I was riding in a helicopter in Battlefield 3 and our pilot crashed into an oil tank in Operation Firestorm, killing all five of us. Also, I think this is the best video game rage ever on the internet:

Just look at all the holes in his room! I also love how he blames the keyboard and monitor for him messing up.

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
One of my best rage quit stories?

Ok, playing dark souls, and fighting one of the bosses (I cant remember which one). Well I had him down to an inch of his health, and he sends an attack my way that takes out like half my health, which kills me. I stare at the screen in a 'im going to destroy everything' moment.

Well, I turn away from my box and throw my controller on the ground, which precedes to bounce right back up into my hands.

Right... back... up....

I... I dont even know. All my rage was gone. I sat wondering just what the hell happened.

Jan 13, 2012
Well, back in the day I played the game Black. There was one mission in an asylum and at the end of the mission it kept spawning baddies, I was always low on health so I always died and kept respawning back at a bad checkpoint. Anyway, many a rage quits were had in that game. I even broke one of my controllers.

There are probably more rage quit stories but that was the most memorable.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Most recent? Diablo 3. I quite literally, alt+f4'd, went outside, kicked a rock, and walked back in.

Yes that counts as rage for me. I don't get riled very easily. Haven't loaded the game since. No desire to.

THE_MUFFIN_MAN15

Apr 27, 2010
Metal arms: Glitch in the system. I was a kid at the time and I could not for the life of me figure out how to beat the Zombiebot king boss. I don't really regret anything since a year or so later I played the game again and looked up online how to beat him.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
When I died at the last proper boss fight in Resident Evil 2. I didn't have a memory card so I was doing the whole game in one go without saving.

So yeah, I wasn't about to go through the entire game again. Fuck that. *power off*.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
I'm not 100% that "better" rage stories are good considering the interesting ones are going to involve a highly unnecessary lashing out in anger that's probably not very healthy but I know what you're going for. I hated myself [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/538.361147-So-very-angry] for doing this and have actually been much much better about it since realizing what an ass I'm making of myself but for your entertainment:

I was playing a match in FIFA 12. Someone at EA must be married to Cristiano Ronaldo because I swear to God that if he gets the ball, they'll get a goal no matter what. A shot from 50 yards out? GOAL! A cross with my big man in front of him? GOAL! Goalie boots it forward and Ronaldo dances past five of my guys? GOAL!

I could feel the rage building as goal after goal goes in. Finally, at 6-0, I threw my controller and shut my 360 down. A few chairs get punched and I'm pacing back and forth like a bull. One last kick...

I kick the garbage can, which flies into the bathroom. The plastic garbage can itself cracks and breaks. The can, while flying into the bathroom, hits the sliding door which shatters the wood around the magnetic strips that allows the door to close. The garbage can continues to fly and puts a large hole in the wall.

I'm really sorry, but this must be said...

GOAL!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I don't rage quit. I sort of... boredom quit. When I'm bored, I quit. No fanfare. I just leave. Sometimes that coincides with, a steamroll in TF2. Sometimes it coincides with everyone else being so shit that there's no strategy or challenge involved. But yeah, I don't leave in anger anymore. Just disinterest.

That's team-based games though. I don't play many 1 v 1 sort of games but I tend to always "gg" and say thanks for the game afterwards, especially if I sucked. I hate playing against people who suck.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I have never 'Rage Quit' anything.

Ask away.

Games are for fun, if I'm not having fun, I stop playing, I have never raged at a game before. Maybe a controller issue, but never at a game.

I was crazy pissed at the God of War game I forced myself to play. This one part, the camera deliberately tries to fuck you over while jumping from beam to beam... I was pissed off, but I forced myself to beat the damn game. I did so just so I could have a complete and honest opinion on the shit series that is GoW..

: P

Honestly, if a form of entertainment is making you truly feel the emotion of RAGE...

Then you're doing it wrong.
Agreed. I've gotten frustrated with all kinds of games for all kinds of reasons. But never to the point where I felt I had to take out my negativity physically on something. The whole idea of doing so is just seems like a lack a maturity, or at least a lack of emotional control.

Then again, I'm probably one of most mellow people I know not much brings me down. In fact I can recall the last couple of times I was ears red angry, and it wasn't because of a video game.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I hate the person in TF2 who came up with the idea of random critical hits. No, mini-crits and critical hits are fine, if you earn them by doing a specific task. My favorite weapons, such as the Kritzreig, Sniper Rifle, Eyelander, Axetinguisher, and the Frontier Justice all are weapons that reward the player with playing well by giving you critical hits.

But random critical hits? There is literally NO other reason for them to exist BUT to screw some guy over who probably should not have died so fucking pathetically. It's the most chickenshit strategy for a newbie to get ahead over the advanced player, by sheer, bullshitted, 'of COURSE you got that' luck. You have better gear, skill, health, backup, and perception of the problem at hand, BUT YOU WILL FUCKING LOSE BECAUSE OF A 4% CHANCE THAT HAPPENS TO *YOU* AND ONLY *YOU*, AND IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY IN VANILLA SERVERS.

You have four heads on your Eyelander, you're running almost as fast as a Scout, you have more health than a Soldier, you have a shield granting damage resistance to the biggest hitters of damage, BUT THAT ONE SNIPER WILL HIT YOU *ONCE* WITH A CRITWACKA AND END IT

You fighting a Pyro and spamming flames? WHOOPS SON HIS FLAMETHROWER GOT A RANDOM CRIT FUCK YOU

You running around a corner from a Heavy? WELL HEY THERE, I'M JUST A CRIT BULLET THAT HE RANDOMLY GOT THAT IS GOING TO TRAVEL AROUND THE CORNER AND KILL YOU

Trying to melee that fucking Spy who OH HEY ONE CRIT BULLET THAT IS GOING TO SUCK DOWN AT THE MINIMUM HALF OF YOUR HEALTH

Fuck them. But the worst rage I've had is where I screamed myself hoarse (alone at home) and repeatedly bashed on my desk.
Have full uber charge
"Incoming stray randomly fired crocket"

What annoys me is ping on TF2, and Dead ringer spies, 10% is way too little, way too overpowered in pugs, it also defeats the point of a spy, to be careful.