RAGEQUIT!

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
ExodusFlame said:
If he considers himself a pro gamer make him sign up for a gaming tournament with prize money prove his metal and humiliate him on a giant scale also he cant back out of matches that way.
Mettle. Yeah, yeah, it sounds the same.

I don't do PvP, it just doesn't interest me much, but I have ragequit group quests when the following has happened:

1. Buncha noobs who don't know what's going on refuse to listen to me when I explain, in detail, what they need to do.
2. One of said noobs WILL NOT shut up.

If the other group members are contributing so little I'd actually be better off soloing, I'm gone.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
ilovemyLunchbox said:
A friend of mine has recently gotten a knuckle tattoo. For anyone who isn't already aware, knuckle tattoos are the finishing touches on any loser's desire to make himself unemployable. They typically consist of eight letters, but they invariably read "IM STUPID" no matter what is actually written there.
I know there's a lot of controversy over what is opinions etc, but I would say it's a pretty dick move to call everyone with knuckle tatoos stupid, and to assume yourself correct above everyone. My uncle has many tatoos, mainly down his arms and back, and he has the "Love Hate" knuckle tatoos (I expect at the time he got those specific knuckle tatoos the Love Hate idea wasn't as overused and obvious as it is now :D) but I don't believe him to be a stupid man. He is my uncle and I love him, so I'm understandably taking offense at this.
However, I get your point about rage quitting, it does sort of seem the cowards way out and a bit cheat-y, but it's only a game so oh well. The fact he considers himself a professional gamer, eugh :/

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I ragequit though I am by no means a competitive gamer, what a lot of CoD players consider a terrible game (E.G going 12-10) I consider a cause for celebration because I don't often go positive. And I've never had a positive K/D the reason why I rage-quit is most of the time I don't mind if I go negative as long as I get a few kills and have fun. Its when I'm getting absolutely shit on like I just can't kill anyone that I tend to get angry and quit the game. So it is normal for a lot of people I think because a lot of times the game just isn't fun when you're up against really good people.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I rage quit when I think I'm dragging my team down, like when I'm getting no kills and lots of death in Team Deathmatch, regardless of whether we're winning or not.

As for your friend... no, that doesn't sound normal.
And being PROUD of rage quitting... I will never understand that.

Forgetitnow344

Jan 8, 2010
Just for the people who have asked, I'm friends with him in the real world. He's a pretty decent guy usually, but he has the lamest interests. He can carry a conversation under normal circumstances, but if you put him in front of a video game, the demon comes out. I think he's just overly competitive and doesn't have the bite to back his bark. I think he needs to get laid.

Captcha: tingle necessary

See, Captcha knows what's up.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
I do not view people who ragequit games just so they won't lose them, a game shouldn't be about winning so much as it is getting to that last goal, and this really shouldn't be normal behavior for a human being. I play games with my friends all the time, and the only time we ragequit is when one of us starts screen checking and killing us off.

Smiles

Mar 7, 2008
I don't understand why people think you can never get a job with hand tattoos, its illegal to descriminate and its not a big deal really... some of my friends have hand tattoos and they still managed to get jobs.

although I would have to agree that getting knuckle tattoos that read RAGE QUIT its a ridiculous idea, I mean people who rage quit are the people who the community makes fun of the most. Its extremely immature and hella annoying to play with those jerks who join a game and then ten minutes later if things aren't going their way up and quit on the team... losers...

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Yeah, I kinda dislike your friend as a gamer. I don't exactly care about the tactics he uses when actually playing, but I look down on ragequitting as absurdly poor sportsmanship. Winning shouldn't be that much of a big deal.

Sort of off topic but I've noticed an increase in rage-quitters for BlazBlue, at least for me. Now that we can choose not to fight the person we get connected with, why can't you just take your loss and never opt to play me again? I think my win/loss ratio is slightly but noticeably skewed because of how many wins that were taken from me. Not that I care too much, but it bugs me slightly.
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
I rage quit when I think I'm dragging my team down, like when I'm getting no kills and lots of death in Team Deathmatch, regardless of whether we're winning or not.
I can respect that. I tend to be really unfortunate when playing team based games because I always have someone dragging the team waaaaay down. I won't ask them to quit, but it would have been helpful. Not that winning is all that important in the first place of course.

Agarth

Jul 14, 2009
It's this sort of thing that makes me truly despise humanity. Anyone that imprints IM ST... I mean RAGE QUIT on there knuckles sounds like the average Call of Duty, Halo sort of online player, and by that I mean he sounds like the sort of guy that will yell loudly into the mic about sleeping with your mother if you kill him. And yes, now that your wondering, I am the sort of "Multiplayer can die in a flaming pit after contracting aids" sort of person.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Here's a question I have in response to this topic...

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, who the hell came up with quit while you're ahead?"

OT: People who are overly competitive and don't get paid to be so should be avoided when gaming, IMO.

(Captcha: finish bumenta. It shall be done, Lord Inglip.)

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
His knuckles should read "TROLLLOL" because hes sure got you bad.

Why does his actions bother you so much?

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
The only time I leave a game early is when my router plays up, or if I'm being spawnkilled constantly. I see the latter as fair, because if they can be douchebags, so can I.

Thetwistedendgame

Apr 5, 2011
I ragequit when it's truly a lost match. Like all spawnpoints being captured by the enemy and the starting spawn point completely overrun with enemies bad. Baserapers equal ragequit.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
There is no shame in retruiting. Though I am pretty sure if you just stood up in a war, tossed your rifle away and yelled "Screw you guys. I'm outa here!" you'd get into trouble..

docSpitfire

Jun 13, 2011
ilovemyLunchbox said:
Just for the people who have asked, I'm friends with him in the real world. He's a pretty decent guy usually, but he has the lamest interests. He can carry a conversation under normal circumstances, but if you put him in front of a video game, the demon comes out. I think he's just overly competitive and doesn't have the bite to back his bark. I think he needs to get laid.

Captcha: tingle necessary

See, Captcha knows what's up.
Yeah, my friend I mentioned in my post above used to be like that...
Fortunately in the case of my friend it was a phase he grew out of, have you ever played anything co-op (but not PvP)? My friend gets so frustrated when anyone other than him does something cool (even to the point where when I convinced my friends to play D&D he threatened to commit suicide during the second session because someone got a crit with a *3 weapon and he wasn't playing that class)

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Here's a few reasons not to ragequit.

Encountering a Zangietroll:

Encountering a raging Chozo:

Raging in TF2 again:

LionHartXIII

Jun 26, 2011
It's tottlay normal most people who do sore losers who think the shit which in actuality thats exactly what they are is shit. They rage quit because they can't play a game. Most of the time these people are what I like to call "Virtual Haters" because they tend to hate on others that think they suck or that they are better than them. Rage Quitters are normally people who tend to in real life try to own fancy cars or supe up shit ones to compansate for there tiny dicks.But yes your friend is a ****** and its not normal to get " RAGE QUIT" across there knuckles, I honestly hope you were kidding or saying that as a medifore.