Rapper 50 Cent Isn't Impressed by Minecraft

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
To be fair, Minecraft tends to appeal to more creative people, so I can understand why 50 Cent might not get it.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Crimsonmonkeywar said:
FizzyIzze said:
For anyone getting their feathers ruffled over the comment about Minecraft, he specifically said he's going to check it out [http://youtu.be/p30JHrSVy8c?t=7m14s].
You're falling on deaf ears with this one. It's one reason I'm not a fan of articles with out of context quotes that neglect to reveal information in order to sensationalize something that's relatively simple and non threatening. But it worked, you and I've both commented on it, and 30+ comments or so of people have fallen right into it's trap and are to blind with rage see a way out.

So now whenever they see anything to do with him it'll be "That guy doesn't understand Minecraft and is overrated, so screw him", but a million times more ignorant.
It's okay, I guess. I mean, not a whole lot of people are going to take the time to watch a video after being told something negative about it. On the other hand, this thread is probably one of the better examples of social experiments regarding gaming and communication in the modern era.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
He just needs to wait for the 'Drugs & Bitches' update that adds in gangbangers, hookers and the 'Ghetto' biome. That's probably more up his street.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/the-ghetto/

I draw your attention thus. So now Mr Cent has absolutely no reason to not want to play Minecraft. At any rate, I saw that 'game' he 'made' and I also know enough about him and his dealings to not want to give any kind of fuck about his opinion on a popular and successful game such as Minecraft. So really his thoughts don't bother me at all. I'd much rather focus on the Escapecraft server and on my own little orchard and farm in my realm of Iagador, thank you very much...

(cookie to anyone who knows what book series the name Iagador comes from :p)

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
This isn't news this is just bait so this site can switch off their final fantasy OSTs for 15 seconds just to have another excuse to have another little pop at hip hop thank you escapist!

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
First, I always find it stupid and insulting that rappers are referred to as Mr. Something. Like if you're talking about Snoop Dogg (Lion now, I suppose), it strikes me as mockery to refer to him as Mr. Lion or Mr. Dogg. Maybe I've seen too many of these jokes making fun of legitimately intelligent and incredibly savvy and witty folks like rappers (Snoop, who has a genius level IQ and 50 Cent (Mr. Jackson, as the article ought to say) is a businessman with an actually inspiring story. Luckily, we've got some tools here insulting the man and a great, beautiful genre of music. Phew! Also, that good ol' fashioned racism in the morning ("Hyuck hyuck, there should be a ghetto biome with hookers and drugs for 50 Cent to like it! I'll ignore that he's making money from sources that I probably can't even imagine and has more class in his right testicle than I do in my entire family tree!")

Anyways, I don't get it either. I liked legos just fine, but Minecraft just strikes me as the epitome of tedium. I'm also not a person that needs stellar graphics (I just bought Nidhogg on Steam for crying out loud), but it I also just find it excruciatingly ugly.

Ultimately, though, who cares what Mr. Jackson has to say about Minecraft? This is like asking Gabe Newell how he feels about the latest in avant garde poetry. He's not a figure in the scene and has never positioned himself to be, so who gives a damn? Or is this like that "WOULD YOU HAVE BEER WITH THE PRESIDENT HURR DURR," crap that's been getting the news to ask anyone with a functional voice their opinion on anything and trying to pretend it's news?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
50 Cent doesn't approve? OH SHIT GUYS. Shut it all down! Yep the whole thing. It's over. He doesn't like it.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
Well I'm not impressed by 50-cent, or his music. The Rap music genre in it's entirety as a matter of fact, fails to impress me.

But that's not making headlines, now is it?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Yep, totally newsworthy. Absolutely.

The part of me that's lucid and mature assumes that Curtis Jackson simply hasn't had the chance to be exposed to the true cultural impact of Minecraft, of which I'm sure university-grade thesis material has already been created. Something inscrutable, ideally, where the writer mixes Jean Beaudrillard with "the semiotics of Redstone in simulated countrysides".

The part of me that's cynical and jaded assumes Fiddy would give a crap if someone created a Bitches and Hos skin set that redesigns everything and that comes complete with its own map generator, so Minecraft's verdant hills are replaced with procedurally generated inner city streets. The mod would contain pixelated Uzis and pistols (all held sideways, of course), while the Jukebox would only play chiptune renditions of his own songs.

Diamond blocks would be replaced with skull blocks, which would lead to Fiddy enthusiastically shouting "WEH MAH SKULL?!" in an eight-bit chiptune voice.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Of course 50 Cent doesnt understand the popularity of Minecraft! He doesn't even understand what a grapefruit is!
Don't let your feathers get ruffled by what 50 Cent said.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
he's still around? I'd figured he'd be washed you by now, well, that's nice.

Now if he'd said something that didn't make him sound stupid that'd be great.

flamedance58

May 2, 2008
Well I don't understand his music that's basically trashing talking women, shooting people, doing drugs, and overindulgence in sex...:p

Seriously, some celebrities need to just shut their mouths on subjects they have no idea about.

Aidan(Roland)

May 5, 2013
Well, he's right when he says the game isn't finished. I'm still waiting for lanterns. Been waiting since Halloween 2010.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
The real question here is, did Notch understand the appeal of Bulletproof?

Yeah, Fiddy may be one of those shrewder business types behind an outlandish stage persona, and probably smarter then he generally lets on (Similar to Marilyn Manson), but I'm not sure why what seems like a fairly random comment in passing based on little actual experience by his own admission really comes out to be news.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
The amusing part is that his observation on Minecraft is technically correct - but for the wrong reasons.

The game actually DOES feel like it's half-finished - but not because of the graphics - and there's pretty much nothing to do unless you mod the crap out of it.

It's a shame too: if Minecraft was more like Terraria but in 3D it'd be damn near the perfect game.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well if there is one interview I really wanted from CES it was some brain blown idiot peddling his ass to whoever will stick it on their shit...

I'm actually joking, he could not be more irrelevant at something like this.