Rapture Tomorrow

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
According to Harold Camping, an evangelist that predicted the end of the world back in '82 I think, tomorrow is the Rapture. And he has made sure we all hear about it.

http://www.ajc.com/lifestyle/will-christ-return-may-945589.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20064290-10391704.html
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/wecanknow/

He's put up, like, 2,200 billboards, plenty of sign-holders, a few accounts made to post on videos "May 21st is Judgement day" yatta yatta yatta.
So, even though this contradicts the bible ("No man shall know the day." "Beware false prophets." "Not even angels know the day."), what do you think?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
As stated in the other threads on the topic,

no, no rapture tomorrow, lol

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I think I will never, ever understand how people can put so much into something that they have no real incentive to believe...I mean people are selling their fucking possessions in preparation for this thing man.

Incidentally, what is the purpose of that? If the world is to end then who needs possessions anyway, why not just hold on to them just in case...

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I will spend my rapture-free Saturday laughing at the people who believed in this idiocy. Wohoo!!

-AC80-

Jul 10, 2009
stupid people making stupid ideas and preaching those ideas to instil fear in the public to buy their stuff.

its a money making scandal of an old and battered horse. don't forget what they said in 1994 as-well, same thing different date.

Nuclear Pancake

Aug 29, 2009
My only worry for tomorrow is that some nut is gunna denotate a bomb or lead a mass suicide.

Anyway its my cousins wedding tomorrow, can't be getting armagedon on my suit.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I call BS on this crazy Christian radio preacher.

I don't believe the Rapture will be tomorrow and even if I did, I've committed enough sins that there is nothing I could do to atone between now and then. I don't see this being any different than any other hoax; you get lots of attention (aided by the media) and people will listen to you for a while. If you're smart, you'll find a way/reason/excuse for said people to give you money too.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
It's already the 21st across the international date line, so... :-\

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Guess i'll see you all in hell!

Actually i'll probably just see you all on this site tomorrow, as usual, since nothing will happen. XD

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I certainly hope it won't happen. I'm working tomorrow and I don't want my last day alive to be a crappy one. Not to mention all the time I will have wasted studying for exams I won't even have to take when I could have been partying.

But, this is supposed to have happened so many times now. I'm gonna say it's not gonna happen.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
It is extremely unlikely anything will happen. Every single generation insists that it's only a couple of years or months until Jesus comes back. So far, they've all been wrong, and I see no evidence that this Camping fellow is any less wrong. As stated before, all he's done has been to create some crazy calculations, based on nonsense, that state that the world will end on the 21st of May.

You know those old homeless, mentally ill people who stand on street-corners saying "The end is nigh, the end is nigh"? You don't pay attention to them do you? Well, why would you start paying attention to them if they started putting up billboards? If I could draw an editorial cartoon, I would have the first panel depicting a homeless man holding a sign saying "the end is near", with the caption "Crazy Man", and the second panel will be harold camping holding up a sign 50x larger saying "The end is nigh", and the media swarming about him with the caption "Media sensation!". Because that's how I see it - the only difference between Camping and the old bearded homeless street-corner prophet is the size of his sign.

We shouldn't pay any attention to him. He's been wrong before (he predicted the world would end in 1994), and he's almost certainly wrong this time. I'm not a religious person, but even the religious people I know write him off as a complete loony.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
It's 21st here already. No rapture in sight. Which is good, I get to finish LA Noire before I get cast down to hell.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Yureina said:

Actually i'll probably just see you all on this site tomorrow, as usual, since nothing will happen. XD
Actually no.

It's the rapture, all gods chosen people will go to heaven and the rest of us get 5 months without them before the world ends 21st of October.

I'm looking up high profile Christians so I can swoop in and steal their house, they don't want it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Lyri said:
Yureina said:

Actually no.

It's the rapture, all gods chosen people will go to heaven and the rest of us get 5 months without them before the world ends 21st of October.

I'm looking up high profile Christians so I can swoop in and steal their house, they don't want it.
This might amuse you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13468131

An atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.

He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.

They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."
I'm sure he's not the only one making a buck off of the nutters. :eek:

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Haven't there already been, like, 5 "Judgement Days" that were supposed to happen in the last 3 decades?

Really, I don't know why anyone would believe this...