Razer Unsheathes the Blade

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
bliebblob said:
martin said:
I'm buying the ASUS G73JW-A1
I got an asus g53jw-1a not too long ago, which I assume is just the 15 inch version of what you are getting. But there are a few important things which weren't mentioned anywhere you may want to know.

Pros:
- came with a free backpack and gaming mouse.
- has a quickstart button that lets you access a browser, your images, antivirus,... without fully starting windows.

cons:
- microphone isn't that good, people often don't understand me.
- charger connects on the right so the cable is often in the way of the mouse. Unless you sit really close to the electric socket so the cable has some leeway.

I didn't know any of that until I actually had it so I figured I'd let you know so you can make a better informed decision.
They're pretty similar, the G74JW-A1 has more ram,and hard drive space, and is about $200 more expensive, but other than that and the size it should be built the same. Thanks, I don't think the issue with the mouse will bother me much, but it's good to know ahead of time.

I'm actually going back and forth to university with it too. It's big, but I was purposely trying to emphasise power over portability.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
synobal said:
ugg gaming laptops worst thing you can ever buy in my opinion.
Lies! but this is probably the worst gaming laptop in the form of price. 3000$ when I can have a laptop just as powerful for 2000$ less?

aldowyn

Mar 1, 2010
If I wanted to spend that much money on a laptop, I'd probably just get an alienware. For one, even THEIR top-of-the-line laptop is eight HUNDRED dollars cheaper. Plus they look cooler :D

As for getting a desktop instead... not an option sometimes. I'm going off to college next year, and it's extremely unlikely I'm going to be able to have a full desktop. As for building one... you can't really build a laptop from scratch, I don't think, and in any case it's WAY harder than doing the same with a desktop.

Not to mention home-built computers occasionally have compatibility issues of some kind. Store-bought ones run cleaner, unless you really know what you're doing.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Oh wow, it only costs a little over three times as much as the PC I plan to build next year. I'm defenantly getting one after I get lobotomized.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Sooooo..... Razor says "PC gaming is not dead" and their argument is that they made a overpriced gaming PC which could anyone with a bit of hardware knowledge make?

I hope that they aren't the one who will choose the path which PC gaming goes or we're all doomed.

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
I have an M11x and that works great. it was half price in a sale and its done me proud. this would be beautiful if it was under 1500, over that you're having a laugh. great idea but its not going to cut it really at that price.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Uuuh, what? My gaming laptop only cost me a grand and the only difference between the two is 4gb of RAM.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Camarilla said:
EDIT: Well, that'll teach me to get confused and post things before thinking. Carry on.
FWIW: Here is the Switchblade.

They had a rather amusing advertisement of it a few months ago... unintentionally amusing, that is. Still, it is soooooo Razer.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0AnlfBu4

tredien

Oct 17, 2008
You can build your own rig, and buy a used car for that much.
Then you have top performance and real mobility. >_<

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Oh boy only 2799.99 I'll just pick one up on my way back from the market then, using my gold shitting private jet.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Alienware M17x ... had the Core i7 first... first laptop to ever get a core i7... so no not the first true gaming laptop... tho mine is a bit dated has dual 4870M running crossfire... still kicks ass x) but no razer... not the first to make it...

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
My laptop is a year and a half old and is still more powerful than that!

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
This wouldn't be bad if they knocked 800$ off of it. As it is, it doesn't even have dual graphics cards. Not nearly worth that price tag.

Robomega

Jul 19, 2011
UnderCoverGuest said:
Uh, it's not hardware that's making people say "PC gaming is dead", it's the quality of the games. Or maybe I'm missing something, I dunno. All I know is ever since I found ARMA II, hang all other games, I don't want'em.

...I just want'em even less if there's no mod support, a stupid single player st...nevermind, spent too much time on these forums today, need to go entertain myself with a picture of a unicycle or something.
Actually, I think it's price tags like this one's $2800 figure. I think I'll blow $300 on a 3G Vita to get my portable gaming fix, thanks.

The biggest stigma that hurts PC gaming is the price associated with it, and this thing just makes it look even worse than it actually is. If anything this hurts PC gaming more than helps it.