Razzie Awards Eyeing Transformers 3 for Nomination List

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Razzie Awards Eyeing Transformers 3 for Nomination List

Dark of the Moon could be on track to repeat the franchise's Razzie success.

Michael Bay's third - and thankfully final - Transformers movie, Dark of the Moon, could make a strong showing in the 2011 Golden Raspberry nomination list. The Golden Raspberry awards, better known as the Razzies, are a parody of the Oscars, and award the worst movies of the year.

The Transformers movies are no stranger to the Razzies; Revenge of the Fallen "won" the Worst Picture, Worst Director and Worse Screenplay categories in last year's ceremony, as well as being nominated for four more. Razzie founder John Wilson said that while Dark of the Moon hasn't received reviews as bad as Revenge of the Fallen, it was still in with a very good chance. "It has all of the earmarks to be a big contender again," he said. "It's still got a low score at Rotten Tomatoes and it's a blatant rip-off of the first two films."

Fortunately for Michael Bay and everyone else involved with the movie, Hollywood has produces plenty of stinkers this year, and it might have to fight for its nominations. "All of the big-budget blockbusters in 2011 have been horrible at best," he said. In any other year, Green Lantern would be a shoo-in for a nomination, but now I just don't know -- there's so much competition!"

It's a little distressing - not to mention depressing - that a movie as bad as Green Lantern might not clean up at the Razzies. It really does speak to how bad some of Hollywood's output has been this year. Hopefully, the rest of the year will be better.

Source: LA Times [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2011/07/transformers-and-zookeeper-are-top-razzie-rivals.html]

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Oh? I didn't know the second movie was so successful at the Razzies. Guess I should pay more attention to that in the future.
As for the current instalment, aside from a few really horrible jokes and some dreadful acting in lead roles (yes, I'm looking at you, Rosie) it actually delivered on what I was looking for - a lot of brutal robot action. Still, there have been other movies I really, really liked that got multiple well-deserved Razzie awards (such as Roland Emmerich's Godzilla)... hmmm... ^^°

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I'm fairly sure the Transformers trilogy has to be one of the worst trilogies ever made, if not the worst.

It deserves those every one of those Razzie awards, the film was garbage.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
The Razzies are all about people crying for attention as loudly as humanly possible. There's nothing of value there, save for picking AAA movies. Whilst the razzies are for the worst of the worst and, damn, Green Lantern and Transformers are way better than some of the crap out there.

Wandering Squid

Jun 16, 2011
Jonny49 said:
I'm fairly sure the Transformers trilogy has to be one of the worst trilogies ever made, if not the worst.
Couldn't agree more. Michael Bay has successfully torn apart a fantastic childhood series again and again. Seriously: "You picked the wrong planet, now give me your face." What the heck?

Hope this series finally dies, but I doubt the unfortunate amounts of $$$ it's bringing in will let that happen :(

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Its ironic that the Razzies have become a beacon of truth for the output of Hollywood.

Transformers 3 is pretty bad, but Green Lantern has Ryan Reynolds. Tough call, tough. Call.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Never thought I'd see the day when an action movie director would nostril-rape a franchise primarily intended for ages 25 and down.

... Kinda like Uwe Boll raping beloved games with irrelevant movies, amirite?

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Fuck the Razzies. "Dark of the Moon" is OK and there were several titles in 2009 way more deserving of the "win" than ROTF.

Feb 19, 2010
Jonny49 said:

it was both eye rape for non TF fans, and a massive kick in the balls for TF fans. the movie raped my childhood, and it deserves to win the razzies.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Jonny49 said:
Star Wars Prequels. Transformers isn't nearly as bad as those.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
"All of the big-budget blockbusters in 2011 have been horrible at best,"
Um, what about X-Men First Class or Thor? Even Fast Five got good reviews.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Cue the comments on elitist reviewers and how "Its not that bad if you just leave your brain at the door and have some fun".

You want to know why the Razzies exist? Because of those two fucking excuses.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
JackandTom said:
Logan Westbrook said:
"All of the big-budget blockbusters in 2011 have been horrible at best,"
Um, what about X-Men First Class or Thor? Even Fast Five got good reviews.
Yeah, I wouldn't agree that they've all been terrible, even though Green Lantern and Dark of the Moon were especially terrible.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Woodsey said:
Cue the comments on elitist reviewers and how "Its not that bad if you just leave your brain at the door and have some fun".

You want to know why the Razzies exist? Because of those two fucking excuses.
Thank you. I've never understood the "us vs. them" mentality. No one is saying that you can't like Dark of the Moon, but it isn't a good movie. I like plenty of bad movies, but I don't whine when people call them bad. Righteous Kill being an example. The script is bad, but De Niro and Pacino playing off of each other is fun.

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Kiardras said:
Jonny49 said:
Star Wars Prequels. Transformers isn't nearly as bad as those.
Both have raped childhoods. Hmm, tough choice. If Mr Plinkett doesn't give Dark of the Moon a 90-minute review, then we can declare the SW prequels the worse offender.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, this year has been awful, hasn't it? I'll be rooting for ya, transfirmers!
TestECull said:
I don't understand the hate for these movies. I think they're quite good. They've got plenty of CGI explosions, there's some titties bouncing around in the other scenes, and they're not so haphazardly edited that you can see prophandlers on the edges of the screen.
I have to agree, nothing better than titties and explosions. It's just that the movies themselves are so damn bad. There are so many better man movies out there (what I call titties and explosion movies) please don't watch this crap!

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Jonny49 said:

Look up the US Remake of Pulse plus it's non-Remake Sequels Pulse 2 and 3.

And didn't have Anaconda like at least 3 Movies?

"Worst" is a word much too common these days...