Razzie Awards Eyeing Transformers 3 for Nomination List

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Kiardras said:
Star Wars Prequels. Transformers isn't nearly as bad as those.
The Star Wars Prequels were better than the Transformers movies IMO. The Prequels were fairly solid movies with bad dialog and a terrible actor for the main character. If Anakin had actually had some decent lines and/or something vaguely resembling an emotional range, they would be decent movies. Not good by any means, but still fairly decent.

Transformers on the other hand was just awful in just about every way. The first movie wasn't terrible, I'd put it on par with the Star Wars prequels, but the second two were just god awful. First time I ever got up and walked out of a movie theatre.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
sniddy said:
They take giant robots

They blow shit up

They blow more shit up

Some small pathetic flesh bags jibber for a bit

More stuff gets blown up

Some eye candy struts about

.....Its a popcorn action movie

I expect nothing except loud explosions and the a fore mentioned shit being blown up

I have enjoyed the last 2 transformers movies, I will not jump on the bandwagon of hate - I have low expectations, Michael Bay delivers every time....and I enjoy what is delivered.

If you expect more or wanna jump on the bandwagon go ahead.
I pretty much agree with you. I didn't expect much. I didn't get much. The thing is, I didn't really like the second or third movies, but I didn't really dislike them. I'll fully admit to liking the first one, though.

1) When the Decepticons attacked Chicago, they just suddenly showed up. I felt it could have used 30 seconds showing the ships descending from the sky or rising out of the water to attack the city. As a result, it just seemed like the invasion force had been hovering within the city the whole time and the people were too polite to say anything (which we know is pure fiction). It seemed kinda lazy to me.

2) They focused on the humans and kind of forgot that the giant robots were even there. I have no problem with the human story being there, but they totally forgot the Autobots in that scene. It was implied that they were hopeless without the Autobots to help them, then we watch them run around a collapsing building without any help. Still it would have been okay except...

3) Next thing we know the Autobots have all been captured and will soon be executed. Um, say what? When did that happen? I don't even remember the Autobots fighting hardly at all. Suddenly, they have been captured. Really, my problem here is largely the same as the problem I had in 1. Something major happened, and we got little or no explanation of how it went down. We're just expected to accept it. It's just that Bumblebee is such a bad ass, that's its hard to accept that he was captured without losing an arm.

4) Starscream deserved better than the death he got. He basically died comically at the hands of a couple humans. Maybe he's not Megatron, but he deserved a better death than what he got. Maybe a one on one fight between him and Bumblebee?

I guess, my biggest problem is that the third act seemed pretty rushed. The movie went fine up until the third act and then it seemed like they got lazy or ran out of time.

They might have been rather petty issues, but they are mine, and they prevented me from really enjoying the movie. Long story short, if it weren't for those issues, I probably would have really liked it. I don't regret seeing it, but I don't plan to watch it again.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
RoseArch said:
The Razzies are all about people crying for attention as loudly as humanly possible. There's nothing of value there, save for picking AAA movies. Whilst the razzies are for the worst of the worst and, damn, Green Lantern and Transformers are way better than some of the crap out there.
Yeah, but I don't think they get a hold of stuff like "Death Bed: The Bed that Eats" and "Manos: The Hands of Fate."

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
TestECull said:
GeorgW said:
I have to agree, nothing better than titties and explosions. It's just that the movies themselves are so damn bad.
...then you don't agree with me. I think the movies are good. They're mindless action flicks, they never claimed to be anything more, and they fulfill the criteria a sane person without a blind hate for anything Bay produces would judge them by.

I could understand it if they claimed to be deep, emotional stories and ended up mindless action flicks, but they don't.
They're bad, because they lack good humour, focus on the characters no one cares about, ignore the Transformer's for most of the movies, copy and paste the first movies plot and over-extend the fight scenes. I loved the big battle of Transformer's Dark of The Moon, but it was still flawed.

1: This is the big ass battle, Transformer's are dieing, even ones that aren't nobodies and here we are, focusing on soldiers, blonde girl and Shia the Beef instead of Tranformer's.

2: The Fight starts to drag when it goes on so long.

3: The movie up to the fight was a poor joke, with the annoying Shia The Beef taking up way to much space.

4: How the hell can the blonde girl walk through a war zone, fall through and out a building, crawl under things come out like nothing happened? Her hair wasn't even a mess.

The Transformer's movies are like, Explosions and action trying to be more then what it really is and failing.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I tire of the excuse that it's a "popcorn" flick and I don't wanna think.

That's fine... but so what? That doesn't make these movies any less bad, and if you're gone to argue with that logic, then I'd argue, why Transformer's? There's plenty of movies out there that blow shit up and have plenty of action that don't ask you to think and they do it way better then Transformer's.

Terminator 2, 3, Commando, Rambo 2, and many more. Transformer's 3 trys to be a comedy, but it sucks.

It trys to be a drama, but who gives a damn what happens to Shia The Beef or his new sex obje-- I mean, girlfriend.

It trys to add tention by killing the Autobots, but you know already that they're not actually gone to kill them off.

It fails to be a faithful adaption of the 30 minute Toy Commerci--I mean, cartoon.

And how many Starscream fans can say they think his death was worthy of the character?

Also, I know it's a war, but why does Optimus come off as a psycho? "Give me your face"

God was the fight with The Fallen so anti-climactic.

STOP FOCUSING ON THE HUMANS IN A DAMN TRANSFORMER'S MOVIE! I came to see robots fighting eachother in a war, not Shia the Beef trys to get a job with hillarios results.

Sounds like a Fox Sitcom. ~.~

The Transformer's could've been a great popcorn flic, but the fact is, they're not. No matter what you argue, they're bad.

They're bad action flics trying to be more then what they are, but are held back by poor character design, stupid humour and the fact that they have to fit the Transformer's in this movie somehow.

Finally, I don't think it's wrong for you to like them, but I think it's wrong to call them good.

You can deffinately like these movies if you want, but stop trying to defend them. They're bad, get over it.

I like bad things and I'll admit they're bad.

Also, I just wish Optimus would trip while firing, the blast hits and blows up Shia's parents and Optimus lands on Shia and his slu--girlfriend, crushing them.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
man thanks for reminding me about the movie. i need to catch it this weekend! XD

Hollywood has never made it a habit of releasing good movies often. you mite get 1-2 a year (im not even referring to the Oscar baits as i tend to dislike those as well) So for what its worth this isn't wholly unexpected.

just sit back relax and go with the flow. you'll be less stressed out if you stop expecting movies to be "good" and merely expect them to be "watchable". using your baser instincts to critique a movie just feels more liberating. Tired of thinking, already do too much of that at work!