Rebecca Black is gone.

C.Flat

Mar 3, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I feel bad for Black, a teenager whose only bit of fame will be that she created what many call the worst song. At least she could acknowledge the fact, until she finally removed it.
She didn't write the song

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
She's already got a ton of money, seriously Friday went Platinum.
Actually the record label was not giving her any money even though she owned the rights and the contract said she would get the money.

So no she hasn't gotten any money out of it.

Just a LOT of hate from the interwebs.

DustStorm

Oct 30, 2008
It is still up on YouTube, VEVO uploaded it. The original video is gone though.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmH-T0-Xfvs

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
DesiPrinceX09 said:
Excellent! But I'm afraid it's not over my fellow escapists, another great evil (dare I say GREATER evil) still resides on youtube. The song I am talking about? My jeans...Which in my opinion is even worse and even more stupid.

Click if you dare...and judge for yourself which is worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64
I stopped Touhou music for THAT?!

God, I couldn't make it past 5 seconds.

OT: Heh. First I saw adding comments was disabled, now the video is taken down. The legend still lives on though as many have said.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
mmm guys ....http://www.youtube.com/user/RebecaBlackVEVO :))))))))) It's VEVO , without actually being VEVO Legen...wait for it...dary

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
Ok then.
Music is not dying or anything because some teens are having fun with silly lyrics, as bad as they might be ...
What is with the hate? Is it because your sisters are listening to it on full volume or something? :p

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Im Glad that it's not there

i had people send me Spam about this

'Go to Friday and Post something bad about it'

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
SeaMonster1776 said:
You know, even though her song was probably composed from the lowest bowels of 4-chan, cant we all agree we got a good laugh from it in one form or another and so therefore should be thankful that the world was given this gift of laughter?
All laughter is insults to her, She wouldn't have removed it if it was just hate.

NoMansLand 666

Jan 14, 2011
DesiPrinceX09 said:
Excellent! But I'm afraid it's not over my fellow escapists, another great evil (dare I say GREATER evil) still resides on youtube. The song I am talking about? My jeans...Which in my opinion is even worse and even more stupid.

Click if you dare...and judge for yourself which is worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64
YOU FUCK!!! I CAN'T UNHEAR IT!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously though, my dear God is that terrible.

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
I actually heard her sing sans autotune in an interview and I thought to myself "She's a good singer! Why did she let them do that to her?"

I agreed with Friday being bad, but in a strange way it grew on me. I saw it and laughed when it was covered by Colbert and Fallon and again when it was on Glee.

I got over the initial awfulness of the lyrics and can enjoy it now for what it is.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
SeaMonster1776 said:
Jonabob87 said:
SeaMonster1776 said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Are we really celebrating? It was a pretty hilarious meme. In their poorly aimed goal for stardom, they managed to fail as horribly as you possibly could, and still got famous for it. I thought we respected such terrible things in this day and age.
Do we celebrate George W. Bush and congratulate him for what he's done? Or any politician for that matter >.>

Jonabob87 said:
Oh look a guy got suspended on the first page for speaking sense.

GG Escapist mods.

OT: In the end the 13 year old girl put an end to the endless abuse she never deserved in the first place. How dare she have dreams and aspirations.
DO NOT question the higher authority. And also OT: that's the price of putting music or yourself out on a national stage in public eye. If your music is shit, you shouldn't be embarrassed when people call it shit. Ya some people will dislike it and you learn to ignore it, but when you bastardize an industry like she has then yes, all people have the right to ridicule that work of art. I know this all too well from personal experience playing college basketball.
You think that she's bastardised the music industry because her parents PAID MONEY to have a small production company record a music video then put it on youtube?

How does that have anything to do with the music industry? If a record company had released that song it would be at least part justified to be up-in-arms about it, but it's a 13 year old putting a song she wrote on youtube. A CHILD. The fact that the song is bad is irrelevant.
Now forgive me if I'm wrong for I'm not omnipotent as I like to think I am. I'm rather sure that the girl has little to no direction of the song and music video. If this was some homemade video then by all means I wouldn't mind it. But this just goes to show how our culture is bastardizing the music industry and young girls as well. The Olsen twins? Brittney Spears? Kei$ha? Lady GaGa?
It is a homemade video. There is no comparison between Rebecca Black and those others you mentioned.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
SeaMonster1776 said:
Apparently she realized if she let this go one she wouldn't be able to go anywhere without being laughed at.
Apparently you just pulled that out of your ass.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rebecca-black-friday-removed-from-youtube_1226467

Part of a legal dispute between her and the production company shisters.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Trezu said:
Im Glad that it's not there

i had people send me Spam about this

'Go to Friday and Post something bad about it'
Is that what kids are doing these days? Shall I read a book, or shall I try and persuade people to go and write a negative comment on some stranger's music video? I mean Jeez.