Recommend One Album

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
For utterly epic music:
Muse-Absolution.
Every single song is just incredibly awesome and epic.
For music that's still epic but can be played in the background:
Explosions in the sky-All of a sudden I miss everyone.
Explosions are just instrumental by the by, but it's totally epic.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
Rammstein - Libe Ist Für Alle Da
Deadmau5 - For Lack of A Better Name
Sabaton - Coat of Arms
Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R

I love them all!

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
The Posion - bullet for my valentine - Metal/rock
Pendulum - hold your colour - Drum and bass
And someone already said avenged sevenfold and to that i say... NICE ONE!

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
For happy, fun music, with a fair amount (I could be wrong) of Jazz mixed in, I would say:

The Cat Empire - Two Shoes

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
That One Six said:

Or anything by Rush, really.
The one I'd recommend people should listen to is...

Just for the title track alone, any budding rock fan should have this in their collection.

As for an album that most people haven't listened to, try out this one:

This album made me love Steely Dan and all other forms of that variant of rock. If you feel like trying out something different, go for this one.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009

Sigur Rós - "( )"

I don't care what anyone says, this is the most beautiful album ever made.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009

Lo-Fi Alternative.

I know men who cry when they listen to this album, it's that good.

EDIT: No italics in spoiler bars? baaaaw

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
"Stories of Survival" - Authority Zero

It made me really happy because they have been one of my favorite bands for the past 7 years and I didn't know they had a new CD coming out...

0z0wen said:
Rise Against: Appeal to Reason just because it is probably their best album just listen to 'entertainment' or 'savior' by Rise Against
I disagree. Revolutions Per Minute was their best, Siren was still pretty good, except for that trash Swing Life Away. Then Sufferer was just horrible because they started to sell out... Appeal to Reason is pretty good, still, but not the best.

cthulhu257

Jul 24, 2008
Tonight: Franz Ferdinand. A bunch of songs all about going out drinking and partying somewhere in Scotland.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
dfphetteplace said:
Opeth's Damnation
Opeth is so ridiculously epic.

I'd have to recommend Planet of Ice by Minus the Bear as an album anyone could really enjoy. It's indie-esque really laid back music

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
MortalForNow said:
That One Six said:

Or anything by Rush, really.
The one I'd recommend people should listen to is...

Just for the title track alone, any budding rock fan should have this in their collection.
Damn you both for stealing my Rush :)

I'll go with this one also:

The band that took over where Dream Theater left off. Great for any old-school Dream Theater fans who feel they "lost their way" at the turn of the century.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
Check my avatar. Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory by Dream Theater. Sit down and listen to the whole thing at once, you won't regret it.
Lerxst said:

The band that took over where Dream Theater left off. Great for any old-school Dream Theater fans who feel they "lost their way" at the turn of the century.
To be honest, while Symphony X are a good band and are all progressive and what not, I just can't get into their music. I've heard a lot of their songs and just can't enjoy them the same way I enjoy Dream Theater.

While I do agree that Dream Theater did 'change' at the turn of the century, I still love Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Train of Thought (listening to it now in fact) and Octavarium. Systematic Chaos is rather eh to me but Black Clouds & Silver Linings is pretty good (The Count of Tuscany is the first Dream Theater song I remember hearing).

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
EClaris said:

Lo-Fi Alternative.

I know men who cry when they listen to this album, it's that good.

EDIT: No italics in spoiler bars? baaaaw
Never heard of it.

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
http://img11.nnm.ru/3/5/9/b/8/359b8907ed50186d0cb78136b8bf3877_full.jpg

It's by Sabrepulse. Genre is technochip. Since everyone was giving (admittedly good) more well-known recommendations, I thought you could use something a bit more obscure.

<spoiler=Mutant Sixty Four><youtube=gEodtgem-_I>

Salty Weasel

Mar 2, 2010
Man these threads always fill up quickly. I recommend The Grand Chessboard by Black Lung. Nothing quite like some Australian Rhythmic Noise: