Recurring themes in your dreams

AnthonTheSkabot

Jun 22, 2010
Gritting my teeth, a small quasi-suburban (but not quite) cul-de-sac and bus rides. I'm not quite sure why bus rides continue to come about, nor the cul-de-sac, but I do, indeed, think I know why gritting my teeth comes about; I'm gritting my teeth in my sleep and it's somehow getting into my dreams.

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
deserteagleeye said:
Usually it's my teachers crucifying me for not doing my work.
You know what I imagined is that you essentially became the jesus of homework. Even though your dream didn't let you see it shortly after your crucifixion you then became a martyr and a small group of witnesses told the story of your sacrifice for the lazies of this world and eventually led to a golden age of no homework. Which would be beautiful.

Daftmau5

Apr 6, 2011
Does "lack of any dreams" count as a recurring theme?
Seriously, I haven't had a dream/nightmare in almost a year now. Should I be worried or should I enjoy the swift transition from night to morning?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
I dont actually ever remember my dreams. But the last one I do remember had something to do with people dying in some way. The one before that was me being chased by some sword wielding guy on horse back. These were like 4 years apart and the closer one was like 5-6 months ago. I kind of want to remember my dreams.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Fear and helplessness.

Being pursued by or confronted with shadowy entities who I know mean me harm and who cannot be escaped.

I rarely remember my dreams. When I do, it's usually something cheerful like that.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Daftmau5 said:
Seriously, I haven't had a dream/nightmare in almost a year now. Should I be worried or should I enjoy the swift transition from night to morning?
same boat dude. My above post lists the dreams I do remember. I tend to actually remember my dreams well because I don't have them often lol.

If I remember correctly if you wake up in the middle of the dream you'll remember it but if it goes all the way through you'll not remember it when you wake up. Otherwise your brain will be overloaded since people have like 5-8 dreams a night or something like that. (I am trying to remember from my psych 101 class that was 2 years ago)

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Lately I've been dreaming of nukes. For some reason I'm always doing something normal or routine and off in the distance I'll see a flash and then consign to my inevitable death, though I'm never asleep long enough to feel it hit. Usually in an unusual scenario too, like driving a car I don't have with a friend I've never met.

Daftmau5

Apr 6, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
Daftmau5 said:
same boat dude. My above post lists the dreams I do remember. I tend to actually remember my dreams well because I don't have them often lol.

If I remember correctly if you wake up in the middle of the dream you'll remember it but if it goes all the way through you'll not remember it when you wake up. Otherwise your brain will be overloaded since people have like 5-8 dreams a night or something like that. (I am trying to remember from my psych 101 class that was 2 years ago)
The only dream I remember clearly is that one time I was eaten by a crocodile. That dream was from 9 years ago.
All the others I somewhat recall were a blur.

So what you're saying is, my dreams are all so pleasant/normal, that I don't wake up from them and therefore can't remember them?
Fuck.

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
Low gravity or some other sort of modified physics, such as frictionless objects used to skate on. I love the feeling of just jumping across a busy street.

One thing I hate that's been happening recently is that I see or hear or do something that I know I already have seen/heard/done before, or I have some certain knowledge of something. When I wake up I usually spend hours to think about where I got that, only to realize I've never known such a thing in real life before. It was all in the dream.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
There's a recurring dream I've got, where I am quite literally walking on the ocean, and I'll look down and I'll see the fish and coral and there will be sharks, swarming around my feet and bumping against me, and I'll pet them and that's pretty much it.

I've also been dreaming about owls a lot lately, which led to one particularly odd dream where I'm having some sort of out of body experience, where I can see myself laying in bed, and suddenly I see an owl-shaped shadow swoop over me, and even though I'm out-of-body I could feel its wing-feathers brush my cheek, and then I woke up.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Rin Little said:
This came to me a few nights ago when I had a dream about confronting my ex. For some reason I can't quite remember, my gums started to get really swollen and my teeth fell out. My teeth falling out seems to be a running theme if I'm having a particularly stressful dream. Doesn't necessarily have to be a nightmare, just stressful. Anyone else have recurring themes like this when you have a certain type of dream?
Oddly enough, ive had near the exact same dream. I dont remember gums hurting, but ive dreamt plenty of times when i run my tongue over my teeth and suddenly one feels loose. I check it and then it falls out, before long more and more teeth follow suit. I generally wake up once my teeth have filled my hands and I really start loosing my shit. I wake up with the very vivid memory of the taste and feel myself a bit shaken.

Being semi-fresh out of college (graduated last winter) Ive been trying to find a job for the past few months, which has caused me to be stressed and depressed. Luckily i started working again and those dreams stopped, for now.

Ive also had Zombie dreams. Those dont bother me quite as much. I know if/when Z-day happens ill be ready for survival. Most dreams typically involve some sort of conflict or fighting. Sometimes I wake up with "memories" covering about 50-60 years worth of time in medieval type settings.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
A girl I was with occasionally shows up in my dreams.

Also, floating eyeballs for some reason. I remember throwing one into a car and waking up in a rehabilitation center... Then I woke up for real in real life. I was weirded out.

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
I'm always lucid, and it's quite bothersome at times, because I can't change the scenery, or the occurrences, but I'm still very aware that I'm dreaming.

I once tested to fall asleep while dreaming, cause I was falling and couldn't fly (see lower part of post for explanation) just to see what would happened. here's what happened...

1. It worked(!)
2. The dream scenario changed.
3. I was happier in my new dream.

Other than that... Flying. No matter what, I can always fly, well at least once I learned the trick to it.

I almost always remember my dreams, and keeping a journal helps greatly.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
My dream are usually different types of adventure games, this seems to happen frequently. When I was younger, I remember running away from zombified simpson characters, a few weeks ago was Minecraft like adventure game.
[sub][sub]Oh yeah, and me nailin a guy, but thats not so often.[/sub][/sub]