Remove one game from existence

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Final Fantasy 2. So there will only be one. That way the title, at last, makes some fucking sense.

In all seriousness, no game deserves to be "erased from existence". Because even if a vast majority of people didn't like a certain game, I guarantee that SOMEBODY, somewhere, enjoyed it. And who are we to deprive somebody else of enjoyment, honestly?

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
Final Fantasy 8 oooh can't you just see it so much Squall cosplay gone from the world and internet it would be so..... beautiful.

Brogan Cordova

Jul 29, 2012
Takes me about 2 seconds to throw Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess under the bus. Just utterly ruined storytelling in Zelda by making it the least important part of the franchise. It contributed nothing to the franchise.

Exploring two parallel worlds? Zelda's done it before, done it better (OOT, LttP). Wolf Form? Majora's Mask did it waaaay better by making the forms essential and integrated into the world. Large, open world? Nothing in it.

And how bout the villain? Wait, who was the villain? Wasn't Zant. You get to him and realize nooo, Zant's a crazy person. The real villain is Ganondorf, shoved in the game at the last minute becuz hes teh aw3s0m3 Zelda villain. Except everything that was happening in the game with the twilight realm and Midna was building Zant up as the villain.

The two things it did okay were the dungeons and Midna. And Midna is not that astoundingly well-written. Her story's only new and original to the Zelda franchise. She actually makes the other characters look worse when you compare how they're written. Link's only purpose is to be Midna's slave, like Lydia from Skyrim. Zelda's got the personality of a cardboard cutout. And.....well, we already talked about the villain.

Useless. Worthless. It will not be missed because it's nothing of substance and the more my fellow Zelda fans love it and say it's one of the best in the series, the more I hate it.

Lars

Jun 4, 2012
Well, if I could remove a game from existence. No questions asked and no wrong done. I'd kill WoW.

This game is the most harmful thing to have happened in the gaming genre. It butchered the lore of Warcraft and turned millions of people into mindless husks. WoW isn't a game. It's a place you meet up and grind indefinetly. I think people can do better than this, regardless if they like it or not. Might as well just remove the game from existance. Also, dumb corporate people always try force game-makers to make their MMO like WoW instead of creating something original. Too much money is wasted into projects that can't compete with WoW, and because of it, those studios get closed down shortly after. Why can't game companies just focus on making good managable games? Start out small and then build up the player base? Actually, maybe that's what newer companies get for being stupid in the first place.

Ah well. Guess it's a good thing WoW exists. Survival for the fittest and all that.

It's not like my friends play that dumb game to begin with so what do I really care anyway?

So I guess I wouldn't remove any game. :p

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Final Fantasy XII. Now it's not the worst one, but after playing it I was convinced that the series, experimental as it is, should more or less be a series of traditional JRPGs. What made the best age of the series great was experimentation with the kinds of stories being told, as well as experimentation with system mechanics within a given, somewhat strict systematic framework.

Think of it this way: the difference between any of the games between Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy X was like the difference between the different Street Fighter series. The difference between XII and XIII is like the difference between Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Samurai Showdown V Special.

That said, I wouldn't want it to be as strict as it is with the Dragon Quest games. That's like the difference between Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Street Fighter II: Champion Edition.

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
AgentLampshade said:
DmC: Devil May Cry. I don't care if it ends up a good game, that'll only make me wish it didn't exist even more. I want Devil May Cry 5 dammit, they can't just up and leave Nero unexplained.
Towards this goal, I would remove God of War, thus stopping the original Devil May Cry series from having any competition from those clones and securing the rest of the series' success.

Who knows, it may even have a knock-on effect to stop Dantes Inferno from ever happening?

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Dragon Age 2. Seriously, the character retconning, the lore shattering... it's all disgusting and should die. Better combat from the mage's perspective ONLY does not make up for all the crap they made us swallow along with it. No, wipe this crap off the face of the earth and give us a true sequel with real Darkspawn, not those gumby-like atrocities. Give us a sequel where something or someone who was from the first game still ACTUALLY LOOKS AND ACTS LIKE THEY DID BEFORE.

*deep breaths* Nope, not gonna get my rage on right before work. Nope nope nope. *sigh* After reading David Gaider's books (Interesting stories kinda poorly executed, felt more like fanfiction that a novel) it's even more astounding how much they changed the darkspawn.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Call of Duty 4, not because it is in itself a bad game, but because it has been the inspiration behind the engine killing gaming.

DanteLives

Sep 1, 2011
Dynasty Warriors 6.

God damn that game was horrible. It almost killed the entire franchise.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
NiGHTS into Dreams, because then Yuji Naka wouldn't have had a ***** fit in the Saturn era over the cancelled sonic game using his engine and Sega might well still be making hardware.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Frogger: the great quest: I will never be in pain again.

Or Bubsy...FUCK BUBSY.

However, I pick Sonic 2006...I'm giving you this one-time chance to fix this game, Sega. This one fucking chance. Keep the origina ideas for it, and we will be even.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Doom or Wow. Both were good innovative games that deserve praise, but they have inspired so much rubbish that the world might have been better off without them.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Could it be DmC or Other M? Now that i think about it, i would say Half Life episodes since we couldn't get any meaty Half Life sequal because of them.

Filipe Mesquita

Apr 23, 2012
i'd say wow for stupidly selfish reasons. i hate that kind of game, and i hate every clone it spanned. even more than i hate CoD.