Report: Effects of Gaming Worse Than "Smoking on Lung Cancer"

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Wait, I thought we proved that videogames arent unhealthy? Are videogames giving us lung cancer now?

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Great, so not only am I probably going to die of lung cancer, but I've got to worry about living the rest of my life as an abnormally violent person, cause videogames rewired my brain? Do these guys actually pay attention to what they say? They sound like lunatics!

klakkat

May 24, 2008
More sensationalist crap from people who don't know what they're talking about, but figure if they say it loudly enough they'll be famous and a lot of people won't bother checking that they have no facts whatsoever. I seriously wish this kind of thing was only limited to anti-gaming propagandists; I could at least respect the world then.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Jaredin said:
Seems like all of Australia media outlets are in Atkinsons pocket...

...well, at least less likely to die of gaming than cancer!!
GoodGame is alright.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
*headdesk* I'm not sure there's much else to say, really...

You'd think they were *trying* to get every gamer to go nuts and become a terrorist, considering the amound of time an energy they invest in putting the idea out there... =S

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
It's true that if you show someone who's played Ninja Gaiden 2 a picture of a corpse they'll be less effected by it, but I bet if you beat a puppy to death in front of them they'd react differently. There's a big difference between fantasy violence and actual violence

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
You know, I was expecting shit like this from Channel 7 or 9, but Ten? The guys that sell primarily to the teen/young adult medium? Geez, that was a dumb move.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Don't worry folks, old people die. Their ideas die with them. People used to think Dungeons and Dragons would turn children into psychopaths and murderers. Before that it was comic books. Before that it was Rock and Roll. Every generation will have a moral panic over youth culture, and we will never learn from it. When we're in our 60s some of our peers will look at something young people enjoy and claim that it will corrupt the youth of America (or Australia, I guess).

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
"In Modern Warfare: Call of Duty 2, the highest selling media product of all time, gamers plot terror attacks against civilians."

Seriously? Plotting terror attacks against civilians?
I don't remember doing that.
Why don't these jerks at least play the damn game before commenting on it.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Aww damn, I was playing Ace Combat and tried to fly my car full of missiles off a bridge. Damn.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Man, I thought this post was going to be about gamers getting lung cancer from playing too many video games. Instead I got this. I think that shows just how confused these people are.

These particular Australians need to get the didgeridoos out of their asses.

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
australia reminds me of those old men waving their fist at kids yelling at them to get off their lawn.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Does anyone remember what a so-called "expert" said about Mass Effect 1?

I actually read their "report" and not one of their "studies" had a cited source.

Machiavellian007

Mar 2, 2010
There are moments when I wonder about my country. Unfortunately, those moments are coming too bloody often now.
As soon as finish school, I swear I am fleeing to Japan or England or France or, hell, America!
*epic facepalm*