Report: Effects of Gaming Worse Than "Smoking on Lung Cancer"

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
Well come one guys, they've got a point. I mean, someone did leave a menacing note under Michael Atkinsons door at 2 o'clock in the morning. Not even bikers leave notes that late.

And whats more, it's believed that this phantom note-writer belonged to the gaming community.

Sounds like some pretty conclusive evidence to me.

LordLink

Jul 20, 2009
I wish we could go back to the 50's utopia these guys all want us to live in. Then I could beat up my wife for entertainment rather than have to settle for video games.

Seriously though this kind of thing affects bugger all. L4D2 got jerked around a bit but all the little kiddies are at least allowed to play Alien v Predator instead, much less violent.
Lack of an R18+ rating just gets games knocked down to 15+ instead so in the end the gamers win.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
If this is the case, why haven't we descended into anarchy and rebellion by murdering everyone within our neighborhood? Movies, TV, and several other media facets could contribute to this too (as well as shitty parenting) and they don't seem to bring up those factors at all, do they?

Just so long as they don't try the "Kill Your Family" game, we should be fine. ^_~

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
faceless chick said:

science owns us all.

Had to make a joke on that.

On topic:

Please note that it was an Australian news report. I haven't struck somebody with intent to harm since I was 8. That was half my life ago, back then I played (at the most violent) Combat Flight Simulator, Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires II.

Besides, there's just as much violence in the general media.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Ugh, damn it. Why do allow people like this to continue to live, I know they banished the insane and the criminal to Australia, but the ancestors of these guys just should've been taken care of then and there in England.

Corkydog

Aug 16, 2009
Damn, I just was playing Bioshock. Guess I won't be able to tell Rapture from the real world, so my aquarium's bout to be blown to hell.

Seriously though, what is sadder, that these people actually believe this stuff, or that our own culture and media report on it like it's actually news. It's not. It's a bunch of crazies complaining to no one that technology is corrupting our souls. Big woop.

Mar451

Nov 25, 2009
This report is stupid, jut because you play something dosnt mean its going to happen, just because i shoot zombies in Left 4 Dead dosnt mean im going to go postal. IN Stephen King's IT an 8 year old gets his arm ripped off, but you don't see any reports about how Stephen King wants to do that.

Reports like these are just an excuse for people to make it look like they are doing a good job when really they just need to be fucking parents

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Yes, because the guys on the streets play a game of call of duty inside there dilapidated shacks before going for a night on the town beating the unfortunate...

That is just a fail when it comes to common sense, and is just another way that the media are scapegoating games.

Actually, funny side note. I know more people who are more aggressive than standard folk despite not playing games, just because it is deemed too nerdy to do. In fact, personally, i found that a few hours of DEAD RISING was good enough to calm me down after a very bad week...

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
You know, that's really interesting because violent crimes in the U.S. have been in gradual decline. Unless the F.B.I. website has been lying out of it's ass.

Singletap

Feb 25, 2010
There will always be dumb people but rather than bark at the bad cheer for the good right? Heh sorry I am just in a weird type of mood. Keep posting what these dumb people have to say it gives us a reason to pick on them.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
It makes me sad to think that there are some people who will actually take this seriously.

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
Ok i know he was only talking about the connection of smoking and lung cancer, but it still doesnt change the fact that games are being indirectly related to cancer. So here lets have some

FUN FACTS:

lung cancer deaths estimate: 1.3 million year; since 1980 (pac-man released): 39 million deaths

videogame deaths since 1980: a lot of speculation but around 6 confirmed

Seriously guys we are 38,999,994 deaths behind we gotta pick up the pace.