Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Really? Las Plagas? You haven't even been trying to follow the RE storyline, why start (even remotely) now. Also how are they going to work that in? Umbrella thought killing off the world?s population wasn't a good enough biohazard so the continued working on killing everyone more effectively. That made way more sense in the games where they . . . well you know didn't kill 99% (rough estimate) of the world's population. (Yes I know there were fast zombies in RE: Extinction but even the other scientists? thought he was crazy.)

In any case I will probably see it anyway. I liked the first one and I didn't hate the second one. I don't want to talk about the third one but I stopped watch them for the story after the first one anyways. Yea stupid fun and action sequences.

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
anthony87 said:
Why the hell have they got Las Plagas in the movies now?
Because FINALLY they are including the Viruses/Parasites from Resident Evil 4 and 5.

Oh. And Albert Wesker's probably in this. He is an extremely sexy man.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
ThatTallGuy said:
Oh boy. It's Resident Evil + Matrix + Corny 3D stuff flying at the camera shots. I can barely contain my excitement. /no really.
fix'd

serious i HATE the games, yet LOVE the movies (oddly enough re4 is my 5th favorite game , but no surprise there considering the changes)

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
1st one was decent.
2nd one was blah.
3rd one was shite.

I hope this doesn't follow the trend ¬¬

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
so... it's... RE5 the movie? cause there was stuff that was almost copy pasted from the game in that trailor

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Resident Evil: Aeon Flux?

I think the series has become self-aware at this point.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Black Leather ANYTHING stopped being cool five minutes before the original The Matrix was released

I am so damn sick of monochrome

I want some COLOUR (But not Burton, that is beginning to grate with me)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
*facedesk*

Dear god.

Let me go ahead and set a few things straight. I actually liked the first movie. Not very much, mind you, but considering I was ready to hate it with a passion, it was a pleasant surprise.

I couldn't stand Apocalypse.

I found Extinction to be surprisingly good. It wasn't a very good movie, but I liked it nonetheless.

This looks horrible. This really does look like a Matrix/ Resident Evil 4 clusterfuck where nothing works right and everything is sticky. Then again, I expected each of the other three movies to suck, and I was wrong 66.66% of the time. Maybe this will make it 75%. But I doubt it.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
Hell yes, I know it got incomprehensibly out there, but i still love the films, can't wait XD

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Interesting idea. I thought RE was loosely about zombies? Wesker shows up, so that's...interesting, I suppose. But since it's called 'Afterlife', can we assume that they're dueling in hell, or something?

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

The trailer for the new Resident Evil movie was released yesterday, and surprisingly, it doesn't look all that bad.
Nah it's still look horrible... as long as Alice is in thouse Movie there is no hope they will be good

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
ciortas1 said:
Capcom are not moviemakers. In fact, if Capcom actually tried to make that movie, it would be twice as bad as the Hollywood ones. Also, being completely faithful to the source material (whether it be books, comics or games) is never a good thing. All 3 of those things either have too much unnecessary things in them, too little good things in them (movie material that is), or are just cheesy as hell if you tried to transfer it to the big screen.
One world:
Degeneration

MysticnFm

Jul 8, 2009
Ugh, It still look really stupid. I guess I will check it out anyway though...

Talvrae said:
One world:
Degeneration
I enjoyed that movie immensely more than the live action ones.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Everyone has already called out the dress code as Matrix-esque, so I'll pick on the fact they're just jamming stuff from the games (especially the popular 4th and 5th RE games) into the film. i.e. the executioner, las plagas, fighting Wesker, etc...They did this a lot already with characters...

Vredesbyrd67

Apr 20, 2009
So it's basically RE5: the movie?

I find it depressing that I'm not in the least bit surprised. I counted 3 shots of scenes and elements that were ripped directly out of RE5 and 1 of the Matrix. Why is the squalid executioner guy in an urban-industrial setting? Wouldn't Umbrella use its infinite funds to buy him some nicer clothes, or at least a weapon that wasn't fashioned out of duct tape and wood? And who was that diving out a window with Alice? Please, PLEASE for the love of Christ don't say that's Chris. Or, God forbid, Leon.

On the upside it might be cool if they do a sort of zombies vs. Manjini sort of thing. As much as I hate how Capcom's been handling the series since the post-RE4 era, and as much as I fucking DESPISE Thomas Anderson for his presumption that "people don't want to see the same story from the games made into movies, [that] they want to see a new story" (his words), I cannot allow myself to deny that seeing an epic swarm fight between zombies and Manjini would be incredibly epic.

Here's why it can't be a good movie, though: the fact that it proudly uses James Cameron's 3D camera thingymajigger, so much so that it's featured prominently in the FIRST TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE THAT CAME OUT.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Vredesbyrd67 said:
So it's basically RE5: the movie?
THAT'S WHAT I SAID.... actually it literally was
rekabdarb said:
so... it's... RE5 the movie? cause there was stuff that was almost copy pasted from the game in that trailer
and judging from the trailer (since i saw ali larter... claire redfield? i think i ono her character from the 3rd) i guess it's her jumping out the window