Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
sky14kemea said:
Well there are similar monsters with big weapons in both games. You may be right! But I know my cousin has a model of it and I think it came with a Resi 4 games (Again, I don't actually know >_>)
according to this:
Capcom unity reveal that the Executioner Majini will make an appearance in Resident Evil Afterlife
So it appears I was right :D
Dun dun dun! :D So you were.

Thank goodness for that, now no one is confused >.>

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Oh great, it looks exactly like an excuse to have Milla Jovovich play Action Girl once again.

Pass.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Three words: Fuck. This. Shit.

Really, a direct adaption would probably still suck (unless done by capcom) but atleast be faithful to the source material.

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
Elesar said:
Did I see the Hammer dude from RE4 in there?
Further comments withheld.
I'm thinking the same thing.
They have the hammer guy from re4 & 5 they've got las plagas and wesker who throws his glasses which he does the same way in re5.
They been plunging into the idea trough and coming up with the same old same old.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
Looks like what would happen if you fused 28 Days Later with The Matrix and a film about ninjas.
The Matrix is a film about ninjas.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Meh, looks alright I guess. Didn't really make me that excited.

The first film I liked, the second was ok, the third was woeful and I hope this is at least better than the third.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
ad4m101 said:
did they just copy that matrix scene for a second then. oh well I haven't seen any since the 2nd, when my poor love Nemesis was killed very cheaply =/ took a rail gun in the game, helicopter in the move meh.
It looked far too much like the Matrix scene for my liking. They even managed to get the hairstyle, slo-mo, window breaky-ness the same.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
It's all fanservice. Throw some tidbits in there for the people who played the games, hope they identify with it, and turn the rest of the movie into complete bollocks that has little to do with the games like they have done with the previous installments. I can see the production meetings now:

"Let's try to think of some new monsters and infected for this movie. Anyone got any ideas?"

"Well they have these cool infected from Resident Evil 4, Las Plagas, but it wouldn't really make much sense to ha..."

"Great! That's a wrap, here's your checks!"

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I liked these movies personally and this seems to take a lot of inspiration from 5 (my favorite of the series) so I think this will be good as long as I don't have to see it in 3D.

And was that the executioner from 5 in there?

Need MOAR APPLES

Feb 5, 2010
Well we all know Wesker will be hype for the entire duration of the film just to get pimp slapped down by Alice. I'm not going to watch this movie mainly because the movies never really interested. This will go down as another meh to me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Love it, and I love how Wesker is looking up to me.

I really hope they can make this film rock. The second one so far has been my favourite, and, I would like to see if in its former glory once more!

Kingtrue

Jul 30, 2009
Some of the action scenes were good, but some of them definately should've made more sense.
Example* RE: apocalypse has an action sequence at the church where those weird jumping zombies were keeping the main group of protagonists from leaving the church.
Then, low and behold! there comes out of a 2 story church window Alice on a motorcycle, saving a group of people she had no idea were in the church.

At least film her riding off another roof or something before you spontaneously have her crashing into random buildings.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Looks good! I hope its better than the last, God that one was boring. Also, anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Well, as the only person in the world who actually really liked the first three movies, I'm excited for this one. I noticed a surprising and unsettling lack of zombies, though...
Actually, I'm the second peron in the world. And I agree with your comment. Though to be honest, I really wish that Afterlife was bringing back Jill Valentine. Milla is great, and so is Ali Larter, but Sienna Guillory beats both of them in terms of hotness and kickassness (not taking Alice's psychic powers into account from Extinction...). Plus, I loved the setting for Apocalypse, Raccoon City really made that film, so I wish they'd return to that sort of setting too.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to the release of Afterlife :D. The trick is to see the films as being completely seperate to the games. Comparing seperate continuities of things to their source material (when they are actually meant to be different), always disappoints, yet sadly people always do it and refuse to give things like this a fair chance... :(

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Did anyone else notice Pyramid Head in there? I personally enjoyed the first two because they used the game material and worked with that. The third one went completely loopy and this one looks just god awful. I would like to see game tie-in movies, not this unoriginal tripe.