Resident Evil Showcase

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not a fan of the franchise, but figured someone here might want to know this, actress Jeanette Maus has passed away.
That sucks. Just goes to show that COVID effects everyone and is not going to "disappear", because it's a new year. Leon's original voice actor passed away last year, but it was not due to COVID.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pat breaks down the reason Capcom keeps making these bad multiplayer spin-offs/modes to Resident Evil. I have it time stamped at 7:50.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Pat breaks down the reason Capcom keeps making these bad multiplayer spin-offs/modes to Resident Evil. I have it time stamped at 7:50.

You’d think that after they see for the nth time how few people give a shit about that crap they say fuggedaboudit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I can certainly get there being internal division in Capcom as to what "true" Resident Evil is, but as they highlight, how does "Resident Evil is an online game" factor into that?

By extension, if Capcom is pretending to not know what Outbreak was, then I have no idea what the hell they're smoking.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
how does "Resident Evil is an online game" factor into that?
I do not know, but a few idiots a Capcom believe RE is and always was an online game. They must love love gaslighting themselves and everyone around them. FTR, Pat got his source from asking a Capcom USA employee a few years back. It's mentioned a few minutes before the time stamp.

By extension, if Capcom is pretending to not know what Outbreak was, then I have no idea what the hell they're smoking.
Idiocy. Which is weird, because Remake 2 & 3 have a few name drops of characters in documents that are from the Outbreak games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've been in conversation with someone on FFN over an extended period of time on the issue. Rightly or wrongly, he voiced the opinion that Capcom's shifted the RE series to be an anthology horror - RE7 is Texas, sorry, Louisiana Chainsaw Massacre, RE8 is now the IP's take on the vampire mythos.
Now that I think about it; let's do a rundown of the series inspirations:

• RE1 is Night of the Living Dead with elements of Jurassic Park (The Hunters are basically Raptors), Jaws, The Fly, and Little Shop of Horrors.
  • RE2 & 3 is Dawn of the Dead; especially 3. 3 is that combined with Terminator.
  • Code Veronica is RE1 near the end, but not as interesting combined Parasite Eve. Alexia Ashford is a copy of Eve.
  • RE4 is The Thing combined with The Wickerman.
  • RE5 is Black Hawk Down combined with the Constant Gardner added with parasitic zombies.
  • RE6 is Resident Evil: Michael Bay Edition! Featuring Explosions From Michael Bay!
  • RE7 is Texas Chainsaw combined with Condemned: Criminal Origins combined Clock Tower combined with F.E.A.R.
  • Not A Hero DLC is just RE5/6 Chris, but you're in first person instead of third person.
  • End of Zoe DLC is Punch Out meets Final Fight.
  • RE8 is Dracula/Carmilla combined with Resident Evil 4 and Bloodborne.
  • Revelations 1 and Dead Aim are Capcom's answer to Cold Fear. Ironic, because Cold Fear did not come until after RE4 and was a clone of the latter. Dead Aim came out in 2002. Dead Aim was also another proto-RE4 when you think about it. Rev 1 fits the Capcom take on Cold Fear. The only difference being you're on a cruise ship instead of Russian whaler.
  • Revelations 2 is Saw and Evil Within.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The thing I'm curious about, is, like, is she almost 10 feet tall BECAUSE of the vampirism? Or was she like, some "ancient world" giantess, like from Norse mythology or whatnot, who was turned centuries ago, and so she was just huge? If it's the vampirism, then why aren't the other ladies super tall? Is it a vampiric age thing? Like, she's that tall because she's centuries old? Does that mean she will keep getting taller as the time marches on? So we'll eventually have a giant, 50 ft tall vampire mommy running about kinking everyone?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Looks neat, has one of my gun pet peeves though. Where you chamber another shell after reloading a shotgun and thus eject a perfectly good shell that would already have been at the ready since you automatically pump after firing.