Resistance 3 and New Ratchet & Clank Announced Together

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
As a former Ratchet & Clank fan (yes, Up Your Arsenal was it's prime; I also may have outgrown, at least, the target audience) who no longer looks forward to it's continuation (so now you're teaming up with Nefarious... yay? -reminiscent of a certain over-the-hill Crash series if I do say so), I do have one question. So, since the second game, the titles have been such:
Going Commando                  (I can't help but comment, best singleplayer, but lacks the complete win that is Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer)
Up Your Arsenal                     (Nice one, name wise)
Deadlocked                            (I was guessing this one wasn't included continuity, weak singleplayer and unbalanced multiplayer killed it)
Futures: Tools of Destruction (har)
Futures: Quest for Booty        (not bad)
Futures: A Crack in Time        (kinda juvenile, but possibly still tongue-in-cheek)
All 4 One                                (Um... No T rating = no tongue-in-cheek jokes? I suppose all that was available was 4 play >.> <.< )

Haha, and yes I too old to worry about the titles, it's just a shame that Futures brought lesser gameplay along with it's lower rating (T to E10).

Edit: Ninja'd by Chase, *ahem* "family friendly"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Never played any of the R&C games (yes, I know. Sorry), but I'm looking forward to Resistance 3. The second one was a bit of a let down to say the least. I'm a little surprised there are still working trains in the United States. And ever more surprised people are dumb enough to get on one. Kind of screams "Hey Chimera, we're over here! Come get us!" NOT surprised that the train gets overrun the moment it goes into a dark tunnel.

It says to "excise any information" from the trailer, so I'm going to say (and hope) that since there are so many people in trailer, they are bringing back campaign co-op. Online. Awesomeness. That is all.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Chase Yojimbo said:
... Is it me or does Ratchet and Clank look... gay?
As opposed to... manly? Ratchet is no space marine, we all know that.

Speaking of Nefarious... he's just so popular with the fans, i suppose. As for in-story justification - he probably did something incredibly stupid, so profoundly retarded that even he wants to fix it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
*SPOILER*

Well seeing as though nathan Hale has apparently become Chimera at the end of R2, I think those characters in the train are the new characters, who meet up with Capelli at some point.
Or maybe Resisitance 3 is a midquel between 1 and 2 and explains the beginning of the Chimeran invasion of America? Who knows. Although did anyone else think that giant spider in the trailer was a new enemy? I don't think it is a widowmaker because it seemed like a different colour and shape.

As for the new Ratchet and Clank, HELL YEAH! There hasn't been a R&C game yet that I havn't liked, and the new Co-OP should be fun. Just one things confuses me..Nefarious, is he good now???
Also for all those people who complain about R&C being too childish, it's nice to have a friendly game thats also a shooter once in a while with some nice old jokes that aren't interrupted constantly by "We're Oscar Mike" and "Danger close!!!". I'm looking forward to All 4 One. Smart title too.

As for Spyro, I shall light another candle to remmeber it's passing and continued destruction by douche bag developers who want to "re-do" the series by taking all the characters and settings from the originals and making your own half assed Tolkienesque story about fighting the dark lord and having to listen to Frodo whine all the time about how he's scared to fight. I don't even know why the bother to put "Spyro" in the game, they might as well just rename him because he's changed so much.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh, sweet Resistence 3...I just hope they got back to the old formula with multiplayer in the first game...that was the best fun I had n an FPS for sure in a long time

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
I'm suprised to see Dr Nefarious working with the good guys. The co-op thing is a gamble, but making another standard R&C game would be a greater risk of the series going stale. As for Resistance 3, I'll be more interested when plot/gameplay details emerge.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
wait... didn't nefarious get beheaded and... well... die?
also, QUARK IS TOO FAT! you can't see any of the other characters behind his MASSIVE flab :p

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I'm loving that masters of war cover in the Resistance 3 trailer, I wonder if that's a real cover..... To Google!

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
Fenolio said:
CURSE YOU INSOMNIAC FOR MAKING RATCHET AND CLANK PS3 EXCLUSIVE!
CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

;_; If kingdom hearts 3 comes out on ps3 i'll cave and buy one. BUT NOTHING LESS WILL SUFFICE!
Square don't seem to think there's enough want for any major console kingdom hearts.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I've been a fan of R&C since it came out, but this new one has me a bit... hesitant.

As for Resistance 3; I played the first one, which was good fun. Still haven't played the second one yet, but I'm planning on buying it soon.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
N...naaa, can't say I'm particularly excited by this at all. Don't get me wrong, I love R&C, but I think they've taken all they possibly can out of the franchise. I applaud them for adding co-op to freshen it up a bit, but... wait a minute, no I don't. Not at all. Please leave R&C be. Crack in Time is the high note it should have been left on. Nothing else can do anything more for the series.

Hell, I might buy it. It is R&C after all. But it just doesn't have the same spark as I used to find in it. That, and I'm the only one of my friends with a PS3 :(

Another Resistance title is neither here nor there to me.

Kollega said:
Zero_ctrl said:
Since Insomniac is now multiplatform, which is coming to the XBox 360?
Both?
Unfortunately for us, not either... they're making a brand-new IP for EA Partners.
This is what I'm interested in. A whole new potential franchise to explore. Here's hoping for an announcement soon.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
starwarsgeek said:
Must...get...PS3!
GET IT NOW!!!

the games are only getting better and better and now with Valve on our side we are unstoppable!!!!

(plus some of the older PS3 exclusives are awesome)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Why does every series seem to think it needs 4 player Co-Op!? I love the R&C series and have played all of the games, but this looks so stupid to me. The lack of camera control will easily get annoying, the fact you have to worry about other players messing up the platforming sections will get annoying, and really? Have Quark, who's always been a nearly worthless character (in terms of abilities that is) suddenly running around with them and able to keep up? Urg...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I was never a huge Resistance fan, but they were ok. That trailer is pretty damn cool methinks, as a teaser trailer I forgive it for not having gameplay footage.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I'll be fucking damned if someone somewhere isn't mistakenly sqealing about a Resistance movie from watching that trailer.

Seriously, I reckon Ratchet and Clank will be fun, but this is the first time I've actually been interested in Resistance, so tickle me intrigued.

It kinda looks like Left 4 Dead x Resistance amiright?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
Never played any of the R&C games (yes, I know. Sorry), but I'm looking forward to Resistance 3. The second one was a bit of a let down to say the least. I'm a little surprised there are still working trains in the United States. And ever more surprised people are dumb enough to get on one. Kind of screams "Hey Chimera, we're over here! Come get us!" NOT surprised that the train gets overrun the moment it goes into a dark tunnel.

It says to "excise any information" from the trailer, so I'm going to say (and hope) that since there are so many people in trailer, they are bringing back campaign co-op. Online. Awesomeness. That is all.
I used to play resistance: fall of man at my friends house (we completed it on the hardest difficulty) and the series is the one most tempting me to get a ps3 but I noticed that only about a 1/10 of the chimeras had the thing on there back to help them cool down and I think this suggests that the chimera are running out of resources and need to stay in cool places like dark tunnels so that's why people feel more comfortable walking in the scourging sun because they now that majority of the chimeras will die if they try to attack him due to over heating. I know that majority of this info is from the first game and that they might have been able to solve the over heating problem but that's why the flamethrower was so lethal in the first game they die of over heating. I just have the question how will they fit a widow maker into that tunnel so that the widow maker can still move.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Games like the new Ratchet and Clank that they showed there.....SUCK. No sale.

However R3 looks great!!!!

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Dr.susse said:
I'm loving that masters of war cover in the Resistance 3 trailer, I wonder if that's a real cover..... To Google!
Did you find it? I did some research (and by research i mean looking through pages of youtube comments) and someone mentioned that its a cover by the 'Staple singers'. I googled it and couldnt find anything...

:| any luck on your side?