Resistance 3 and New Ratchet & Clank Announced Together

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I never played R&C, but this one just looks poor. After reading some of the comments, it sounds like some of my "feelings" about it were right though, in that it was going more "serious" in some ways for the later games. That just doesn't fit right in my eyes.

Resistance 3 on the other hand, WOW!!! That trailer was incredible! I could actually see a movie like that, it was just so cool! I haven't played R2, but R1 so far has not failed to impress.

Treblaine said:
[snip]
GOD DAMN YOU SONY!

I don't have enough money or time for all these games! 2011 is so packed with PS3 exclusives:

-Resistance 3
-Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
-Killzone 3
-Infamous 2
-Motorstorm Apocalypse
-Twisted Metal
-(Agent)
-(Uncharted 3)

And I bought an Xbox 360 last year... and it's has delivered dick all compared to my PS3 that's been delivering since launch. Oh why did I ever think the grass was greener on the other side?

I mean since then I'd had a Halo 3 Mission-pack (ODST) and soon a Halo Prequel (Reach)... oh and Gears 3 next year, this is pitiful. I am really pissed at Microsoft, especially with their utter lack of 1st party development and their shameful pushing of this Kinect ridiculousness.

I'd rather buy a Wii (for same price as Kinect peripheral) if I wanted motion gaming! Nintendo certainly seems to do it a hell of a lot better.
I feel for you, I was lucky enough to do the reverse: I got a PS3 for Christmas after having a 360 for several years. I'm still catching up with games, it's too much! I don't think I could have timed it better either considering the problem you mentioned about Microsoft.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
The Austin said:
Oh God, I really hope they don't fuck Ratchet and Clank up.

I don't want a repeat of Spyro.......
The first 3 Spyro games were by Insomniac, those were the best one's. As long as it's Insomniac developing the new R&C all should be good ^_^

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Treblaine said:
GOD DAMN YOU SONY!

I don't have enough money or time for all these games! 2011 is so packed with PS3 exclusives:

-Resistance 3
-Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
-Killzone 3
-Infamous 2
-Motorstorm Apocalypse
-Twisted Metal
-(Agent)
-(Uncharted 3)

And I bought an Xbox 360 last year... and it's has delivered dick all compared to my PS3 that's been delivering since launch. Oh why did I ever think the grass was greener on the other side?

I mean since then I'd had a Halo 3 Mission-pack (ODST) and soon a Halo Prequel (Reach)... oh and Gears 3 next year, this is pitiful. I am really pissed at Microsoft, especially with their utter lack of 1st party development and their shameful pushing of this Kinect ridiculousness.

I'd rather buy a Wii (for same price as Kinect peripheral) if I wanted motion gaming! Nintendo certainly seems to do it a hell of a lot better.
Wow, that's more games than I initially thought. I'm gonna have to start saving up for those games aswell as some PC titles...

[sup]also, I can't help but feel snide at the whole post. Makes me feel like a dastard-bastard for owning and loving my PS3 and it's games.[/sup]

SelectivelyEvil13 said:
Resistance 3 on the other hand, WOW!!! That trailer was incredible! I could actually see a movie like that, it was just so cool! I haven't played R2, but R1 so far has not failed to impress.
That would actually be interesting, the teaser does make it look like it could be a movie. I doubt it'd work, but hey, there are worse games to make an adaptation of.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Anyone else think R&C is going downhill? I liked the first 3 better. If nothing else, the characters looked better than in later games.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
I loved Resistance, felt like distancing myself a little from Resistance 2, I'm not quite sure what it was missing. Maybe I just felt that bosses shouldn't be done in a game like that. Resistance had bosses without there being bosses, and it was golden. They also had one fun vehicle section. I expect that same quality in Resistance 3 that existed in Resistance 1.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Darth_Dude said:
Dr.susse said:
I'm loving that masters of war cover in the Resistance 3 trailer, I wonder if that's a real cover..... To Google!
Did you find it? I did some research (and by research i mean looking through pages of youtube comments) and someone mentioned that its a cover by the 'Staple singers'. I googled it and couldnt find anything...

:| any luck on your side?
Nah just the same as you found.

It's probably around somewhere but the Dylan version will do for me.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Xerosch said:
No. Nononononono. Nooooo!!! Why??? What was wrong with singleplayer Ratchet??? What??? Ghaaa!!!

Seriously, after Sly disappeared for whatever reason from the gaming world and Jak is busy flying around on the PSP, Ratchet & Clank was one of the very few plattforming alternatives. I don't want anyone playing beside me. Did 'A Crank in Time' sell that badly that Insomniac seriously though Multiplayer was the way to go?
Sly died and was reincarnated into Cole McGrath. They both run and climb the same. Only now he is disguised as a human with superpowers.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
LilGherkin said:
I loved Resistance, felt like distancing myself a little from Resistance 2, I'm not quite sure what it was missing. Maybe I just felt that bosses shouldn't be done in a game like that. Resistance had bosses without there being bosses, and it was golden. They also had one fun vehicle section. I expect that same quality in Resistance 3 that existed in Resistance 1.
I never played R1 online (finished the story 2x) bit played R2 online and it was loads of fun. Is R1 multiplayer that much better or are you speaking only of the campaign.

*It looks like they make the game L4D style and the protagonists are those 4 people because Hale is dead.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Resistance 3! Fuck yeah!
The last time I played number 2 was literally 3 days ago. Why, Amazing story, Decent competitive.. which is improved x100 because its the only game i own that can play split screen online competitive.

Online co-op, Best Thing Ever.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
They used that stock scream sound effect that has been around since CnC95 :(.

I hate when I hear it because I'm reminded of how old I am.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Did I miss a plot point where Nefarious changes sides or is that yet to be explained?

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
reg42 said:
I've been a fan of R&C since it came out, but this new one has me a bit... hesitant.
Yeah, this feels like an odd side step and honestly thought the series had done what it needed to on this generation.

thetrue13th

Aug 21, 2010
Resistance 2 was a brillliant game for the co-op. Collecing gray tech and repeatedly headshot-ing with the marksman was a brilliant experience. I hope they keep the awesome co-op. As for R&C, I personally thought that A Crack In Time was the best platforming will get. EVER. Co-op seems to be a good idea as anything they do now will be a step down, so why not add a new twist on things? Anyway, it can't ruin the experience unless they make it mandatory. Which would suck.

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
I seriously hope that they change that new R&C game. It just dosen't feel.... right. Feels too child friendly as if the series is changing. Perhaps it will be good, but the trailer isn't.... flattering.

Fatal-X

Feb 17, 2010
First Resistance had a great single player campaign, but weak multi. Second one had a great multi and a weak single player. I hope that they make the third one great in both aspects. But to be honest, I doubt it. They are probably going to do it like the second. Many developers these days do not understand that single player experience can't be only a training for the multi player. The teaser didn't tell us too much. Maybe our hero in Resistance 3 will be a refugee. That's all I can say about it.