Resistance 3 and New Ratchet & Clank Announced Together

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That Resistance trailer would have been a lot better if... y'know, I could tell just what the fuck is going on.

Christ, and I though shaky-cam was bad.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
No. Nononononono. Nooooo!!! Why??? What was wrong with singleplayer Ratchet??? What??? Ghaaa!!!

Seriously, after Sly disappeared for whatever reason from the gaming world and Jak is busy flying around on the PSP, Ratchet & Clank was one of the very few plattforming alternatives. I don't want anyone playing beside me. Did 'A Crank in Time' sell that badly that Insomniac seriously though Multiplayer was the way to go?

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
We've had two sublime single-player Ratchet and Clank's already, a Crack in Time being one of the best platformers I've ever played, so I'm glad we're getting another instalment with a unique spin on the franchise. That's the beauty of Insomniac, as soon as their franchise starts to look stale, they throw in another change to bring everybody back. Of course, I detest the concept of online multiplayer and co-op compensating for a brilliant solo campaign, but I wasn't expecting a new R&C game, so it's a nice surprise.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
The Austin said:
Oh God, I really hope they don't fuck Ratchet and Clank up.

I don't want a repeat of Spyro.......
Spyro got fucked up when Insomniac no longer held the reins. It wasn't Insomniac's fault... apart from the selfish decision to stop making Spyro games, leaving the door open for subpar developers* to make inferior games.

*This is a bit harsh, they aren't necessarily bad developers, they just didn't have the ability to make a good Spyro game.

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Fenolio said:
CURSE YOU INSOMNIAC FOR MAKING RATCHET AND CLANK PS3 EXCLUSIVE!
CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

;_; If kingdom hearts 3 comes out on ps3 i'll cave and buy one. BUT NOTHING LESS WILL SUFFICE!
So... you bought a Xbox 360 why then? did you not expect the ratchet and clank games to be exclusive? and I'd bet Kingdom hearts will be exclusive too, if it ever comes out.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
As one of those apparently rare people who loved both Resistance games, whichever direction they take in Resistance 3 is fine with me. And that trailer is fantastic, so atmospheric. Loved how it starts with sneaky glimpses of the Widowmaker and Grim lurking in the trees and then turns into a full blown horror shootout.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
i'm not overly happy with R&C. it looks a bit more like marvel ultimate alliance with R&C skin. i do hope you can have an option to play without nefarios etc. i mean after all i dont want to play with strangers online or deal with an ai. furthermore all 4 seemed to do the same attacks. also it seems more mele based which if so will ruin the game as its bases was awsome/crazy guns.

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
It's going to be interesting to see how Insomniac is going to make Ratchet & Clank a Co-Op game

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
RESISTANCE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

I am excited. I'm also guessing that New York sign was one of the hints. Maybe we get to visit NYC?

Mischiviktus

Aug 6, 2008
arealperson said:
As a former Ratchet & Clank fan (yes, Up Your Arsenal was it's prime; I also may have outgrown, at least, the target audience) who no longer looks forward to it's continuation (so now you're teaming up with Nefarious... yay? -reminiscent of a certain over-the-hill Crash series if I do say so), I do have one question. So, since the second game, the titles have been such:
Going Commando                  (I can't help but comment, best singleplayer, but lacks the complete win that is Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer)
Up Your Arsenal                     (Nice one, name wise)
Deadlocked                            (I was guessing this one wasn't included continuity, weak singleplayer and unbalanced multiplayer killed it)
Futures: Tools of Destruction (har)
Futures: Quest for Booty        (not bad)
Futures: A Crack in Time        (kinda juvenile, but possibly still tongue-in-cheek)
All 4 One                                (Um... No T rating = no tongue-in-cheek jokes? I suppose all that was available was 4 play >.> <.< )

Haha, and yes I too old to worry about the titles, it's just a shame that Futures brought lesser gameplay along with it's lower rating (T to E10).

Edit: Ninja'd by Chase, *ahem* "family friendly"
Originally Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time was called Ratchet and Clank Future: Clock Block.

And I don't know why Spyro was even mentioned in the article, they sold the rights off and didn't want to make another one because of the Spyro himself being limited by character design.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
fletch_talon said:
The Austin said:

Spyro got fucked up when Insomniac no longer held the reins. It wasn't Insomniac's fault... apart from the selfish decision to stop making Spyro games, leaving the door open for subpar developers* to make inferior games.

*This is a bit harsh, they aren't necessarily bad developers, they just didn't have the ability to make a good Spyro game.
I knew that. I wrote a big article about it once.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
The Austin said:

Insomniac aren't giving Spyro away to Sierra, so we need not worry about that.

I hope Resistance 3 is better than the other 2, they both had those moments where I thought 'Fuck it! I'm not trying this again! I'm sick of it!"

Zhougdog

Aug 11, 2009
At least they're trying something new with ratchet and clank now. I don't think it will work out, but at least they're trying now. As for resistance, without the mentally ill, mute protagonist from the last two games I think it'll do just fine, and probably be the best in the series.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Well, I'm not really a fan of the Resistance series (sorry, Insomniac, I'm just not really an FPS kinda guy), that trailer is many flavors of awesome.

As for A4O, they had me sold on "new Ratchet & Clank game." Seriously, Insomniac has yet to disappoint me when it comes to Ratchet and Clank. None of the games are perfect, but they're all fun to play and they're all prized parts of my collection. Dunno how I feel about co-op, but we don't really have enough information yet to judge it, so I'll just stay cautiously optimistic for now. As Insomniac North Carolina's first game, this is a good way for them to cut their teeth.

Though, really, with a name like that I was half-hoping it was a PS3 release of the first four Ratchet & Clank games. Oh well, maybe next time.

EDIT: Also, on the extreme off-chance that some Insomniac rep just happens to see this post? make it a good game. Make it a brilliant game. Make it fun, make it challenging, make it funny, make it a joy to play. I want the people who have shot this down as horrible and the end of the R&C franchise to have to eat their words. Yes I can be petty: Ratchet & Clank was the first video game I ever bought with my own money, and the series holds a special place in my heart.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
GOD DAMN YOU SONY!

I don't have enough money or time for all these games! 2011 is so packed with PS3 exclusives:

-Resistance 3
-Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
-Killzone 3
-Infamous 2
-Motorstorm Apocalypse
-Twisted Metal
-(Agent)
-(Uncharted 3)

And I bought an Xbox 360 last year... and it's has delivered dick all compared to my PS3 that's been delivering since launch. Oh why did I ever think the grass was greener on the other side?

I mean since then I'd had a Halo 3 Mission-pack (ODST) and soon a Halo Prequel (Reach)... oh and Gears 3 next year, this is pitiful. I am really pissed at Microsoft, especially with their utter lack of 1st party development and their shameful pushing of this Kinect ridiculousness.

I'd rather buy a Wii (for same price as Kinect peripheral) if I wanted motion gaming! Nintendo certainly seems to do it a hell of a lot better.