Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Paragon Fury said:
Susan Arendt said:
Paragon Fury said:
Susan Arendt said:
Paragon Fury said:
With all due respect, you haven't played the game, so you don't know the full story of why Shepard is working with Cerberus. Perhaps if you did, you'd feel differently.
MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT.

SERIOUSLY. DO NOT READ THE REST OF MY POST IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS PART RUINED.

I AM NOT KIDDING.

Yes, I know Cerberus brings Shepard back to life. That doesn't equate to Shepard owing them anything. Except maybe a few well-placed slugs.
What if it's the other way around and he's simply not recognized by the council any more?

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Slycne said:
Paragon Fury said:
Susan Arendt said:
With all due respect, you haven't played the game, so you don't know the full story of why Shepard is working with Cerberus. Perhaps if you did, you'd feel differently.
MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT.

I AM NOT KIDDING.

Yes, I know Cerberus brings Shepard back to life. That doesn't equate to Shepard owing them anything. Except maybe a few well-placed slugs.
What if it's the other way around and he's simply not recognized by the council any more?
Because Shepard is still allowed on the Citadel (and apparently without guns being pointed in his/her general direction), as well as the fact that Garrus and the crew of the old Normandy still work for you. I highly doubt that they just let Doctor Chakwas and Joker go after the first Normandy incident, free for hire.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Paragon Fury said:
Slycne said:
Paragon Fury said:
Susan Arendt said:
MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT.

I AM NOT KIDDING.

Because Shepard is still allowed on the Citadel (and apparently without guns being pointed in his/her general direction), as well as the fact that Garrus and the crew of the old Normandy still work for you. I highly doubt that they just let Doctor Chakwas and Joker go after the first Normandy incident, free for hire.
There's more to it than just that. It's not as black and white as you seem to believe it is.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
No mako :( No planet exlporing :(
They should have upgraded the mako so it could go faster or give you a flight ship!.
I enjoyed the planet expoling it feelt a bit "star trekkie" to check out a planet whit your crew, the only thing that was missing was a red shirted no-named guy who would die.
Realese date is on thursday on my side of the ocean. cant wait!!!!

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
It's good to see that this game is living up to the rather large expectations set for it not to mention it's been a pleasant surprise to see that Bioware's listened to fan requests and actually made Tali and Garrus romance options in 2. Now if only they could do the same for Wrex....

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Punch him in the Gut! That'll show him for making a statement about a game he's not played.

In either case I would get this game, But I'm a very busy man you see =(

If I had your time travailing ability the story may be different... but alas

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
If ME isn't eventually ported to the Trey, this might very well be the reason to get a 360 eventually, if I ever have to much money.

WHUAHAHAHAHAHA, too much money. I crack me up.

BlicaGB

Jul 10, 2009
Oh Susan, you are awesome :D Thanks for the good review with only minor spoilers, if any at all. I didn't really see anything related to ruining the game.

My one concern now is that I can't remember how I left it off with my main caracter from ME. Did I kill the council or save them? Should I replay just to be sure? Decisions decisions.

I like the new mining system. Now what you find you can use for upgrades. I like it, it gives one purpose!

Must name hamster Rex!!!!

And now I must get my copy today! I hope the gf doesn't mind me playing until 4am. On a tuesday. I know there's some tv that she's gonna be craving to watch. Damn!!

FFMattCR

Nov 15, 2009
Bioware WHY!!!!!

Seriously, the clip thing?
It actually explained in the first mass effect fact file why guns didn't need clips, something to do with a block of metal that the slug/projectile is sheared off from and it very rarely needs to be replaced, why mess with a good history :'(

On the other hand... looks great XD

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
There's more to it than just that. It's not as black and white as you seem to believe it is.
If you can't choose to betray Cerberus as a Paragon, then this whole affair is stupid. Even if it's supposed to be "an uneasy choice to tolerate what is essentially Waffen SS IN SPACE for the sake of saving the galaxy from EVIL ALIENS", you should still be able to disobey particulary nasty orders of Illusive Man and sabotage Cerberus' illegal workings.

FFMattCR said:
Seriously, the clip thing?
It actually explained in the first mass effect fact file why guns didn't need clips, something to do with a block of metal that the slug/projectile is sheared off from and it very rarely needs to be replaced, why mess with a good history :'(
The "clips" are heatsinks. You can wait for your gun to cool down, or just swap the damn thing. The choice is yours.

But then again, i'm not sure if they did that one right either.

microwaviblerabbit

Apr 20, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I dislike the new clip system. It doesn't really fit in, and it could get annoying. So, they decided that after guns having near-infinite ammo in the past (It was infinite for the game's purposes, but not for the lore), they would backpedal and both waste resources, time, money and lives by downgrading their weapon systems.

It will also be damn irritating to run out in combat, given that it's an RPG, and that some enemies will probably have a lot of health.
This 'new' clip system sounds exactly like the one from Deus Ex 2. You get one type and different guns use different amounts. I always found that I ran out of ammo and got screwed a lot. I hope it works this time?

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
how hard is it to review a game without revealing spoilers?! I know she gave us a warning...but i wanted to see if the game is worth buying...without knowing any big plot points, jeeeeez

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
TitsMcGee1804 said:
how hard is it to review a game without revealing spoilers?! I know she gave us a warning...but i wanted to see if the game is worth buying...without knowing any big plot points, jeeeeez
A game like Mass Effect? A lot harder then you seem to think it is. Story is a large part of what makes this game. We went out of our way to avoid spoilers, but one tiny reveal as to a character returning from the first game is revealed - and you'll have to be paying attention to catch it. If you've been following the game at all then you likely know about it already.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
microwaviblerabbit said:
MurderousToaster said:
I dislike the new clip system. It doesn't really fit in, and it could get annoying. So, they decided that after guns having near-infinite ammo in the past (It was infinite for the game's purposes, but not for the lore), they would backpedal and both waste resources, time, money and lives by downgrading their weapon systems.

It will also be damn irritating to run out in combat, given that it's an RPG, and that some enemies will probably have a lot of health.
This 'new' clip system sounds exactly like the one from Deus Ex 2. You get one type and different guns use different amounts. I always found that I ran out of ammo and got screwed a lot. I hope it works this time?
I ran out of ammo exactly once, and that was more a function of my own bad shooting than the game's bad design. I think it works quite well.

TitsMcGee1804 said:
And I didn't reveal any. There are larger spoilers in this thread than there are in either the written review or the video.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
I kinda thought the review was a bit skimpy and it was a bit focused on the little details and not really what the game was like to play or anything.