Review: Naughty Bear

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

The teddy bears had a picnic, but they didn't invite Naughty Bear. So he murdered them all.

Read Full Article

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Hmm. I was hoping for more than this. Seems it's a bit generic in lots of ways.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I saw the teaser, and it looked extremely generic from the outset. Actually, much of what Funk said comes as a surprise to me, as I had actually thought the game looked worse than what he made it out to be. I still won't be buying it though.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Something to look at if its a slow month, and nothing else out...as well as when tis cheaper. A fun title, but, not something im going to run on out to purchase, so to speak

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
the games looks generic but nothing is cuter when a psychopath bear goes and kills his fellow bears

as a child it is how i wanted the care bears to actually act not just put out evil with lovely crap!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Maybe I'm just wrong in the head but...this isn't nearly violent enough. I was expecting something on the level of Happy Tree Friends, this is just a bit tame for a game that revolves around violence.

The only thing that made me interested in this game doesn't look all that great.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I was imagining being a politically correct concerned parent watching that review.
"Killing brutally is fun"
"Unfortunately, there are some things that get in the way of your murder, hence why the game isn't so good"
Oh, the laughs i had as i was imagining their reaction to it.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Sad. Even though I wasn't looking forward to this game, it sure is getting a lot of negative reviews. This is definitely something for achievements/trophy collecters to play during their break.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
I have decided, I will but this game for all my children... not that I have any, but when I do, I will buy them this and raise them right.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Seems like Manhunt but with teddy bears. A sort of Bearhunt, if you will. In fact, they should have called it Bearhunt and put it in a bright orange box with a guy in forest camo on the front. It would have sold millions!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I smelled suck from the first trailer...

My radar's not perfect, but I saw the rest of 505 Games' (the publisher of NB) lineup on the shelf.

Naval Assault. Morph-X. Crap. Crap.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Points for realizing that evil is some times fun. The laying traps, scaring and going insane thing kinda reminded me of Ghost Master, which is a game where you scare mortals with ghosts to make them perform tasks and solve puzzles for you.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Call me crazy, but I just never found humor in the whole "cute woodland animals die in horrific ways" thing.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:

The teddy bears had a picnic, but they didn't invite Naughty Bear. So he murdered them all.

Read Full Article
Yeah... that looks like a nice, cheap download, not a nealry full retail.

By the way, is somebody else going to review the multiplayer?

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I smelled suck from the first trailer...

My radar's not perfect, but I saw the rest of 505 Games' (the publisher of NB) lineup on the shelf.

Naval Assault. Morph-X. Crap. Crap.
from the trailer? I smelled suck with the name of the title

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
No stuffing physics? Then what, pray tell, is the point of blowing off a teddy bear's head? Making it work like blood takes out all the fun.
Pass

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
Man, I was looking forward to this but now... Well I might get it when people start returning it so I can get it cheap. It may not be worthy of being called a good full game, it still seems like a good way to pass the time, and get some laughs while you're at it :)