TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Hyper-space said:
[HEADING=1]TMs can be used infinitely[/HEADING]
Back.The.Fuck.Off.

Nothing will be the same.
I know, right?
Team Beam-Bolt-Thrower anyone?(Ice Beam + Thunderbolt + flamethrower = DEATH)

Or how about team earthquake?

stormcrow5

Jul 9, 2008
The only problem with Black and white i have, is for a game that the main thing is catch them all, all the new ones are just so unwanted to me i dont want to catch any of them. and the starters are just so meh i dont want any of the 3 -_- to me they have just run out of design ideas.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
stormcrow5 said:
The only problem with Black and white i have, is for a game that the main thing is catch them all, all the new ones are just so unwanted to me i dont want to catch any of them. and the starters are just so meh i dont want any of the 3 -_- to me they have just run out of design ideas.
this has been my biggest problem with poke'mon after silver/gold. and while i still have the original 150 memorized i don't know but a handful of the newer ones. i like the idea of expnading the world and using poke'mon in different enviorments. poke'mon snap was interesting in this aspect that you got to see poke'mon interacting with their enviorments. and graphical upgrades made poke'mon games better at this. they need to take what they have in poke'mon and use it in new direction.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
rayen020 said:
i'm still waiting for the poke'mon MMORPG. it makes more sense than anything else and if there is a way to kill WoW i'm pretty sure this would do it.
Yeah, it would be unstoppable if executed correctly; me and my friends had a drunken conversation about it that turned into writing a design doc for the game...

The next morning we were all really depressed that it doesn't exist.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
DarkShadow144 said:
It comes out tomorrow in the U.S. its just one more day, but I WANT IT NOW! I want my Oshawott Damn it!
yeah, I love how Oshawott sounds almost as Japanese than it's Japanese name(Mijumaru)

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
I can only imagine that the powerful TM's like Hyper Beam are harder to find than the shit ones. My brother bought the game. It didn't really fell much different until about an hour or so into gameplay. It's pretty good so far. :)

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I would have thought you'd talk about the world a bit more. One very interesting thing about Black and White is that not only are the pokemon rosters slightly different, but the actual region of Unova is different in each game. For intstance, whereas Black has a city in a particular part of the world, White has a forest in the same place. Pretty cool huh?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
ionveau said:
why 5/5? WHY im not trusting this review site again
Why not? It obviously fulfilled everything expected from it and more.

OT: Personally, I'm not surprised. With the exception of Ruby/Sapphire, I cant realy remember a pokemon game in the main group that didnt do well. And even then, R/S was only average.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
rayen020 said:
i'm still waiting for the poke'mon MMORPG. it makes more sense than anything else and if there is a way to kill WoW i'm pretty sure this would do it.
well there's always those rather cruddy ones you can find online that dont feel like much of a pokemon game. If you're really Jonesing I mean.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Tharwen said:
Does anyone know if this'll run on a first-gen DS?

I got one when they first came out and it's still alive (give or take a few pixels), so I might just get this at some point.
Hell yeah! I've had mine for ~5 years, and it's serving me well today.

As I play Pokémon White.

Today.

*Laughs at Americans for the third time*
So... it works? :eek:

Hurrah!

My DS may weigh twice as much as the average one, and it may have a dimly lit screen with no camera attached. It may have a few dead pixels, and the sound might cut out occasionally, but all of that doesn't matter. It's served me well these past few years, and... most importantly... it's mine.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
rayen020 said:
well there's always those rather cruddy ones you can find online that dont feel like much of a pokemon game. If you're really Jonesing I mean.
I playe one once... I doesn't matter how much i'm jonesing, never again.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
rayen020 said:
emeraldrafael said:
rayen020 said:
I playe one once... I doesn't matter how much i'm jonesing, never again.
XD Yeah, that was my reaction too. Thats why I dont ask about Pokemon MMOs anymore.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
So far the bad guys seem completely reasonable, I want to join them. These aren't really animals because they are thinking and reasoning (I think? they're far smarter than your real pig)

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
ionveau said:
Yeah, despite the fact it's easily the best game in the series, clearly, it deserved a worse score. You know..cause it's better..or something.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ionveau said:
Things may not change much in a Pokemon game (and if they do it's a minor change with a huge impact), the grinding may get a bit boring, the story can seem a bit dull and childish in places.

But one thing about a Pokemon game is that is so god damn fun to play, you can be on it for hours and not realise that 4 hours have passed, the world draws you in, and that is why they get high ratings.

argue all you want, but Pokemon games will always sell well and get high ratings, and until people get bored of them (which they won't because of the above) they will continue to flourish and thrive and be the best games on ANY portable system.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Honestly... the noise is just as annoying as it originally was if not moreso.
Even if it's mixed in with the music, it's now more prominent and the beat in itself is incredibly repetitive and I already hate it.
-Tabs<3-
Agreed. This seems more like a negative change the more I think about it. Just imagine, you're in the Elite 4, awesome battle theme is playing, and then they knock you down to the red and suddenly you're listening to that. Boo!

Plus I don't see why we need the beeping anyway. We have health bars with numbers for a reason. I can see when I have only 10 hit points left out of 300, because it says "10/300" and the bar that was one full is almost empty. I do not also need a constant, grating beep going off at me.

Also, unrelated to the post I quoted, a Pokémon MMO is still the worst idea for a video game ever. You can already battle and trade online, and that's all you need. None of the rest of the game would benefit from throwing other, annoying people in there. I want to take on the gyms without some n00blets stalking me and begging for Charizards and Master Balls and rare candies and insulting my mother when I don't answer them.
Thankfully, Nintendo's hatred of online without Friend Codes will ensure that such a terrible game is never released to the public.

TheEvilCheese said:
I know, right?
Team Beam-Bolt-Thrower anyone?(Ice Beam + Thunderbolt + flamethrower = DEATH)

Or how about team earthquake?
You would beat the AI easily, but a skilled human opponent would kick your ass. Plus, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower were always three of the TMs, and you could always get more of them in the games, so if having unlimited use of those TMs was going to break the game, it would have back when Diamond and Pearl came out.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You know what I noticed reading through this again (like, actually reading through. the first time I mainly skimmed cause I was in a hurry)?

They didnt talk about the Dream World, or the way pokemon will get new natures through it.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
From the sounds of it, i'm going to like this pokemon version. The last new pokemon that gave me thrills was Ruby/Sapphire, which were pretty damn good imo. I only hope they didn't fuck up the new pokemon designs to badly.