Rumor: Bethesda Making Direct Sequel to Oblivion

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Oblivion seemed to close the plot pretty firmly. I don't really see what else they could do with it.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
messy said:
Zeromaeus said:
I personally wanted to go to the Black Marsh...
Well, Skingrad had better be fixed!
Blue Lantern?

OT: Black marsh would be sorta cool. Maybe a world where all the racism is directed at the humans not the lizard men.
Oh yes please, it's time for the Argonians to kick ass and chew bubblegum :D

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Whatever they do'll turn out fine. Just don't make it a buggy mess full of game-breaking exploits.

Alchemy in Morrowind, Duplication in Oblivion, the Scrap Metal glitch in Fallout 3.

Too many people abuse them.
What? I only have 80 billion intelligence for the next 400 years. But I am interested in this scrap metal glitch Fawkes can hold lots of it.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
NLS said:
messy said:
Zeromaeus said:
Blue Lantern?

OT: Black marsh would be sorta cool. Maybe a world where all the racism is directed at the humans not the lizard men.
Also if the rest are like my elite super theif its going to be a pretty awesome/dangerous place to live.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Whatever they do'll turn out fine. Just don't make it a buggy mess full of game-breaking exploits.
The exploits I don't mind (they can be ignored if they make the game too easy) I just want it to work. Either way, after my experience with the latest Fallout games, there's no way I'm getting this on a console.
It will probably only work on the PC and that's after the modders patch it all up.
Seriously, if New Vegas was in any worse shape, they would have to recall the product.
One thing they do need to carry over from fallout is the VATS (or maybe FATS: Fairy assisted targeting system) for archery and ranged spells.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Nalesnik said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Logan Westbrook said:
FOOL!
It's spelled "Cyrodiil".

/Fanboy rage

OT: Man, that's awesome.
(And the Dragon Lord is obviously the player, since he/she became the king at the end of the main quest.
WRONG!!
Your character did NOT become the king at then end. He/she was labelled as the "Champion of Cyrodiil" and got some sweet looking dragon armour from the Imperial Council, but never does it say that he/she inherits the empire.

Also the "Dragon Lord" is clearly referring to Akatosh, the head of the Nine Divine, the creator of the world.
Cereally, Did you even play the game?

/smug fanboi :p
You fool!

Dragon Lord is clearly referring to Akavir, ie, the birthplace of dragons. I'm calling it now, TES V is gonna take place in Akavir. 'Direct sequel' could be referring to the war Cyrodill just had with them, the player could be an Imperial Ambassador or something imprisoned and scheduled for execution in an Akaviri jail.

/fanboi war

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I also hope they open up the doors to a few more races.
I understand that the Tsaesci (read:Naga) would probably be a stretch, but the Imga (read:Monkey People) would be pretty cool.
Not to mention the Falmer (read:Snow Elves).

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Aethren said:
Nalesnik said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Logan Westbrook said:
FOOL!
It's spelled "Cyrodiil".

/Fanboy rage

(And the Dragon Lord is obviously the player, since he/she became the king at the end of the main quest.
WRONG!!
Your character did NOT become the king at then end. He/she was labelled as the "Champion of Cyrodiil" and got some sweet looking dragon armour from the Imperial Council, but never does it say that he/she inherits the empire.

Also the "Dragon Lord" is clearly referring to Akatosh, the head of the Nine Divine, the creator of the world.
Cereally, Did you even play the game?

/smug fanboi :p
You fool!

Dragon Lord is clearly referring to Akavir, ie, the birthplace of dragons. I'm calling it now, TES V is gonna take place in Akavir. 'Direct sequel' could be referring to the war Cyrodill just had with them, the player could be an Imperial Ambassador or something imprisoned and scheduled for execution in an Akaviri jail.

/fanboi war
I half hope that there's some truth in that fonboi rant you just let out. We might actually get to see what a Tsaesci looks like, or even play as one (doubtful). I really enjoy the lore the games have let me sample... also UESP.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Just logged in for this, so I can say:

Oh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My GodOh My God.

That is all.

:)

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
messy said:
NLS said:
messy said:
Zeromaeus said:
Blue Lantern?

Also if the rest are like my elite super thief its going to be a pretty awesome/dangerous place to live.
Indeed. Any country where the citizens, and even the trees themselves, worship the god of death (Sithis), things are gonna' be dangerous. Things like the Hist would be out in the wild, along with swamp dwelling dragon creatures (Wamasii), werecrocodiles (WERECOROCDILES!) and giant bird things (Hackwings).

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Zeromaeus said:
messy said:
NLS said:
messy said:
Zeromaeus said:
Blue Lantern?

Also if the rest are like my elite super thief its going to be a pretty awesome/dangerous place to live.
Indeed. Any country where the citizens, and even the trees themselves, worship the god of death (Sithis), things are gonna' be dangerous. Things like the Hist would be out in the wild, along with swamp dwelling dragon creatures (Wamasii), werecrocodiles (WERECOROCDILES!) and giant bird things (Hackwings).
Oh please let it be in black marsh. It be a nice change from the cities of the previous game, since they were all a bit samey after awhile. Plus a society like this would have a completely different system of law enforcement and what right and wrong are.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Logan Westbrook said:
FOOL!
It's spelled "Cyrodiil".

/Fanboy rage

Spoiler warning fool!
Not that I actually care much since I didn't really care enough about Martin and the empire to do any of the main story quests once they began to get harder than they were fun.

OT: A new elder scrolls would probably be good, But I wonder what exactly they mean by Direct sequel? Is it really going to be TES 5: Oblivion 2 or is it gonna be a semi spin off directly related to Oblivion?

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Delusibeta said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It's a Bethesda game. Ergo, it'll be a buggy mess full of game-breaking exploits.
I'm hoping they'll get be able to get rid of the bigger exploits. Nearly everyone I know abused the hell out of Alchemy in Morrowind, Duplication in Oblivion, and Scrap Metal Glitch in Fallout 3
What's the Scrap Metal Glitch? I can't recall ever hearing about that glitch.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Rumor: Bethesda Making Direct Sequel to Oblivion

A mold-breaking new Elder Scrolls is supposedly in the works, and is already at the stage of recording voices.
Bethesda recording voices? Then it should be out tomorrow maybe this evening....