Rumor: Dragon Age Getting Multiplayer

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
I don't know if you guys can read but I'm pretty darn sure this is just a rumor, unless of course I'm just seeing words that aren't there. Which I'm not.

But we all know no matter how many disclaimers you have people will still throw their hate around as a knee-jerk reaction.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I really don't see what the issue is here. It sounds like it could be an interesting idea, and it's not even known if the rumour is about DA3 or an entirely new DA offshoot game.

And besides, given that DA2 apparently kicked the puppies and killed the grandmothers (and stole the cookies) of 95% of the people on this site, surely you were all going to do the logical thing and just not buy the next game in the series anyway, right? I mean, you don't care about the series now anyway, so why would it matter even if they made it 100% multiplayer and set the game in Candyland?

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
getoffmycloud said:
To everyone saying Bioware has sold there soul all im gonna say is neverwinter nights had PvP so this isnt new to them and if you were true older bioware fans like you all claim to be you would know this
This is an interesting comment. Sadly, it'll be ignored :(

Also, i never tried a NWN game, how are they?

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
BioWare, I don't understand. I just want to play a good narrative-driven RPG. Why wont you let me do that? What did I do wrong?

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
Ya im not buying it. Online co-op I could see but not a pvp arena.
This pretty much. If there's a decent co-op campaign, i might enjoy this.
That said, i weep for the overall quality of the sp content :(

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AndyFromMonday said:
I can't wait to see how the fanboy's are going to justify this one.
Well don't you know? Anyone who says something bad about their games is obviously just a 4Chan troll.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Bioware

Multiplayer

Dragon

I must be on drugs or something.

Please tell me I'm really badly wasted or drunk or really crazy right now.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
uppitycracker said:
DA3: Strike at Kirkwall
Nice. Ooh it's December now (Australia at least) I wonder when the map-pack for BF3 is coming online. I'm jonesing for Wake Island.

So Dragon Age is dead to me now. I mean I hated the DA2 demo, so I didn't buy the game, but it sounds like I won't even download the demo for DA3. It just seems to be woving away from what I desire in a game. I may be giving up on Bioware altogether as I didn't like the T&A fan service in ME2 (nor the direction it took in gameplay, but the fan service bothered me the most), I'll still buy ME3 but it may well be my final Bioware purchase.

I wonder if DA3 in Frostbite 2 would be as PC centric in the graphic options as BF3? More PC friendly games using Frostbite 2 would be good, more crappy titles from Bioware is not. I kind of wish DICE could divorce itself from EA, I fear it is too late for Bioware.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Hmm...Dragon Age seems so distant and pale in comparison to Skyrim. DA:O is like a fond memory of a dream. DA 2 is like a half remembered movie that I went to see with my little cousin because he wanted to see it and I had to go because I was babysitting him that day.

Also, I don't think Bioware will screw up DA whatever they decide to do with it. ME3's multiplayer supposedly won't have any effect on the main story, so I imagine that's how DA multiplayer will be.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
zHellas said:
Thunderhorse31 said:
I literally just want to cry right now.
It's just a rumor.

OT:

Oh look, a rumor that seems to be pretty tailor made to piss people off.

Honestly, it's most likely false.
Just like the Mass Effect multiplayer was a rumor that was most likely false?

He shoots he scores!

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
That sounds like a horrible idea.
It might be fun to test my character out against other people's in an arena, but when I think about it we'd all have the same armor, weapons, spells, moves, etc. by the end of the game.
I thought BioWare was just going to go straight for the MMORPG with Dragon Age, which makes a hell of a lot more sense.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
PurpleLeafRave said:
Origins was one of my favorite games. I didn't even bother playing 2, and this looks set to be even worse.
I'm in the same boat as you. I've played through Origins half a dozen times, along with all of the DLCs, and I never even considered buying DA2. After trying the demo, I got the impression that it was made for people who didn't like the original title. Mass Effect 2 felt the same way, but I didn't bother trying the demo before spending the $70.

Bioware has gone from being my favourite developer, to being one that I avoid like the plague. If I ever get news that EA purchased Bethesda, I might cry.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Sigh.... why is it always multiplayer, not co-op.
Lack of co-op is what keeps me from buying so many games that it's not funny, yet game devs constantly feel the need to make multiplayer components rather than the far more fun option of co-op =/

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
Not even read the article, I just came to say my piece, in response to the title, all I have to say is: NOPENOPENOPE

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Satsuki666 said:
THIS! I would kill for responsibly handled online Co-Op in Dragon Age. Same with Skyrim. I want to be able to explore this huge epic world with my friends beyond talking about our single player campaigns in Vent.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Well, I've adored the Dragon Age franchise so far, and it would be hypocritical of me to give ME3 a shot despite its multiplayer and not give this one the same chance. Admittedly, this is a much more effort-intensive sounding multiplayer system, but Dragon Age 2 was my favorite game ever, so I have some faith. As long as the campaign doesn't suffer, it'll be fine.

Sep 14, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
roughly this, if dragon age goes mmo i'm actually considering getting pissed off...

until then, i MIGHT consider some co op, like they are doing with mass effect.