Rumor: Modern Warfare 3 Going Epic With Huge, Destructible Levels

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
Epic proportions?! rejoice everyone, the next COD will have 6 hours of campaign! in all it's linear-to-the-point-of-it-being-a-rail-shooter glory!

DirtyMagic

Mar 18, 2011
I read "Huge, Destructible Levels".
I expect you can knock down a few pillars and MAYBE a few bigger structures in scripted events.

zagadan7191

Nov 22, 2009
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????? We don't need another Call of duty one year on from the last one, I'd rather they take three or four years to develop a brilliant game rather than rush out a cash spinner

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
zagadan7191 said:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????? We don't need another Call of duty one year on from the last one, I'd rather they take three or four years to develop a brilliant game rather than rush out a cash spinner
It's Bobby Kotick...what do you expect? He sells more CODS than my local Fish and Chips... of course he will keep churning new ones out.

OT: This should be interesting, my eye's are on you Infinity Ward...

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
ReiverCorrupter said:
Um. I've played BlOps and it's pure run-and-gun arcade shooter. The formula= spawn in random location, shoot the people you spawned behind, get shot when they spawn behind you. Rinse. Repeat.
This sounds like you describing every CoD multiplayer experience I've had EVERYTIME. I am so glad I missed out on Blops now. I think you would find the BF series refreshing.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Spookimitsu said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Um. I've played BlOps and it's pure run-and-gun arcade shooter. The formula= spawn in random location, shoot the people you spawned behind, get shot when they spawn behind you. Rinse. Repeat.
This sounds like you describing every CoD multiplayer experience I've had EVERYTIME. I am so glad I missed out on Blops now. I think you would find the BF series refreshing.
No, the level design and spawning has gotten progressively worse. All of my memories of the original Modern Warfare were of people not in party chat who didn't know each other spontaneously coordinating movements across the map. This was just because the maps were designed more for team spawn points and control of positions. You can still do the same thing if you're in a party with well organized people, but other than that the new CoD games are just disorganized cluster fucks.

Yeah, I've never played Battlefield before, but from what I'm hearing it sounds much more up my alley. I'm no fanboy, I abandoned Halo for CoD and I'll probably now abandon CoD for Battlefield. Alternatively, I've been getting more into RTS games, so if there's another decent one for consoles I might just switch genres completely. Right now I'm stuck with the decent-fun-but-flawed Halo Wars. Might switch over to Star Craft if I buy a new computer, but it would take a lot more time than I have to get really competitive, plus I like the stripped-down, micro/unit-tactics centered gameplay.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I am interested whether this will be as simple as "Cover will deteriorate when shot or if it will be "THE HOUSE JUST BLEW UP FROM SHELLING! THE GROUND HAS POT HOLES! THAT TREE WAS SAWN DOWN AND BURNT BY A TACTICAL NUKE!"

Holy crap, the tactical nuke. That would be a spectacle to see in combat. It's like that set piece they already did, but EVERYWHERE!

Calumon: Does it come with sillies that hate the game but still play a million billion hours in it? :D
Unrelated, I <3 you. You make every topic so much more interesting.

And on topic, Seems like destructable environments are becoming the next 'staple feature' for AAA shooters....

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
I picked up Universe at War for under 5 bucks, severely underrated RTS.

I think they still got some for cheap.

Strategem has been paramount in past Battlefield games, no mindless running or gunning (only rare instances if you are totally surrounded). It is the tactics of the game that will probably stand out alot for you!

Here is a brief of the last Bad Company, but I guess could be applied to all console iterations. Gives you an idea of how the game moves

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
Seriously? The "world in crisis" scenario left behind by MW2? The second game's plot was like watching a season of 24, hilarious for all the wrong reasons. This isn't the cold war anymore guys, MW1 made at least some stab at realism.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
Oh, you mean like Red Faction did 10 years ago? Which no one gave a toss about? Yeah, wow, that's soooo original and innovative, eh guys. Soooooooooo original...

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
And not a single f**k was given this day...

In all srsness, Im kinda annoyed that the campaign is not going down the prequel route they said they were gonna do (or maybe still doing in a separate game) I kinda liked the idea of playing as ghost,before it all happened. I mean, mw2 upped up the choas in mw, and if mw3 is topping it again, then it might be a overkill in my opinion.

Still, Ill probably give it a go. I started really enjoying cod at MW1, mainly cause it was modern warfare. I dont really have a care for the COD bit though, as prooving by my lack of WaW and my ultimate dissapointment and swift trade in of black ops.

I just like modern tech I guess.

skullpile

Aug 23, 2009
Oh look a thread with battlefield fanboys hating on cod this is refreshing i haven't seen one of these before

crepesack

May 20, 2008
They said that about cod4. It didn't happen. The only thing that was remotely breakable were the cars.