Rumor: Modern Warfare 3 Going Epic With Huge, Destructible Levels

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
Shadie777 said:
I shall not be decieved by the hype. I will wait till it comes out before deciding.
You shall not fool me again
GIVE IN... YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
ReiverCorrupter said:
SammiYin said:
Infinity ward are making it?
Fuck that then.
Better than Treyarch. Treyarch can bite me.
Treyarch at least have some idea of what a balanced game is.
And they brought in zombies, the only reason I even play cod anymore

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
SammiYin said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
SammiYin said:
Infinity ward are making it?
Fuck that then.
Better than Treyarch. Treyarch can bite me.
Treyarch at least have some idea of what a balanced game is.
And they brought in zombies, the only reason I even play cod anymore
Um. I've played BlOps and it's pure run-and-gun arcade shooter. The formula= spawn in random location, shoot the people you spawned behind, get shot when they spawn behind you. Rinse. Repeat.

In the original Modern Warfare the maps made sense and people spawned together and fought for locations naturally without even having to coordinate that much. I mean, don't get me wrong, "Infinity Ward" as it is now is not Infinity Ward and whatever it produces is probably liable to not be very good. I'll probably rent both, but I have a sneaking suspicion that once I'm done with CoD's single player I'll be playing Battlefield multiplayer. I've never played it before but from what I hear it sounds much more up my alley than where the CoD franchise seems to be going.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I believe I speak for many when I say "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?"

I don't care about Ghost! What happened to Soap and Price!? I wanna invade Moscow and make their capital building look like shit! Seriously. What the fuck!?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Well, if past iterations are any indicator, can. Get the only single player edition for 7.50?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
stinkychops said:
Can we get months and not "fall" please?

It'd be way easier to read.

I'm not a huge COD fan but if a games good I'll play it.
I'm going to go with November 8th or 15th for a release date.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
So CoD are going to be like BF and BF is gonna be like CoD? FFS, stick to what you know!! I guess it could be good, but doubt it. It's hard for me to try to care about CoD anymore.

NapalmBob

May 27, 2009
At the end of the day it is still just Hollywood movie in game form. Why won't anyone publish Six Days in Fallujah, a survival horror/fps with a fully destructible environment and made with the help of the people that were really there. We all keep talking about pushing the medium forward but then we keep remaking the same games over and over until everything looks alike.

djthedrummer

Jul 14, 2009
It's going to have urban environments?? That sounds like nonsense, I'm gonna call bullshit on that rumor. It sounds like crazy talk, next thing you know they will be announcing snow levels, which is UNHEARD OF in a COD game.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kalezian said:
amaranth_dru said:
Rumor has it... I would like to see the story continued, too bad Ghost ate it in the last one tho.
Still without the bulk of IW I wonder how they'll pull it off. I wasn't pleased at all with BlOps graphics, or story for that matter.
Destructible environments? Hopefully someone can get this right (I still think the original Red Faction pulled it off the best).

I think Guerrilla pulled off nice destructible environments, nothing like making a tower collapse on a squad of enemies, or knocking out the structural support beams and havign the enemies base collapse on top of them.
Guerilla's problem was that 90% of the time enemies weren't in the buildings. Reason I liked RF1 (and yes it was basically only the early levels that really did this) was the destructable walls/floor idea. Where GEOMOD games have failed since then is "yes buildings blow up, but the ground remains the same".
I'd like to drop artillery on a flat piece of land and see it crater massively (not just a sprite animation telling me where the shell landed).
I played the RF: Armageddon demo last nite, btw. Apparently walls are still impenetrable, despite having a friggin Black Hole gun.
Anyway, all I want is terrain shaping explosions alongside building collapsing to show that the gaming industry gets the whole idea of "blowing shit up" includes the ground. Also, I would like to see MW3 get away from the OTR level design by allowing you to say "I don't like either of these paths, so lets blow building A up and make path C."

Edit: On the upside of RF:G, I loved having Mjolnir's little brother to run around with tho. A cool easter egg in MW3 would be a sledgehammer perk to use to bust thru walls without significant "DANGER CLOSE".

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
I just personally don't understand why Escapist Newsroom is so eager on reporting about some small rumors. They could just as well report about a rumor concerning the upcoming assault of Nazi aliens.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
World war 3? Well it was only a matter of time before the went back to the world wars.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I do not care...about...destructible environments! My name...is AbsoluteVirtue18! And I will have my...information on whether or not Soap survived the end of Modern Warfare 2.