Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Hmm, i always though the Naga would make a cool playable race.

Eh anyways, im glad i quit b4 Lich King release. I have never looked back

EDIT: Id fucking LOVE and new Warcraft RTS

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Du Jour Jaricho said:

Well hi there! I'm a Tauren! I've been a playable Horde race since WoW was released in 2004 since Warcraft III was released in 2002! And obliviously you will noticed I'm completely covered in fur! Just like the Worgens...
Fixed that for you.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Oh joy, that'll just give us two races we should be able to skin but can't! Seriously if the Forsaken are allowed to eat me, I should be able to skin Tauren.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
The female Worgen looks hot, I think I know what I'll be playing as when this comes out.

Also, the female Goblin looks like the female Ogre from Shrek, what's her name? Fiona?

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
not being a WoW player, that whole article made my NERD ALERT flashing red button go off in my head since i barely understood 10 consecutive words in that whole thing.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
SuperFriendBFG said:
I can see Blizzard working out a PVP based XP system for the next expansion. They've already made it so that doing battlegrounds will give you experience should you choose it. Hell, maybe they'll add a raid based or dungeon based XP system where doing a dungeon once a day will net you tons of XP. I totally look forward to seeing what kind of interesting mechanics they will add in the next expansion.
Whoa, seriously? Now THAT is a reason to get back into WoW; Always did like tearing through squishy humans more than grinding kobolds. You're not joshing me here, this is totally serious? I can get experience from Battlegrounds?

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Macksheath said:
And I can now predict Blizzard descending on the source of this leak like a ten-ton bull elephant sitting on an ant.

This poor bastard is going to be sued so hard he won't be able to sit down without a rabid Blizz FBI agent diving at him.
Umm, hardly, it was all datamined from files that can be found in any current WoW installation, second, a lot of it is speculation, Blizzard has however been dropping hints and basically saying: 'Here's what we've planned' in several interviews so...I don't think they're all too angry ;)

CronosYamato

Apr 17, 2009
*begin geek rant*

huh...while i think a werewolf playable race would be pretty awesome, i think it is unlikely. Goblins, also unlikely. Goblins by nature are supposed to be greedy little green skinned con-artists who never tie themselves down with an alliance more permanent than the transaction at hand. and as for the worgen, i just don't see it happening. The worgen never had a true story of their own, aside from the small tid-bits in WoW (don't quote me on this, i haven't read all the books...or any for that matter, but did play the games), while the other races all have at least a palpable story to them. Now, onto the technical point of view. Goblins are neutral by nature, and each goblin would most likely choose as an individual which faction they would like to be, and would not decide as a group on one faction, so i believe we may be looking at the first ever dual-faction race. As for the Worgen, it would probably be the same thing...although come to think of it, i've never seen anything other than a human that turned into a worgen, so that one is up for debate. Maybe it will just be a class instead, cause a worgen death knight would just be crazy, as well as slightly disturbing.

*end geek rant*

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
To me, the Worgen thing makes perfect sense if you think about it... I mean, as someone said earlier, just because some members of a race decide to pick a side, doesn't make all members of that race aligned with that picked side, which concludes that the Steamwheedle Cartel will remain neutral, as just a few Goblins would see the profit in siding with the Horde.

As for the Worgen, I'd figure it would be something like this. As you may or may not know, the Worgen are said to come from another dimension, and as someone else already said, but most delightfully overlook, is that they carry the "Curse of the Worgen", which makes other creatures, such as Humans, turn into Worgen at night-time. (Go to Pyrewood Village south of Shadowfang, the people are Humans by day, Worgen by Night) Now, let's assume that this curse is what has caused the Kingdom of Gilneas to stay isolated and unheard from ever since the outbreak of the Third War. The gates of the Greymane Wall have never been opened since then, so noone outside knows what is going on inside. Maybe there's a civil war going on between Worgen Humans who have -retained- their free will (despite their physical form having been tainted forever), and the Worgen who are truly lost to the corrupting control of Archmage Arugal?

Despite me not playing WoW anymore for two years straight now, I always wanted to see what happened to the people of Gilneas, and hoping they'd be Worgen to add some much needed predatory instincts to take on those Horde milking machines : P

And it would make less sense to add Pandaren as they were made initially as a joke by Samwise during WCIII (though having been confirmed as a race later), and also you have that entire China thing going on about them..

Anyway, yeah, I want to see a Worgen race on Alliance.

eelel

May 29, 2009
I guess I am one of the few that like the idea of the Alliance getting furies. That actually might get me back into the game.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
If its true, its deeply upsetting.
If the Alliance really do end up with Worgen, that is.

I mean come on? Goblins? Freaking goblins?!
Who the hell wants to play as a goblin? Ugly little bald green fellows with incredibly annoying voices, vs werewolves. FREAKING WEREWOLVES!.

Ugh. I don't want to role Alliance. I never wanted to be alliance. But...werewolves :'<

shadow_hazuki

Aug 11, 2009
Worgen eh? Sound like fun. However Goblins for Horde? I can understand how they could be except for the fact the places like Booty Bay and Gadgetzan exist, which are essentially neutral Goblin towns. I think a third faction would be a fun idea, as one said on here earlier with the Murlocs and friends. But what about a faction purely on the bad guys side? Comprising of the Burning Legion or Arthas' sweet forces... that would be a sweet side to play.

But for now, these races should suffice, as long as we get shit tons of other content as well, including but not limited to; new areas, new dungeons, possible new classes, and of course... a swing at Arthas finally.

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
Du Jour Jaricho said:

Well hi there! I'm a Tauren! I've been a playable Horde race since WoW was released in 2004! And obliviously you will noticed I'm completely covered in fur! Just like the Worgens...
My guess would be the Alliance assume that "Horde = Fags", and since they're all a bunch of sexually-repressed closed-queers they're BOUND to think "Furry = Fag", and thus "Horde = Furry."

Adding a 'Furry' race to the Alliance would add Fags to their not-in-any-way-gay man club for manly men who are manly. That might make them catch Gayness and die of Gay.

All of this makes me glad that, for the brief time I tried WoW, I tried it as an Undead warrior...

The AI

Jun 24, 2009
New playable races? Well, now I actually might have a teeny tiny interest in subscr-

FURRIES?!

Now, I am well aware that the Tauren are covered in fur. However, they aren't really "furries" in the sense that they wouldn't look like they're at home in a fursuiter convention. The Worgen in this game MIGHT be cool, but I think that it would piss way too many people off. And the Goblins? Meh...

And now about the anti-furry thing. I'm not anti-furry in any way. I have a couple of very close friends that are furries (well, not fursuiters; they just have an affinity for anthros), but most of what I've seen of the furry fandom is pretty... silly. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I couldn't be a furry because the whole thing is batshit BANANAS.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Okay. People.
If you have LISTENED to the story line.
The Worgen are infact people.
NOT FURRIES.
They have just been struck with a werewolf curse.
And they are still trying to find a cure for it.
I REPEAT.
THEY ARE NOT FURRIES!!!