Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

penguin92

Feb 6, 2008
Spectre39 said:
I think the whole idea is ridiculous to begin with about these masks. Sure, that's how we found out about the BC races, but I refuse to give into any wildfire hype until Blizzcon announces it.

If this were true, however I'm not impressed. This is just a gimmick. It's not needed and is only directed at new players (who will be intimidated by 90 levels) or old players who already have 6 80's and need a new gimmick to do it all over again (like my addict friend who swore off any other pc game or console for WoW entirely) and they were going to stay playing anyway.

The BC races were both a little awkward and lore-bending, but they were needed! Blizzard themselves have said that they needed something to give paladins and shaman to both sides because instance design was too hard to balance for unequal factions. As far as we know, the new races bring nothing to the table. And if they were to bring a new class then that would further complicate class homogenization and armor disputes.

If this is the real course that Blizzard has decided to take, then it's confirmed my own musings about the future of the franchise. World of Warcraft has reached its critical mass. That it's expanded so far that the creators are grabbing at straws to try and keep the audience captive and paying. If you look at Death Knights, T9 armor, and the Call of the Crusader instances, and now some hard lore-rape forcing neutral races to uncomfortably take sides? They've run out of ideas. They're just trying their hardest to trickle-feed content to the raging mobs so they don't wake up and try something new.

Sure I'll keep playing myself. I'll still raid with my guild as I am able. But the shine, polish, and unique immersion that the game once possessed has evaporated. Gone is the adventure, the epic, the odyssey, all to be replaced with the unshakable feeling that you're now a slave to the cash cow.
>musings
you make me sad :(

EDIT: Thinking a bit more, you mused about WoW and did not come to the conclusion that werewolves = BADASS?

Sexy Street

Sep 15, 2009
[/quote]You're reasoning fails to explain the Blood Elf pandemic...[/quote]
... The only reason I am a Blood Elf is to bubble-hearth. I love doing that in Winter Grasp >:p

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
I reckon they should have added a new faction to the game and had the taurens, gnomes, goblins and weren be unaligned taurens are pretty much unaligned anyway if u read there backgroud and goblins will just be the horde version of gnome within a month of them being added...werens look cool but again they'll just end up as tauren analogues within a month since the gamers who play wow cant seem to get past the whole pidgeonholing thing when it comes to races and classes from what ive seen.

the stuff there doing to the world looks cool though and should add abit of freshness to otherwise boring maps.

i wonder why they havent added merlocks as playable races yet though?