Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well they had those cat guys from the moon in Everquest.

At any rate, I have mixed opinions about the entire thing. It sounds like an intentional misdirection to be honest as they haven't even really finished Icecrown and the whole Arthas thing. If they release another expansion pack now, I think they will have been rushing through "Wrath Of The Lich King".

Also there is the persistant rumor that Blizzard is already developing another MMORPG, so it's possible it's something from that (Shrugs).

As far as furries go, it's not really my kink, but I don't see the big deal. I'm also not in a hurry to yell "Furry" every time I hear about or see an anthromorph.

Honestly with Worgen I'm more worried about the whole paranormal romance/Twilight crowd which is what it seems directed at more than anything. Sexed up werewolves are right below sexed up Vampires, and in a lot of paranormal romance novels it tends to turn into a threesome or at least a love triangle.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
theultimateend said:
Sevre90210 said:
Yay! Furries!....I mean Blizzard suck and sold their soul 4 and a half years ago.
Yes because corporations are living entities that have souls.

Damn them for making a successful game that keeps millions of people entertained.

The bastards.
ahahahaha, i don't go ew furries, im a gamer whose already looked down upon from certain aspects of society but hey theres someone i can look down on! whatever tickles your fancy i suppose just don't involve me.

that said anthropomorphic wolfmen? i might revive my account because that sounds pretty sick even if they go -shudder- alliance

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Hmmm logical...with the events in Grizzly Hills I will be cautiously believing of the Worgen seeking to join the Alliance. It would make sense, though the absence of being able to play a Murloc once again disappoints! (I'm kidding, stop it)

Goblins, well DUH they've been the Hordes 'Gnomes' since ...well ever. It would be perfectly accepetable for a Cartel of Goblins to join the horde seperate from the Steamwheedle Cartel.

Now what classes would they use..is more what I'd like to know...
The Worgen in Particular... Too bad they won't be Paladins for sure...*sigh*...That would be funny.

I could believe this...I'm skeptical, but ...there is evidence, and the guy who rooted up this data first, is very very rarely incorrect in his findings. I remember seeing the post a few weeks ago, he's committed to running naked through the streets of Paris if he's wrong about this and thats a hell of a claim to make on the fly... The internet will demand blood if he's wrong. D:

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ah, I heard about this earlier today, and I already have a Goblin Tinker planned - it'll be amazing :D

As for the idea of Worgen being furry-friendly, they're closer to these guys than anyone else;

They are NOT cutesy enough to be furry-friendly. It's a pretty good shot at giving the Alliance a badass race if they do it right...

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
poncho14 said:
I might go back to wow for a month or so if this is true... damn you blizzard!
I know how you feel. I am really not swhcoked about the Goblins joining the Horde. I mean come on. Orcs are green and their green. I am surprised they weren't available from the get go though. As for the Worgens, I am tempted to jump back in just to kill one of those guys. Also does anyone else have any idea wwhat the new level cap will be?

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I'm not a furry, but I think that a Worgen would be a pretty cool race to play as. Also: Goblins finally playable, eh? I like it!

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Du Jour Jaricho said:
sturryz said:
Furries? seriously? (BTW Taurens are not lumped into this group because they are genuine Mythological creatures, not some made up thing by a creature more screwed up then Atypical Japenese Otakus) Heres what i got to say.

-Image from Encyclopedia Dramatica-
And the Taurens are based what? The Minotaur? (That's the half man half bull creature in case you have no understanding of Greek mythology) The only thing about that is the fact that The Minotaur did not have fur on his body besides a mane and his bull-like head. And what the Hell do you mean made up? Worgens are clearly based on Werewolves...
Do you even know how the Minotaur came about? An ecient queen climed into a wooden cow and got inseminated by a bull. Pure beasiality, nothing more nothing less.

How ever I really dont see what the issues with furries in the game is. When I play WoW I play it as some one else, not as myself. For me its better to play as some thing that is as far from human as possible, which is why I play as moo cows and space goats.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
macatombe said:
They should have leaked something useful like say.... a new hero class?
P.S Why does everyone hate worgens again?
becuase they fuzzy...

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
A playable Worgen race?
A playable Goblin race?
Ozzy Osbourne?

Fuck yes.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Furries...oh god no. Well, quitting sounds like the best three things i ever did.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I don't get it...I'm not very familar with Warcraft lore, but...the Worgen are furries...and the Tauren and Pandaren aren't?

Can someone explain this double standard to me?

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Why the fuck do the Alliance get stuck with tiger people? If Blizzard wanted to have a furry race for the Alliance, at least give them one with a fucking backstory. They pulled these "Worgen" people right out of their asses.
I mean, is it really so god damn hard to put these guys in?

......Although, I am glad that they are putting goblins in.... Finally.

link55307

Aug 31, 2008
Goblins make sense for the horde but in no way do the worgen fit in. like come on this is all speculation from a third party site, based on some Halloween masks? They say the texture quality is too good for just a nonplayble race, but hey look at the vyrkul model some of them are pretty intricate to, but we never got to play them wow.com I call your bluff.

TheDoomThing

Jun 24, 2009
I don't really get how Worgen are going to be playable--every time I've seen them, Worgen have tried to rip my character a new asshole. Slightly different Worgen or not, this dun' make no sense. Plus, they're werewolves. Worgen are supposed to turn feral the second they get infected, not try to be political. True WTF, Blizzard.

Of course, the masks may just be not foretelling in the least, instead just being new Halloween masks to give some variety.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Goblins: The Horde's answer to Gnomes. (Willing to bet the Racials are similar)

Worgren: The Alliance's answer to Tauren. (Just not as cool)

And for those of you saying Second Life is populated by Furries, actually try playing it before you talk about it, as Furries make up roughly 2% of its population. You'll find more Furries are already in WoW than there are in Second Life.

Twilightruler

Jul 3, 2009
Asehujiko said:
Twilightruler said:
Well if this is true then im definitely going to congratulate Blizzard for further screwing with Warcraft lore....Swear to god Blizzard's developers team must have a superior hatred for everything they ever worked to accomplish..Can't wait for the pink bunny boss that shoots you with magic rainbow rays of happiness and friendship. Thank god I quit...
Hyperbole much?

Worgen were basically a part of the alliance until Arugal went crazy and started a war between them. Somebody dug up the Scythe of Elune and made them calm down, the kirin tor might have summoned a second batch under command of a more sane mage or the silverpine/gilneas population signed a peace treaty now that Arugal is dead, in Northrend and even more dead.

Goblins are mercenaries and serve whoever pays well and have always maintained close ties to the Horde to the point where they were exclusively allied to them in warcraft 2.
The worgen weren't a part of the alliance they were essentially pets of the alliance. Ur figured out how to summon them to help in battle then they turned on their own and attacked them. Arugal became insane from guilt and started considering the worgen his children. The scythe of elune being dug up also did nothing to "calm down" the worgen, all it did was summon worgen in duskwood who ended up killing the people that were there when they were summoned...

Worgen were never allied with anyone, they were just summoned and sent to kill stuff.