Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
Werewolves in space with guns and bombs.

Maybe they're just introducing a breeding population of Worgen into WoW. That way they don't have to be summoned or transformed and can just be born normally. Through werewolf sex.

However, seeing as you can ignore people, and how the game doesn't allow people to actually have sex between characters (unless you count the cowgirls in Stormwind), I don't think it's really going to be an issue.

I for one embrace our new werewolf overlords.

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
So... Horde finally get a short annoying race and all the RP players finally get to let loose their inner furry and now instead of a chain of naked Night elves in HumanStarterTown you'll now see a chain of naked wolf(wo)men?

I'd rather see some new hero classes then races, I'd probably pick Troll or Undead still anyways i don't see why adding another set of new races would change anything. Not like we have Faction specific classes that need to be balanced out anymore.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
NekoiHiokans said:
hansari said:
NekoiHiokans said:
*sigh* Do really need more WoW??? And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
There tapping into a brand new market...of furries lovers...
I can't wait for /b/ or Encyclopedia Dramatica to get a hold of this...Blizzard is slowly going to kill the internet.
Yes, Blizzard is destroying the internet. The economic recession will light your testicles on fire. Oh and 2012 will bring uncomfortable sensations to the collective rear-ends of humanity.

Taawus

Oct 21, 2008
Delmar Wynn said:
That way we can slaughter all of them and take fluffy tails as trophies.
No ! Not our fluffy tails! You may have our exp and gold...but never our fluffy tails!

SplattererRoss

Nov 10, 2008
I really don't see how this makes WoW any better. I think there are already enough races to choose from. Maybe in this expansion they will fix the problem of the game being extremely repetitive (Kill 10 wolves, bring me 6 murloc fins = Kill 10 Worgen, bring me 6 purple murloc fins)?

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Twilightruler said:
Well if this is true then im definitely going to congratulate Blizzard for further screwing with Warcraft lore....Swear to god Blizzard's developers team must have a superior hatred for everything they ever worked to accomplish..Can't wait for the pink bunny boss that shoots you with magic rainbow rays of happiness and friendship. Thank god I quit...
Hyperbole much?

Worgen were basically a part of the alliance until Arugal went crazy and started a war between them. Somebody dug up the Scythe of Elune and made them calm down, the kirin tor might have summoned a second batch under command of a more sane mage or the silverpine/gilneas population signed a peace treaty now that Arugal is dead, in Northrend and even more dead.

Goblins are mercenaries and serve whoever pays well and have always maintained close ties to the Horde to the point where they were exclusively allied to them in warcraft 2.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Asehujiko said:
Twilightruler said:
Well if this is true then im definitely going to congratulate Blizzard for further screwing with Warcraft lore....Swear to god Blizzard's developers team must have a superior hatred for everything they ever worked to accomplish..Can't wait for the pink bunny boss that shoots you with magic rainbow rays of happiness and friendship. Thank god I quit...
Hyperbole much?

Worgen were basically a part of the alliance until Arugal went crazy and started a war between them. Somebody dug up the Scythe of Elune and made them calm down, the kirin tor might have summoned a second batch under command of a more sane mage or the silverpine/gilneas population signed a peace treaty now that Arugal is dead, in Northrend and even more dead.

Goblins are mercenaries and serve whoever pays well and have always maintained close ties to the Horde to the point where they were exclusively allied to them in warcraft 2.
If the goblins ally with the hoarde though, what does that do for historically neutral cities like Gadgetstan though?

In any case, i'm rooting for a 3rd faction, made up of Gnolls, Murlocs, and other assorted monster races. GIVE ME GNOLLS, DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
If the goblins ally with the hoarde though, what does that do for historically neutral cities like Gadgetstan though?
They stay neutral? Not everybody of a race has to suddenly join up with the rest as soon as somebody picks a side. Dwarves are part of the alliance too but the Wildhammer clan is neutral and the average Dark Iron would bash your face in for suggesting it.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
SplattererRoss said:
I really don't see how this makes WoW any better. I think there are already enough races to choose from. Maybe in this expansion they will fix the problem of the game being extremely repetitive (Kill 10 wolves, bring me 6 murloc fins = Kill 10 Worgen, bring me 6 purple murloc fins)?
Blizzard will likely never go back and redo all the low level quests. Already they've greatly increased the speed at which you reach level 60, especially when compared to Pre-BC days. As far as new quests go, Wrath brought us a whole slew of newly fashioned quests. Of course your standard hunter gatherer quests still exist but the drop rates are much much higher and you spend a lot less time on any one quest. Blizzard keeps it somewhat interesting by having some fun type quests like bombing runs and things like the Wrath Gate to mix it all up a little.

I can see Blizzard working out a PVP based XP system for the next expansion. They've already made it so that doing battlegrounds will give you experience should you choose it. Hell, maybe they'll add a raid based or dungeon based XP system where doing a dungeon once a day will net you tons of XP. I totally look forward to seeing what kind of interesting mechanics they will add in the next expansion.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Asehujiko said:
Twilightruler said:
Hyperbole much?

In any case, i'm rooting for a 3rd faction, made up of Gnolls, Murlocs, and other assorted monster races. GIVE ME GNOLLS, DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!
Murlocs are a servant-race to the Naga, although it is possible that several freed Murlocs may be allies to either the Horde or Alliance. Gotta remember that you as the player assist several murlocs when questing.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
SuperFriendBFG said:
NekoiHiokans said:
hansari said:
NekoiHiokans said:
*sigh* Do really need more WoW??? And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
I can't wait for /b/ or Encyclopedia Dramatica to get a hold of this...Blizzard is slowly going to kill the internet.
Yes, Blizzard is destroying the internet. The economic recession will light your testicles on fire. Oh and 2012 will bring uncomfortable sensations to the collective rear-ends of humanity.
But, but...I don't have any testicles....

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
SuperMse said:
Also, I want to see a quest about a blue hedgehog critter who's been afflicted with the Worgen curse in this expansion. Perhaps you save him...perhaps you put him down (which I think would still be saving him at this point =P).
or better yet, have a quest where Linken gets turned into a worgen.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
unacomn said:
Great, furries. Now everyone from Second Life will join the alliance.
I couldn't help but laugh out at the top of my lungs.

I dunno these look a bit stupid and call april fools on these things (in August?), but I wouldn't put it past blizzard to introduce a second orc race and ... caninehumans.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
NekoiHiokans said:
SuperFriendBFG said:
NekoiHiokans said:
hansari said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Well then I hope you don't mind burning on the inside. :)

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
SuperFriendBFG said:
NekoiHiokans said:
SuperFriendBFG said:
NekoiHiokans said:
hansari said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Well then I hope you don't mind burning on the inside. :)
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! That shit hurts!

schneevs67

Mar 19, 2009
Ugh not more WoW. Although I'll probably renew my subscription for 3 months when it comes out and get bored once again a couple of months after it comes out. They really need to revamp the stating areas of the other races and add some new fresh quests. :)