Rumor: New Zelda Will Be Majora's Mask Sequel

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
jimduckie said:
i hated majoras mask , the wind walker animated link was a bad thing , should of updated ocrina of time , and hopefully navi won't be a pain this time or a jar awaits

yeah i might of spelled the flute thing wrong but you get the title
Am I the only one who liked Windwaker? (Other then that GOD. DAMNED. FORTRESS. SNEAKING, of course.)

Edit: Not liked, LOVED Windwaker.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Hubilub said:
Julianking93 said:
Oh please let it be so!!!!

MM was my absolute favorite Zelda and I want it to be really the sequel.

Now all I have to do is buy a Wii.

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.
No More Heroes

And....

No More Heroes 2
Eh. No More Heroes was alright.

I had it when I first bought the Wii but I thought it was just kinda boring.

Shocking I know.

Apr 28, 2008
Hubilub said:
Irridium said:
Well, I hope its true. Majora's Mast was my favorite Zelda title.

LeonLethality said:
Why is HUBILUB post number 1? maybe something is wrong with my browser... Anyway I am depressed that it is departing from the usual Zelda formula but I still have high hopes that Nintendo is going to impress me with this.
He finally figured out how to post before the staff.
I HAVE THE POWER!
HE-MAN!

Hubilub said:
Julianking93 said:

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.
No More Heroes

And....

No More Heroes 2
Also the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Ftaghn To You Too said:
jimduckie said:
i hated majoras mask , the wind walker animated link was a bad thing , should of updated ocrina of time , and hopefully navi won't be a pain this time or a jar awaits

yeah i might of spelled the flute thing wrong but you get the title
Am I the only one who liked Windwaker? (Other then that GOD. DAMNED. FORTRESS. SNEAKING, of course.)
No.

I loved it apart from the sailing.

I actually fell asleep while looking for all the pieces to the triforce.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I hope this is true. Story-wise, I think it'd be awesome to be put in the shoes of a hero who's been through that much. Plus, it might mean a return of actual magic in gameplay.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Eekaida said:
Internet Kraken said:
I see no reason to believe in baseless rumors. I could just as easily say it's rumored to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time and my claim would be just as valid.
Majora's Mask is the sequel to Ocarina of Time, so technically that would be accurate
Well crud, But still, my point was that there is no reason to believe this rumor.
Quadtrix said:
If this is true, we're about to get a new "best Zelda game".
Because being a sequel automatically makes a game good?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Zeromaeus said:
Link? (no pun intended. Link where the rumor started or I call bullshit)
I'm always happy to hear any Zelda news, but thusfar this isn't news and shouldn't be treated as such.
Ahem [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97643-Rumor-New-Zelda-Will-Be-Majoras-Mask-Sequel]. Started via 2chan (which has been accurate before, mind you), via The Wiire.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Julianking93 said:

These. [http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=wii&cat=0&year=0&numrev=0&sort=0&letter=&search]

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
John Funk said:
Zeromaeus said:
Link? (no pun intended. Link where the rumor started or I call bullshit)
I'm always happy to hear any Zelda news, but thusfar this isn't news and shouldn't be treated as such.
Ahem [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97643-Rumor-New-Zelda-Will-Be-Majoras-Mask-Sequel]. Started via 2chan (which has been accurate before, mind you), via The Wiire.
Ah, it appears I did the stupid thing and jumped straight into the forum without even knowing about the article. I feel smart...

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
OoooooooooOoooooh. I'm intrigued. But...a direct sequel? In ZELDA? I call bullshit.

However
Speaking of the sword, Link may not be getting the series' traditional Master Sword after all. Instead, his weapon will develop and unlock further abilities as the game progresses.
That sounds like it could be interesting.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
After wiping the egg from my face I'd like to say that could be pretty cool. WOuld this Link still be looking for Navi, though? Or will he be completely distracted by another quest filled with oddly familiar people.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Please let this be true, ocarina was one of the first games I played and I loved every bit of it (except the water temple of course, damn block got me every time). Majora's mask was ok, and I loved the time traveling on both the games, this is the fabled link, the one EVERY game since that one has referenced him. I would love to see the awesome link now experienced and grown up, I'm excited just thinking about it.
Just one problem, in majora's mask link was looking for navi (never explained what happened to her) so, what, what If he found her? *shudder*

Ziltoid

Sep 29, 2009
Irridium said:
Also the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
This x1000000000000

This has potential to be amazing, but then again every Zelda is really similar anyway.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
Please be a Majoras Mask sequel. I loved Termina. Woodfall to Snowhead. Great bay to Ikana Canyon. Loved it. Need it. Has to have a sequel.