Rumor: New Zelda Will Be Majora's Mask Sequel

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Hubilub said:
Irridium said:
Well, I hope its true. Majora's Mast was my favorite Zelda title.

LeonLethality said:
Why is HUBILUB post number 1? maybe something is wrong with my browser... Anyway I am depressed that it is departing from the usual Zelda formula but I still have high hopes that Nintendo is going to impress me with this.
He finally figured out how to post before the staff.
I HAVE THE POWER!
BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

I loved that show! i got the box set on dvd for christmas! Even the SheRa Movie and series.

OT: I hope that we still get the Master Sword and also an option to use either a classic controller or a gamecube controller. To be honest i cannot stand playing with the wiimote for any serious game, it is too finicky for me to enjoy myself completely. For games like Wario Ware, sure, but for an epic like Zelda I need a standard controller.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
AstorSapolsky said:
I love Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Am I the only non-confrontational Zelda fan?
I am of like mind, let us revel in our brotherhood.

*revels*
*Joins in*
To be honest Twilight Princes might have been my least favorite, although it was awesome. Mostly because i hate the wii controls.

Charlie_Brown

Jan 16, 2009
John Funk said:
- Link may not be getting the series' traditional Master Sword after all. Instead, his weapon will develop and unlock further abilities as the game progresses.

- The game will not take place in Hyrule, but will feature Link as the Hero of Time - also known as the Link that was the protagonist of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (presumably, grown up after being turned back into a child at the end of OoT and adventuring in Termina during Majora's Mask).
If this is a sequel to MM then it will absolutely not be featuring the Master Sword. It was laid to rest in the pedestal of time at the end of OoT, sealing Ganon until the events of the Windwaker. It does mean however, that [strong]there won't be any Zelda[/strong]!
The white figure is expected by many to be the [a href="http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_of_Fairies"]Fairy Queen[/a], my guess is that she empowers herself into a sword in some way to help Link. Of course, if this takes place in another kind of alt-Hyrule, then who knows.

Still, it's nice Nintendo is doing something different, it's not what I expected at all. Will be curious how the new seemless dungeon system works, and to see how the innkeeper's child (who sounds like the adoring fan from Oblivion) fits into things, hopefully Zelda won't go all Fable II on us.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I'm excited for you Wii owners, because this is at least a new game for you :) but if Gannon appears in any chape or form then uh oh

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I thought it'd be a Twilight Princess sequel...

But, Majora's Mask (if not stressing with its time limit) was fun...

I need to replay that game now...

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Sequel to the N64 Zelda games? No goddamn complaints from my mouth. I would start up some nerdy story questions, but I'll just wait so I don't look like an idiot later.

Can't wait until it comes out in 2015

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
John Funk said:
...Famous southpaw Link will be either right or left-handed depending on the option you select as the player...
I see what you did there, Mr. Funk.

Slightly more on-topic: well, I suppose this is good news, right? Right now, I can only think of how much this will mess up the series' semblance of continuity.

Sharky200

Nov 28, 2009
wow MM is my favorite LOZ game and if this is true and Link has those masks again i will be one happy crazy gamer XD

Why do they have to be only rumors XD

i guess we will have to wait

Elonas

Apr 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Oh please let it be so!!!!

MM was my absolute favorite Zelda and I want it to be really the sequel.

Now all I have to do is buy a Wii.

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.
Surprisingly, there are a fair few out there,uUnderneath the shovelware, that is. Stuff Like LoZ: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Okami and Super Smash Bros brawl are, in my opinion, great games.
OT: I think it'd be pretty awesome, since I never completed MM, it may give me reason to revist and do so!

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Not having the Master Sword makes sense since if he had it he would be 7 years further than the game and in an altered timeline. If this is true I'll die of happiness. Also even if it isn't the sequel it best be placed in Termina >:|

madriani

Jul 16, 2009
Julianking93 said:

Anyone know any games that are worth buying a Wii for? I don't want to shell out 200 dollars for one game.

If you like the Legend of Zelda games, you would like Okami

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
You know what i really freaking want in this game. The Sword needs to be able to shoot a beam that blast your enemies apart when you have full hearts like it did in the original.

Remember how cool that sound was? *ZAP* *BLOO*
give it a nice aiming system and it will be the first FPS zelda, till you get hit!
but yea it would be nice to have that back!!

if it really is a MM sequel then i sure hope it doesn't have that " loose all your crap in time " i hated spending hours getting stuff only to lose it in the time travel

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Elonas said:
Julianking93 said:

Surprisingly, there are a fair few out there,uUnderneath the shovelware, that is. Stuff Like LoZ: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Okami and Super Smash Bros brawl are, in my opinion, great games.
OT: I think it'd be pretty awesome, since I never completed MM, it may give me reason to revist and do so!
I like 3 of those games.

LoZ, Metroid and Super Smash Bros.

Okami was terrible on Wii, I have no clue what Muramasa is, and I honestly don't like Mario.

Crucify me if you must, but I have never liked Mario.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
madriani said:
Julianking93 said:

If you like the Legend of Zelda games, you would like Okami
Had it on PS2, thought it was great.

Got it on Wii and hated it.

buggy65

Aug 13, 2008
The girl in the picture has a color scheme very similar to the Master Sword...

HOLY SHIT! SHE IS THE SWORD!!!!

That would explain how she talks to Link through it.