Rumor: No Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in 2010

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
Everybody, step back.

[HEADING=1]FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCK[/HEADING]

Phew. Much better.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I know, it's gonna be:
Half Life 2: Episode 3: Half Life 3
Would be cool though, you play through the 6 hour explosive adventure of Episode 3, and then once you think you've reached the credits, in fades text "Valve Software presents, Half Life 3". And then you get 30++ hours of HL3.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
John Funk said:
on the bright side, Valve still has a long way to go before reaching 3D Realms territory - after all, its games actually come out ... eventually.
Cripes, don't jinx it, Mr. Funk.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
It's been almost 3 years since the release of episode 2. It took Valve 6 years from Half Life 1 to Half Life 2. It only took 14 months between episodes 1 and 2. At this point they may as well release a full fledged game, because for this long of a wait and development cycle for the amount of content that these expansion packs have will be a huge letdown.
oh wow yeah almost 3 years
my how the time has flown since 2007...
except for those of ya'll waiting for Episode 3 =[

personally, I think it's good that at least it's...probably still gonna come out
I mean, with Star Wars Battlefront 3...ehhh

blankgabriel

Jul 10, 2009
Just because it says "episode" in it, doesn't mean it has to be short and take a short time to develop.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
It makes me sad to think of all the Half-Lifers out there who passed away waiting for a sequel to come out :/ Duke Nukem Forever wins with the death toll by far though.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
First the forsaking of (meaningful) support for L4D just a year after its release, and now this? Valve isn't earning any Brownie Points in my book with these shenanigans. At least TF2 is still going strong.

Thank Me Later

Oct 17, 2009
FUUUUUUUU!!!!

In all seriousness... FUUUUUUU!!!!!

Really though, not even a general timeline or anything in 3 years? If it were just about anybody else...

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Please note the one word in the thread title "Rumour" or technically "Rumor" for whatever country you're from. Rumour's are unconfirmed, they may be a HL2:EP3 in 2010, until we hear from the heads at Valve for sure, nothing is certain.

vsepr

Jan 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure he's totally talking about the millions of TF2 updates that valve's released since announcing Ep3.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
swaki said:
by now i no longer care, sure once it gets an release date, maybe in 2012, I'll wet my fanboy pantys with glee, but now im as dry as ever.

is just realized that it may not be longer than 3-5 hours, and they already have established all their characters, they have their engine ready and no need for marketing, I'm just really realizing this now, what can possible take so long.
21/12/2012. That's when it's coming out. It'll bring upon the apocalypse...

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
I want it to be a total flop.

Just to see if the forums explode or something.
Regardless of how good or bad it is, the forums will explode, with people saying either "OMG BEST GAME 3VAR!" or "DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE HL3?". Hype and a long wait will do that to people.

I think the funniest, would be if they just gave up on making it, if only to see how the fanboys would react. They'd still find a way to defend Valve... (Unless that's what you meant by flop, in which case I agree)

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Gabe Newell said that he wasn't going to let anything slip about the development. This means that there is something significant in it. By saying he wouldn't say anything, he said something. I win.

jamessmith157

Oct 9, 2010
i really do hope they do a part three or a half life 3. to be honest it could have the same physics engines and graphics but continue on with the story line and i would still love it they just need to get on and make it!! the end of episode 2 left it open for another game so why such a delay

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Jamessmith157, I hate you so much for bringing this back to the front page and reminding me about it. I've been trying to forget about Episode 3 until some actual bit of news is released. :(

I'm hoping it will be one of their "big announcements" in the coming year. A lot of people are speculating that Portal 2 may have a trailer or an ending that references Episode 3.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Screw it. I'm going back to my classics until there is a definite release.

*Unwraps System Shock 2*