Rumor: No Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in 2010

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
I can bet you that the engine will be the same, with minor graphical updates.
I agree with that. If L4D2 is any indication, the engine is not being pushed that far.

So far, I think its one of two possibilities: either Valve is doing the duke nukem (trying to make something so revolutionary that never gets done), or they just don't care.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Pyromaniac1337 said:
Good, more time for me to get my damn computer updated and play HL2 and Episodes 1 & 2.
This.

I'm one of the few people in the world (who want to) who still haven't played HF2 or any of the episodes.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Did Gabe eat the game again?

Sorry about the fat jokes but I'm pissed. Seriously, what the fuck are they doing? If this isn't a full fledged game I, and I think most people, are going to need some questions answered.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
That's right, how dare they take as long as they like to make their games as good for us as humanly possible?
I say we boycott the living shit out of them!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Lets hope like all other Half Life rumours this turns out to be false.

Oh no, I double jinxed it!

(BTW, for an episodic game, HL2: Ep 2 wasn't so bad, about average length an FPS and great level content)

ThisWasAWaste

Aug 7, 2009
blankgabriel said:
It's Valve, the wait will be worth it.
QFT

hermes200 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
I can bet you that the engine will be the same, with minor graphical updates.
I agree with that. If L4D2 is any indication, the engine is not being pushed that far.

So far, I think its one of two possibilities: either Valve is doing the duke nukem (trying to make something so revolutionary that never gets done), or they just don't care.
I'd say L4D2 is quite a big improvement of the source engine from EP2. I have no problem playing it along side any other current gen game. Not to say it's the best looking, with super-high res textures and bumpmapping up the ass, but it is still great graphics wise.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
blankgabriel said:
It's Valve, the wait will be worth it.
at what point does hopeful optimism become "too damn long"?

episodic gaming is suppost to mean shorter games, released more frequently, at cheaper prices. They might as well just make episode 3 a full game after all this time, because it'd be a shame to wait.. how many years for a few hours of game that ends with another cliffhanger

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
I think they're pulling a Bungie and doing a new engine which'll debut with HL2:EP3 so then when they finally release it people will be like "oh finally they're showing the game and holy shit does it look awesome!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
John Funk said:
johnman said:
Mr Funk, why do you refer to everybody looking forward to episode 3 as Fanboys in a derogatory term?
What makes you think I'm not looking forward to Episode 3 myself?
Its just the way you said fanboy rage, sorry I am picking at straws here.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
FairlyFrightenedFeline said:
My view:

Okay Valve, FUCK THE TF2 UPDATES, FUCK LEFT 4 DEAD, AND RELEASE IT! I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I'M BEING FORCED TO MAKE UP MY OWN EPISODE 3 IN MY HEAD. *breaks down to tears*
I have to agree. I've given some thought to this, actually. I mean, just look at my avatar. (One of the two or three pieces of concept art that they released way back when, in case any of you don't know.) I've had this since summer, and I'm just counting the time since I got the orange box before we get some actual info on the game. C'mon, Valve, don't let me down.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
It's been almost 3 years since the release of episode 2. It took Valve 6 years from Half Life 1 to Half Life 2. It only took 14 months between episodes 1 and 2. At this point they may as well release a full fledged game, because for this long of a wait and development cycle for the amount of content that these expansion packs have will be a huge letdown.
As much as this pisses me off as well, it hasn't almost been 3 years. It's been just over two.