Rumor: PS3 Version of Mass Effect 2 Includes DLC, New Mission [UPDATED]

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i think if Microsoft see how much money they get from the port they would start porting other games like Fable or Even Halo but i think it would be very rare if they did.......But i really hope they port Fable.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Huh this is coming out for PS3, when did that happen? Fantastic for every PS3 owner. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
deonte9109 said:
D:< This is bull. Why should the PS3 owners get special treatment? at the very least BioWare should give some of the DLC free to PC and Xbox users.
Not really, honestly its fair, I mean PS3 owners have to wait a whole year before getting 2 when PC/360 already got it. They also missed out on Mass Effect 1 becuase Microsoft own's the right to it.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well I imagine my friend will buy this once it comes out for the PS3 and then talk about how it comes with a bunch of DLC free. Despite the fact that he already owns ME2 on the 360 and PC.

I'm somewhat torn about the PS3 getting free DLC like Kasumi and Lair of the Shadow Broker. I still have yet to get LotSB for my 360 version and the fact that they get it for free sorr of irritates me. Oh well, it does sort of make up for the fact that they haven't been able to play it yet as well as the fact that they don't get ME1 either. Which makes me think that giving them that exclusive DLC so that they can make the important decisions of ME1 is a pretty good idea. That way they aren't stuck with the default Shepard.

JamesCG

May 3, 2008
At least I won't be stuck with Default ME2 Shep.

I hate Default ME2 Shep. ;-;

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
thanks bioware just because of this i will buy mass effect 2

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I'm thinking this will be Mass Effect 2: Game of the Year Edition, which is like what Bethesda did with Fallout 3: GotY Edition. I mean it's pretty much lock to get Game of the Year.
nay, the story in-between ME2 and ME3 isn't finished and there are more story/plot related DLC coming (don't know how many though)

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
Korten12 said:
deonte9109 said:
D:< This is bull. Why should the PS3 owners get special treatment? at the very least BioWare should give some of the DLC free to PC and Xbox users.
Not really, honestly its fair, I mean PS3 owners have to wait a whole year before getting 2 when PC/360 already got it. They also missed out on Mass Effect 1 becuase Microsoft own's the right to it.
You are good friend however, why should the PS3 owners get all of the DLC at probably a $60 price while those who first got it had to pay upwards of 70

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
GamesB2 said:
cjackson92 said:
When did LBP2 and KZ3 go multiplatform???
/Sarcasm

I was pointing out that while people complain about Microsoft not porting Mass Effect one you don't see Sony gladly handing over its popular franchises.
Emm, Sony own those games and they're created by Sony studious. Mass Effect franchise now belongs to EA, not Microsoft. Microsoft also won't port anything they own, like Halo 3.

Jul 22, 2009
Lord_Gremlin said:
Emm, Sony own those games and they're created by Sony studious. Mass Effect franchise now belongs to EA, not Microsoft. Microsoft also won't port anything they own, like Halo 3.
And?

What have you said that is anything different from what I proved hypocritical earlier...

Mass Effect now belongs to EA. Didn't at the time of Mass Effect 1.

You say Microsoft won't port anything they own... well neither will Sony. As I stated earlier.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Why is everyone so annoyed? If want the new content then buy both versions!

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
So wait, I bought Mass Effect 2 on the release date, but because I got it on Xbox 360 instead of PS3 I have to pay for most of my DLC while they get it free with the game? That's just disappointing, hopefully they'll lower the prices on the DLC after this or something.

XinfiniteX said:
Why is everyone so annoyed? If want the new content then buy both versions!
I think it's mostly because some of us can't afford two consoles, or even two copies of the same game for that matter. But Bioware said the 'new' content was just the old DLC anyway.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Add all they want to it, you still miss out on half the bloody story and character development. There's no making up for that with extra content in 2

Apr 28, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
I still don't get it why they can't just port the original Mass Effect over to the PS3, instead of creating entire new sections for Mass Effect 2 that the Xbox and PC players will miss out on. Not to mention that creating what now appear to be 2 separate story lines for different versions of the game is not a good idea at all.

Yea, I know the overall story will remain the same, but just think of the confusion that might start once Xbox and PS3 players start to discuss parts of the story only to find out that they don't know what the other player is talking about because of the minor differences between what happens at the start of the game in both versions.

Not to mention that no amount of new content will make up for the fact that they are releasing a sequel to the PS3 without releasing the original which was a stupid move to begin with.
Its because Microsoft still has some sort of exclusivity with the first one, meaning it can only be released on Microsoft platforms, like the 360 and Windows.

It sucks, but thats business for you.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
deonte9109 said:
... why should the PS3 owners get all of the DLC at probably a $60 price while those who first got it had to pay upwards of 70
For the same reason I bought Baldur's Gate 2 ten years ago for 50 bucks, then 30 (or it may have been 40?) for the Throne Of Bhall expansion. And now you can get the pack of them for 20 bucks new off of amazon. It's (a) year(s) later.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
deonte9109 said:
Korten12 said:
deonte9109 said:
You are good friend however, why should the PS3 owners get all of the DLC at probably a $60 price while those who first got it had to pay upwards of 70
Well maybe not all of the DLC for free but atleast still the new mission.

Dr Bob

Mar 17, 2010
lamo enjoy your your crippled story version of me2 ps3 owners

lole, "selecting choices" instead of experiencing them

LAMO

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Wieke said:
Hopefully the rest of us can get the new mission as DLC.
I was thinking that this new mission *is* DLC (at least for 360 & PC players) that just hasn't been released yet.

Makeshift Koala

Aug 20, 2009
My guess is that it's the second of 2 dlc planned to branch mass effect 2 to 3. Lair of the Shadow Broker being the first.
I highly doubt they would create 6 hours of content for mass effect 2 and just leave the other platforms out of it.. as they have a love for the mass effect universe, and would want everyone to experience it =P