RuneScape Has 105 Million User Accounts

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I liked the quests aspect, I thought that it was relatively interesting, but I ran through the Free2Play stuff too quickly. And, really, it didn't seem to be enough to warrant a monthly fee. Also, grindtastic. Ore's like the most important thing ever, and you can carry only so much of it. Jeez.

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
I'm willing to bet that only 100,000 are active AT MOST. The majority of the active users are pre-teens I'm guessing though.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Gee thanks for that. Now I feel dirty knowing I contributed to thast number even though I played it for a total of 15 minutes.

PuppetMaster

Aug 28, 2009
Pointing out any game that can beat WoW at something seems to be a pretty popular topic today, perhaps I should start a thread saying how much better the physics and freeroam are in CoH... in anycase I admit I'll probably try mechscape just for the thought of Gurren Lagann

peduncle

Jan 27, 2009
doesn't suprise me. it's a classic...kinda. i played it back in the day. it's not horrible for no download and free

kayonaku

Jul 23, 2009
RougeWaveform said:
Everyone, at some point, has to have a RuneScape account. It's like a nerd rite of passage.
I agree.
Didn't EVERYONE who's a true gamer make an account on that site?
I mean the game's quality sucked so no one really stuck to it.
But just about everyone tried it for that first ten-thirty minutes.
Then most moved on and never touched it again.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
How many are active and how many of those actives are members?

J a m m y

Apr 14, 2009
I still play, and have for the last 5 years, although I have made almost 10 accounts over that time.

Souplex said:
A few months ago I believe the numbers where around 1 million members.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Psst, guys. It has 10 million "active accounts." Says right up there :p
I was just about to type that...reading is FTW!

Good for Jagex. While the game is way to grindy for me I have to admit Runescape has better questlines then just about any major MMO out there, including WoW. There quests are some of the few that actually had me *wanting* to read them.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
L33tsauce_Marty said:
While only 20,000 actually kept their accounts over a week.
And half of those are multi-accounts and bots.
I bet you my eight attempted accounts back when I had to live with dial up for a month from november to december of '99 are still there XD

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
My acount is in there somewhere, its been about 4 years since I last logged in but its in there. Mainly due to a guy in the class above me changing my password and stealing my armour. However I did steal a tenner orf him a week later so, all is fair.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Jamfalcon said:
I still play, and have for the last 5 years, although I have made almost 10 accounts over that time.

Souplex said:
A few months ago I believe the numbers where around 1 million members.
5 million a month, that is pretty respectable.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
This is hilarious. Yesterday (or this morning, can't remember) I started a forum about subscription fees in video games. If most MMOs were free after you buy them then there would be more MMOs like this.